Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

I watched a rerun of title day today on sky. Our play that day was just like last weeks Reading game, todays game, and a few others this season. Lovely tip tap football, hardly anyone shooting, no width or pace and with the opposition packed behind the ball but looking dangerous with a fast break. Now Mr Mancini knows a lot more about football than I or anyone else on this forum, but you have to question whether or not he has the tactical guile to change the system we play. Maybe he didn't get the players he wanted in the summer, but every club in England would have liked them too, but you don't always get what you want. We have been well and truly rumbled by other clubs.
I know that compared to years gone by we are in a dream position, but expectations are now a lot higher and we have to get some zip back into our game or i can see plenty of other teams frustrating us this season

This chuckle brother football has to be more creative, at a faster pace and with more penetrating balls.

Up front we don't look like champions. Very poor. Trying to walk it in?

Who said - if the strikers not got the ball he can't score a goal?

Dave Silva - poor today? Jimmy Milner - trys but not up to it.

Zaba - off day. Yaya - he's got to learn Ref's have banned tackling : change ya style or fuck off.

Missed a big chance today with a team that again with better finishing should of seen this game off in the 1st 20 mins.

guvnors son mcfc said:
Oh dear, meltdown on here !
Not really meltdown, Tevez/Munich was meltdown. If we'd lost in May it might have been meltdown. Today barely registers. Same old, same old, like;

guvnors son mcfc said:
Fans saying change the manager ? Pathetic.
Has happened week on week since 2009, always with the odd splattering of foreign "true blues" assisting proceedings, in addition to the usual grumps.

guvnors son mcfc said:
Sunderland played out of their skin as do most teams playing against the champions, we lost 1-0 take it on the chin boys this forum is embarrassing for the club.

A comment made earlier about what this forum would of been like when we were shit, the thought frightens me.

In the last two seasons we haven't lost a league game by more than one goal ! Nobody hammers City anymore. United will drop points yet. We are second in the league, halfway through the season.
The bold bits are true.

Roberto should look critically at himself and his starting line-up and formation, and his poor squad rotation and substitutions. He should own up to his own failings, before he starts criticizing his players publicly. On Saturday we played ugly and won; you need a few of those over the season, but today we played ugly and lost; you don't need any of those.

Roberto has made us play boring and predictable (like many teams in SerieA), and our opponents now know exactly how to play against us to get a result. All this tippy-tappy stuff and square ball play means painfully slow build-up and no final push forward. The crowded midfield making too many sideways passes, means the strikers get poor service, or too many players try to walk it in. Being in only 2 competitions was supposed to help us concentrate on at least one (possibly two) trophies.

We have become too narrow with no wingers and no tactical awareness to make changes as required during the game. Many fans have said it, but it is obvious to everyone except Roberto, but we have no Plan B. RM please stop obsessing about Balo, and concentrate on all the players in the team. I don't think RM will get any money for new players in the January window until he moves out a few of the under-performers.

Re: Im joining the mancini out brigade

bugsyblue said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
since the start of the season, everyone on this forum has seen how we play with no pace or width, tippy tappy arsenal esc style of play, theres a reason it doesnt win you trophies,

Im a fan of nastasic, but when your defending a title, you need experience, a 19 year old starting every game is a gamble that has backfired, Im not saying hes bad, a very good prospect, but we HAD to buy experienced players who will take us forward and we havent, weve gone backwards,

Im sorry but if peps available please go all out for him.

That style of football won us the title last season. That style of football was the basis of Barcelona's best ever team. That style of play, won arsenal numerous titles. Not only this but you conclude your argument with... Go sign pep. The man who epitomises this style of football.

Your argument of Mancini out is not a bad one but your analysis is all wrong.

Also nasty has been one of our best players this season.

Barcelona have Xavi, Iniesta and Messi to pass it through teams. 3 unbelievable players who have been playing together their whole careers (and before)

Arsenal didn't win trophies with that style go back and watch how Arsenal played with Llunberg, Overmars, Henry, Viera and Berkamp. They played attractive football but they could also be VERY direct. When they completely changed their style the trophies dried up.

baildon blue said:
I get the impression from some comics on bluemoon we are going to flash the cash in January get real it isnt going to happen.

What makes you say that? We spent in summer and even then Mancini said it wasn't enough. He'll be all for spending and honestly, I think with where we are, the board will probably let him.

thedogsbollocks said:
kiam06 said:
Pretty dire today but all part of the natural progression of our club, Mancini has done his job and taken us to the level he can. In the summer we will see a massive shift in philosophy as we get a top level manager in either Mourinho or more likely Guardiola who with the backing of the Barca team behind the scenes will be unstoppable.

Don't worry blues keep the faith a dodgy season is inevitable until the foundations are finished, last year was very welcome but way ahead of schedule.
Good post that mate,and i agree.

no need for histrionics and reacting to this defeat.At the end of the season we will have an evaluation off how the season progressed,obviously if it carries on as it has then there will be major changes afoot.My personal opinion is that based on how we have performed in the Champions League they might already be in the pipeline.

He will survive at least the season,and rightfully should.[Obviously this assumption is based on Champions League qualification never looking in doubt regardless of how the season pans out]
With respect to you both, and the points made, some of what you say is rubbish.

Kiam, how can you say with absolute certainty (which you seem to imply) that "Mancini has done his job and taken us to the level he can. In the summer we will see a massive shift in philosophy as we get a top level manager in either Mourinho or more likely Guardiola who with the backing of the Barca team behind the scenes will be unstoppable."? Are you ITK?

I completely agree with "Don't worry blues keep the faith a dodgy season is inevitable until the foundations are finished, last year was very welcome but way ahead of schedule.

Dog's Bollocks, "He will survive at least the season,and rightfully should."

Of course he should, we'd be an absolute laughing stock if we fired Mancini 6 months after winning the league. Not to mention that he deserves the time to complete building our squad and take us even further.

The difference, it seems, between some previous posters and I, is that I rationally think that Mancini can do great things here given time, and some are ready to lynch him at any given mistake.

What was it we all said in 2008 about enjoying the ride? Our club is in good hands, it is all taken care of, stop fretting about new management everytime we drop points.

we ,have 7/8 players who are as good as anyone in world football,aguaro,teves,hart kompany,ya ya ,silva,nasri,.How can it be that not one of them has played well this season ?not f****ing one ,aaarrrrrrrrrrrrr.

mike4210 said:
This chuckle brother football has to be more creative, at a faster pace and with more penetrating balls.

Up front we don't look like champions. Very poor. Trying to walk it in?

Who said - if the strikers not got the ball he can't score a goal?

Dave Silva - poor today? Jimmy Milner - trys but not up to it.

Zaba - off day. Yaya - he's got to learn Ref's have banned tackling : change ya style or fuck off.

Missed a big chance today with a team that again with better finishing should of seen this game off in the 1st 20 mins.

Subtle as a kick in the bollocks....

Yaya_Tony said:
The difference, it seems, between some previous posters and I, is that I rationally think that Mancini can do great things here given time, and some are ready to lynch him at any given mistake.

Some people, like myself, don't think the mistakes are small. Of course he'll get until the end of the season, but after that if he were to be sacked I for one think it'd be the right thing to do and I think it's a possibility if we don't win the league.

That's not an opinion based on today's performance, but an opinion based on Mancini's whole tenure including the league title and fa cup win. Maybe I'm setting impossible standards, but I think only winning the league this season ensures Mancini gets another chance ...

very good coach but not good enough ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.