Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

I've just calmed down and I've watched it again. It's a free kick on Zaba we should of been 2 up before they had there 1st shot. There goal should of been saved the ref was a twat gave them free kicks everytime they went down. There keeper made some very good saves and overall we didn't play bad (after watching again that is) hope the players wake up from this defeat and beat Norwich. The Rags struggled against Newcastle at home conceding 3 and have lost Shrek for 3 weeks. They will drop more points and I tell myself we can get 7 points more than them in the next 19 games. We've still to play them and they won't put 11 men behind the ball. Also believe we will get a few decent signings in Jan.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Bet Fred has just paid out. 'Past the post' he said.

Get a fucking grip. Pressure is off now, we'll reel them in quickly.
This fkn this guys listen to him

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
The difference, it seems, between some previous posters and I, is that I rationally think that Mancini can do great things here given time, and some are ready to lynch him at any given mistake.

Some people, like myself, don't think the mistakes are small. Of course he'll get until the end of the season, but after that if he were to be sacked I for one think it'd be the right thing to do and I think it's a possibility if we don't win the league.

That's not an opinion based on today's performance, but an opinion based on Mancini's whole tenure including the league title and fa cup win. Maybe I'm setting impossible standards, but I think only winning the league this season ensures Mancini gets another chance ...

very good coach but not good enough ...
Who said they have to be small mistakes? I said any mistake. He has made some, sure as night turns to day but in my opinion the bloke is young as managers go, so mistakes can happen.

It's a bit funny you pop up when I mention "posters ready to lynch Mancini" ;)

Maybe I'm setting impossible standards, but I think only winning the league this season ensures Mancini gets another chance ...
I hope he gets another season regardless, but I don't think your scenario to see that is impossible either, at all...

At the moment we've lost momentum and replaced it with frustration.

Interesting to see what comes of this. Things haven't been right since the summer. The squad really played for the manager when Tevez went walkies last year. But with him coming back it's undermined Mancini even though he's played well intermittantly.

This could go one of two ways:

1. Mancini is backed in January. 2-3 significant changes are made. A striker goes and another comes in. We buy a quality midfielder to play alongside Yaya. We finish the season with momentum.

2. Powder is kept dry in Jan. 1-2 players for the future come in. Mancini goes in the summer. New manager comes in and generates momentum for next season.

We may finish the season with the same point total either way.

Question is whether the people in power think we are ready for Stage 2...

Yaya_Tony said:
[

Haha ... there's been a couple of city managers i've wanted to lynch, but Mancini certainly isn't one of them no matter how much i criticise him ! :)

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
[

Haha ... there's been a couple of city managers i've wanted to lynch, but Mancini certainly isn't one of them no matter how much i criticise him ! :)
I'd strangle some (edited my choices..) myself if I could!

I still think your "impossible standard" scenario is more than achievable this year, and even if we don't achieve that this is still a learning phase for the whole club, we'll grow to deal with things once we have experienced them. If by the 3rd year of this new 5 yr contract we still have Mancini and have won nowt, I'll be asking questions and possibly calling for his head too, hold me to it, but I don't think I will find myself in that position. I find your "impossible standard" much more realistic than winning nothing for 3 years! (City supporting = easier these days since 2008)

Just got back. Quality day out, fucking rubbish performance .
Lescott substitution was laughable tbh, it makes me worried if that's all we had off the bench.
Dzekos attitude today, and last week at Newcastle, shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.