Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Groundhog Day at the Stadium of Shite. Predictable, turgid performance and in many respects we got what we deserve for underestimating them. MP is really struggling to sort us out effectively away from home, our pathetic first 20 minutes set the tone, we gave them time to settle when we should have been ripping into them...f sake, have we not learnt from the past 4 years at that ground? We haven't scored at the home of one of the consistently worst teams in the PL for 4 seasons tells a story of not learning which we all thought would have changed this season.
We are 2 points ahead of Newcastle who we thumped 4 nil back in August, sitting in a miserable 8th position despite having spent £100 million in the summer. Somebody posted about not being worried because we're the top scorers in the league, well there is piss all point in putting 7 past Norwich if you lose your next game to a dog shit team like Sunderland.....
Luckily this crap start has not left us 10 plus points off the top (yet) but at this rate, with our dismal away form, we are going to have to up the ante considerably in terms of consistency before we can look at ourselves as challengers in the league.

Personally I don't think we deserved to win that match despite the second half being the most one sided you will ever see. That said I don't think we deserved to lose either. If the ref did his job properly then their goal would have been ruled out for the foul on Milner and Larson would have received his marching orders.

When you are playing a bogey team away from home and are missing 4 key players which include the first choice CB's then we need all the luck we can get. Sometimes it's not about the cost of our team Vs theirs, games like this in our circumstances is about the result and the ref definitely influenced it.

Another thing I noticed is the amount of fouls we give away. When you consider we dominate possession nearly every game how is it we tend to give away nearly double the amount of fouls as our opponents?

How the fuck do we lose against Sunderland with the team we've got I just don't understand

bigmal said:
kippaxchris said:
bigmal said:
So frustrating, they gave us enough time to score and we still couldn't manage it, keepers got to do better for their goal IMO

Absolute joke
Whys that a joke? In my opinion he went the wrong way Bardsley was never gonna go near post.

Agree, it was poor keeping by Pantillimon.

Player ratings:

Pantilimon - 5
Nothing to do but concede. Flung his arm up while the shot went past his waist.

Richards - 5
Not terrible but blunt

Demichellis - 5
Didnt have much to do defensively but at least tried to bring the ball up the pitch on the deck

Lescott - 5
Again, not much to do but missed a proper sitter with his head in the last min

Kolarov - 6
An attacking threat; set kun up for a sitter and nearly scored, but shot too often way over

Garcia - 3
Doesn't bring anything to the team defensively or going forward. Just there to foul other players.

Yaya - 4
A real off day for yaya. Passing range was limited and didnt drive forward at all

Milner - 6
Pretty blunt at right mid but was only one looking to drive forward in the second half

Nasri - 5
Again, no incisive play. The lack of movement was shocking and he really needs silva to pass and move with.

Kun Aguero - 5
Had a few moments of good forward play but not able to impose himself on the game. Missed a sitter with his head

Negredo - 5
Blunt. Blunt. Blunt.

Subs:

Navas: 6
The only attacking outlet in the second half. But decent balls in the box and but should have scored but got a bit predictable towards the 90.

citytill1die84 said:
kramer said:
remember arthur mann said:
Retrospective action, will Larson have action taken against him?

I doubt it has Dean had a word with him Dean was awful today he missed that tackle then booked Garcia for nothing missed the foul on Milner for the goal and gave them everything then only 3 mins added on

Ref didn't book him so FA can take action.

I missed th incident but if he called a foul and if I recall someone said he did, then FA can't take any action as ref already took the one.

Not that I slightly care at this point though.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:21 pm --<br /><br />
Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Plaything of the gods said:
If you can't beat Sundeland away, you can't win the league. Er...

but they were the only team to do it when we won the premiership........at the moment every time we go away we seem to get beat

Only? What about Swansea and Chelsea?

MSP said:
citytill1die84 said:
kramer said:
I doubt it has Dean had a word with him Dean was awful today he missed that tackle then booked Garcia for nothing missed the foul on Milner for the goal and gave them everything then only 3 mins added on

Ref didn't book him so FA can take action.

I missed th incident but if he called a foul and if I recall someone said he did, then FA can't take any action as ref already took the one.

Not that I slightly care at this point though.

He did call a foul but couldn't have seen it clearly, if he had Larsson would have been off so the FA can take action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.