Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Just got back in and haven't read the previous comments, but I have no idea of what's going on. No chasing down at all during the first 16minutes, no pushing up, no pressing... something I expected us to do from the whistle.

Lescott... well he didn't exactly increase his chances of 1) staying at the club, and 2) making the England squad. He looks terrified on the ball.

Nasri did okay me thinks, Aguero tried... but without energy and frenzy we are an average side.

Btw.. we are now officially a mid-table team.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Groundhog Day at the Stadium of Shite. Predictable, turgid performance and in many respects we got what we deserve for underestimating them. MP is really struggling to sort us out effectively away from home, our pathetic first 20 minutes set the tone, we gave them time to settle when we should have been ripping into them...f sake, have we not learnt from the past 4 years at that ground? We haven't scored at the home of one of the consistently worst teams in the PL for 4 seasons tells a story of not learning which we all thought would have changed this season.
We are 2 points ahead of Newcastle who we thumped 4 nil back in August, sitting in a miserable 8th position despite having spent £100 million in the summer. Somebody posted about not being worried because we're the top scorers in the league, well there is piss all point in putting 7 past Norwich if you lose your next game to a dog shit team like Sunderland.....
Luckily this crap start has not left us 10 plus points off the top (yet) but at this rate, with our dismal away form, we are going to have to up the ante considerably in terms of consistency before we can look at ourselves as challengers in the league.

I just can't understand why we beat teams at home, but we're so bad away. Why does it make such a difference?

One minute I think we're going to win the league the next I'm not sure if we'll make the top 4

At least they didn't score in the 94th minute, and we didn't have to endure Martin Tyler coming all over his microphone.

Quinn was irritating

NQCitizen said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
NQCitizen said:
We didn't even come close to scoring with that set up. Navas finds a City player about 1 in 5 times.

Is this the same ratio of City players in the box to the number of defenders in the box?

Yeah, so why cross it?

EXACTLY! A good wing know when to cross.

Sorry Ladies /Gents but the time has nearly arrived for Pellegrini to be assessed 100% & I am afraid to say it is looking dire! We know it's about ifs & buts however team selection was NOT justified. Take not starting with NAVAS! We were playing a team that were there for the taking. Attack simple really but apparently not!

Mancini/Tevez having a laugh @ us?

Matt the Giant said:
Just got back in and haven't read the previous comments, but I have no idea of what's going on. No chasing down at all during the first 16minutes, no pushing up, no pressing... something I expected us to do from the whistle.

Lescott... well he didn't exactly increase his chances of 1) staying at the club, and 2) making the England squad. He looks terrified on the ball.

Nasri did okay me thinks, Aguero tried... but without energy and frenzy we are an average side.

Btw.. we are now officially a mid-table team.

Always has, gives his all but clearly out of his depth.

bennyboy said:
Poor team selection.Richards and Garcia should not have started.Navas a winger that cannot cross.
Hate Sunderland,unbelievable how lucky they are against us.

Couldn't agree more. Navas CAN NOT cross. Running fast and crossing before the line isn't a cross. No curve, closer to keeper to handle and not enough power to divert in. I was excited about Navas when we bought him but I really do not like him. His crosses are weak, can't tackle, can't seem to pair with other team members and he loses the ball easily- not to mention he's rubbish at putting the ball back the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.