Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Eccles Blue said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Milner is a decent squad player but the way some of the guys on here talk as if he is Vidal in midfield and Ribery on the wing. Bet you if Navas started there would have been a significant number of people asking why we didn't opt for Milner's graft in a physical away game.

If you had seen Milner's performance yesterday as compared to YaYa who gets the call every single match, you would have said that Milner should be the first on the team sheet!! Milner bossed and encouraged everyone else whilst putting in a MOTM performance of his own. He was definitely the best player of ours for the whole 94 minutes.

Really

Smelly Cnut said:
Is it just me who thinks we didn't play all that bad yesterday? I know our away form is absolutely dogshit but had it not been for the great wall of Sunderland yesterday we could have had 3 or 4. I know its not a great excuse but I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances away from home at all but we are..

Arsenal, United and Liverpool have all won at Sunderland this season , and presumably all faced the same problems that we did ....... they would just have worn Sunderland down to take the points.

grim up north said:
Eccles Blue said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Milner is a decent squad player but the way some of the guys on here talk as if he is Vidal in midfield and Ribery on the wing. Bet you if Navas started there would have been a significant number of people asking why we didn't opt for Milner's graft in a physical away game.

If you had seen Milner's performance yesterday as compared to YaYa who gets the call every single match, you would have said that Milner should be the first on the team sheet!! Milner bossed and encouraged everyone else whilst putting in a MOTM performance of his own. He was definitely the best player of ours for the whole 94 minutes.

Really
Really x2 ,looked one of the worst on the pitch in the first half !

Well im not accepting that performance. How can a team that dicks Norwhich 7 nil and batters CSK at home then plays like that and gets beat by relegation fodder.A few points id like to make don't tell me GARCIA is better than Gaz BARRY.KOLOROV wouldn't never wear a blue shirt again if up to me cos all he can do is cross a ball but even then ya have to give it him on his stride.
I see now MANCINI has gone and the players arnt feeling hard done by with some of his criticism the nicey nicey approach that supposed to work is working .What a loada tosh. City just turned up and thought they could win by being on the pitch.
I feel let down big time im a blue of 40yrs and still no matter who plays how much we spend we still have that self destruct button and its us the fans that suffer with false hope .WELL PISSED OFF.

6one said:
I thought Milner was poor yesterday. For the goal, I don't think you can hide behind the excuse claiming a foul. He should have been stronger.

His best moments were cleaning up when Lescott didn't have the pace needed.

The Milner Apologists say he is not a winger and deserves to play in the middle. Given his chance in the 2nd half, he almost always turned down the chance to play a forward pass. That is my problem with him. It's average Joe. Lots of running, very little skill, vision, or ability to pick a pass.

Nasri and Aguero were the only 2 players who were trying to create yesterday, and it showed that they were the 2 who got frustrated at the end.
I didn't think he was great myself, but no blame on him for the goal, he was doing Richards job (not for the first time), while he stood watching from the half way line making no effort to get back.

He does a job, he rarely ever lets us down, but that's about it, and its why he's a squad player, that's not knocking the lad, its just how it is.

powelleblue said:
Well im not accepting that performance. How can a team that dicks Norwhich 7 nil and batters CSK at home then plays like that and gets beat by relegation fodder.A few points id like to make don't tell me GARCIA is better than Gaz BARRY.KOLOROV wouldn't never wear a blue shirt again if up to me cos all he can do is cross a ball but even then ya have to give it him on his stride.
I see now MANCINI has gone and the players arnt feeling hard done by with some of his criticism the nicey nicey approach that supposed to work is working .What a loada tosh. City just turned up and thought they could win by being on the pitch.
I feel let down big time im a blue of 40yrs and still no matter who plays how much we spend we still have that self destruct button and its us the fans that suffer with false hope .WELL PISSED OFF.
Just wondering what Kolarov did wrong,can't seem to get my head round it's his fault after every defeat ,was he not twice as good as Micah on the day ?

black mamba said:
Smelly Cnut said:
Is it just me who thinks we didn't play all that bad yesterday? I know our away form is absolutely dogshit but had it not been for the great wall of Sunderland yesterday we could have had 3 or 4. I know its not a great excuse but I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances away from home at all but we are..

Arsenal, United and Liverpool have all won at Sunderland this season , and presumably all faced the same problems that we did ....... they would just have worn Sunderland down to take the points.
Without looking, I don't think they had Poyet as manager, a very different kettle of fish. I think he'll have them mid-table by the spring, he's a good manager for me, and the players are now playing for their manager, unlike Di Canio.

cleavers said:
6one said:
I thought Milner was poor yesterday. For the goal, I don't think you can hide behind the excuse claiming a foul. He should have been stronger.

His best moments were cleaning up when Lescott didn't have the pace needed.

The Milner Apologists say he is not a winger and deserves to play in the middle. Given his chance in the 2nd half, he almost always turned down the chance to play a forward pass. That is my problem with him. It's average Joe. Lots of running, very little skill, vision, or ability to pick a pass.

Nasri and Aguero were the only 2 players who were trying to create yesterday, and it showed that they were the 2 who got frustrated at the end.
I didn't think he was great myself, but no blame on him for the goal, he was doing Richards job (not for the first time), while he stood watching from the half way line making no effort to get back.

He does a job, he rarely ever lets us down, but that's about it, and its why he's a squad player, that's not knocking the lad, its just how it is.

Milner was also knocked off balance by a shove in the upper back/neck area from Bardsley for that goal , and it should clearly have been disallowed !

Thenumber1blue said:
Just wondering what Kolarov did wrong,can't seem to get my head round it's his fault after every defeat ,was he not twice as good as Micah on the day ?
I didn't think he did much wrong either, but like most of the others, he wasn't great either. There were very few City players who should be thinking they did enough yesterday, it was a poor all round performance from the majority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.