Supporters Club tickets

I’m 100% sure overseas branches who apply for tickets don’t receive them from the OSC allocation any requested are passed directly to MCFC and they decide whether to allocate them can’t really pin this one on supporters club. I met quite a few Japanese in fan park outside ground apparently club had sent them 50 tickets fair journey from there, all had brand new shirts and scarfs price of success. That said everyone in cup scheme had a chance too.
More than likely all would have stayed until the end as well.

Our branch was only allocated 11 tickets for Burnley and 16 for Sheff Utd. We usually take two coaches to each and have over 600 members. Gone are the days when the club would ring the sec and ask him to rally round and try and sell more tickets to away matches.. only 6 or 7 years ago too. We are assuming that many more tickets are being made available to corporate and foreign fans.
How is Arnie doing well I hope top lad.:-)

I wouldn’t feel any need to explain yourself, let alone apologise.

There isn’t a single person on here who if offered a ticket to a game they desperately wanted to attend, would turn it down, because other people were more “deserving.”
I just missed out on Burnley 23k pts kids were young when points scheme came in and didn’t do as many away games, one’sI did go to travelled with and got a ticket through branch, we were pretty average and it didn’t look like changing anytime soon but we ran a full 56 seater to most games.if I pushed it maybe I’d get a ticket through branch but wouldn’t really be fair on lads who do every game. So be watching this one on telly :-)

if we didn't have so many JCL's it wouldn't be a problem!
puts tin hat on
Not sure how a young fan can avoid being a JCL. As far as I can see, in terms of matchgoing support, City is sitting on a demographic timebomb and all too complacent about it. The 18-25 away allocation is pretty much the only concession to this reality. I don't go to aways and me and my City supporting loved ones are not in that age bracket so I have no dog in the fight. But I'll defend it vigorously. It just wouldn't be right for most of the opportunity to see City to go to the fans who've already seen it all (and maybe even be a bit bored of it, if the Etihad fire alarm is anything to go by) The club must have a mix of old, middle and young attending at home and away to be healthy, and not just the children and grandchildren of those of us who were lucky enough to be around in the sixties and seventies. Whatever gripes people have with away ticketing, keep that 18-25 allocation.

Multiple supporter clubs representatives seem to be saying that early signs are that their allocations are down for this season.

Those extra tickets certainly haven’t gone to points holders for the Burnley game, which also seem to be down, to round about the 40% mark.

While people are arguing about platinum, ticket exchange, supporters clubs, 18-25, cup schemes etc. etc.

The big question to me that needs asking is whose allocation has been increased this season? And more importantly, why?

Multiple supporter clubs representatives seem to be saying that early signs are that their allocations are down for this season.

Those extra tickets certainly haven’t gone to points holders for the Burnley game, which also seem to be down, to round about the 40% mark.

While people are arguing about platinum, ticket exchange, supporters clubs, 18-25, cup schemes etc. etc.

The big question to me that needs asking is whose allocation has been increased this season? And more importantly, why?
Why do corporate and agencies get ANY tickets for aways?

Two things that has not been addressed are Touts and Ticket Sites. Touts operate with impunity every home match in the vicinity of the Ticket Office. Despite the fact that is illegal and there are many City employees in the area nothing has been done. In the main these are paper tickets so it's not too hard to guess where they come from, certainly not from the ordinary SC holder. Regarding away tickets anyone who cares to look will find sites selling away tickets in our end. Surely it would be easy for the Club to buy a couple of these tickets, trace them to the original owner and ban that person from ever receiving aways. Why will they not do that ?. Well what happens if the supplier has a box, spends a fortune on corporate or they are employed by the Club. Theres your answer.

I just missed out on Burnley 23k pts kids were young when points scheme came in and didn’t do as many away games, one’sI did go to travelled with and got a ticket through branch, we were pretty average and it didn’t look like changing anytime soon but we ran a full 56 seater to most games.if I pushed it maybe I’d get a ticket through branch but wouldn’t really be fair on lads who do every game. So be watching this one on telly :-)
I've liked the post, but it makes me so sad.
About 4 seasons ago when I did aways on a regular basis 19k pretty much guaranteed a ticket anywhere - even if I was on Platinum I'm not sure if it'd have got me to 23k!!
Have to wonder where the tickets are disappearing to

I think there's been an increase in the number of branches opening up over the last few seasons which has inevitably impacted on the allocations and will continue to do so as more branches become eligible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.