Supporting Two Teams?

Is it possible to support two teams equally?

Whom would such people want to win, should their two clubs face each other?

I know a lot have a "second" team, whose results they keep an eye on. As far as I’m concerned, that’s Exeter City, as a mate used to play for them.

Many years ago, a lad I went to school with, a Spurs fan, couldn’t understand why I’d want City to beat Plymouth. I didn’t think to ask him, which team he’d want to win, if Argyle played Tottenham.

I’m asking, because I don’t believe that it is possible to support two teams equally, but others might say differently.
If Plymouth Argyle were playing Spurs I'd be watching Countryfile or an episode of Midsomer Murders I'd already seen 50 times, or if neither of those were on I'd ring the mother in law for a general chit chat. If all else fails maybe ask the mrs if there was any DIY she wanted doing.

I remember being a kid being so pissed off with supporting city losing all the time, I think we’d lost 2-0 to Watford the night before, I’d support Liverpool in the club World Cup (midweek match in those days) It was televised which was rare and I must have had enough. I was an obsessed 6/7/8 year old City fan who just wanted to support a team that won every now and then. So I settled down to watch my new hero’s and they lost 0-3. Thank you Flamingo from the bottom of my heart. If the vermin had won that game, I dread to think what would have become of me. Just goes to show, stick with YOUR team, and it will be worth it in the end

I remember being a kid being so pissed off with supporting city losing all the time, I think we’d lost 2-0 to Watford the night before, I’d support Liverpool in the club World Cup (midweek match in those days) It was televised which was rare and I must have had enough. I was an obsessed 6/7/8 year old City fan who just wanted to support a team that won every now and then. So I settled down to watch my new hero’s and they lost 0-3. Thank you Flamingo from the bottom of my heart. If the vermin had won that game, I dread to think what would have become of me. Just goes to show, stick with YOUR team, and it will be worth it in the end
Bin dipping murdering car stereo robbing fence jibbing job shy scrounging thieving bus bricking victim ****

Is it possible to support two teams equally?

Whom would such people want to win, should their two clubs face each other?

I know a lot have a "second" team, whose results they keep an eye on. As far as I’m concerned, that’s Exeter City, as a mate used to play for them.

Many years ago, a lad I went to school with, a Spurs fan, couldn’t understand why I’d want City to beat Plymouth. I didn’t think to ask him, which team he’d want to win, if Argyle played Tottenham.

I’m asking, because I don’t believe that it is possible to support two teams equally, but others might say differently.
Anyone that says they used to watch City one week then United/ someone else the week after needs shooting. Twice.

To be fair, me and my mates would wear fucking anything when we were 6-10 years old. I had an old hand me down Arsenal 1996 shirt that I wore as pyjamas, didn't think anything of it. Certainly didn't support the fuckers.

I remember having friends with Barca, AC, Juve shirts... all the usual cartel.
My dad would have disowned me had I worn anything other than a City top.
Not a fucking chance I’d have been caught wearing a fucking Arsenal shirt. Or any other top. Fuck that. City or nothing.

I was born in Plymouth and watched Argyle at Home Park as often as I could. As Plymouth was (and is again - it's complicated!) the largest town in England to never have been represented in the top flight, Argyle fans were permitted a glory team. I chose my glory team in the late 60's which led to a couple of fallow decades! I now live in Kent, have a City Seasoncard and still try to fit in a couple of pilgrimages with the Green Army when I can. City always takes priority. In the unlikely event of Argyle ascending to the Premier League, maybe I will lose my "Glory Team" privileges?
You need shooting.

You support who your dad fucking well tells you you’re going to support. And that’s it.

That's about the long and the short of it really, however if your dad didn't follow football and just to spite your older brother you follow the "Other" team which in my case happened to be City :)

I can remember playing in the street and hearing the roars on matchday, fuck knows why my older brother became a follower of the swamp dwelling plastics.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.