Swamp Derby - 25/3/14

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
Anything other than them getting battered will be a freak result.
A bit like Wigan beating City in the FA Cup I guess (twice), at least "freak" results like that never happen eh ?

Yes, those were freak results. Clearly freak results do happen sometimes, but that doesn't mean you should expect them every time you walk out.

And apart from anything, genuinely i think Wigan are a bigger threat than United at the moment. I am not saying they are a better side, because United have better players and should be playing a lot better than they are. But for whatever reason (i.e. moyes) they are playing worse than Wigan.

Plus, we lost to Wigan because we failed to get ourselves up for it in both games until it was too late. I can't see that happening at the swamp.

So is it possible they could beat us or draw? Yes, you can't rule anything out. Do I expect? Not for 1 millisecond.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
-- Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 am --

Glasgow Man City said:
Got to be honest, I'm shitting it. My opinion was that they only really had 2 games left to play this season, us & Liverpool. I thought they would raise their game & win at least one of them. We saw what happened against Liverpool, so hopefully my prediction is wrong.

Still can't wait though my current record is 3 wins & 3 defeats with 1 game (the Rooney shin) missed at the swamp since 2008.

You're missing out Olympiacos, that is a bigger game in the wider context of United's season.

It will be four games in ten days when we rock up - I see Van Pussy or Rooney getting injured before us.

Got to be honest, I was already writing that game off for them as I can't see then overturning the 2-0 deficit.

some of the comments on here stink of everything we claim not to be. Whilst we have a better team at the moment and i will be gpoing hoping for nothing less than 3 points.. but to think this couldnt possibly be a tough game and a draw or loss is ridiculous in my opinion. If serg is fitn, yaya finds form and vinny is playing, i'll go for 1-2 city

Too many daft comments on this forum equating the natural optimism of fans with arrogance or complacency. We're blues, we're supposed to expect the best possible outcome.

I can't help but think that a lot of this level headedness is down to people apeing the banal comments from managers and players who seek to downplay their chances in any given game. They've got a reason to be circumspect, we haven't.

last season the scum were 28 points ahead of Liverpool, this season 14 behind, that's a 42 point swing. I know a lot of it is due to Liverpool doing better, but david moyes truly is a football genius

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Smalling out for a month, Evans still out, Vidic suspended.

Wio, two games in less than 72 hours, having been asked to mark Andy Carroll on Saturday night.

We definitely have a favourable wind but there is no way we should discount United's better players turning up or a twist of bad luck.

The good thing is that they can't be more fired-up than the Liverpool game, as obviously that is a bigger game for them!

If we score early, the viewing could get interesting.

He probably struggles to get two boners in 72 hours these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.