Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough one this, we haven't won there in two trips since they came up. We were poor there last season, but Dzeko missed an open net.

Michu and Dyer are out, but neither was in the starting 11 at the Etihad. Bony missed that game and beware - he's on a 7 game goal drought and loads of strikers end goal droughts against us. :)

With our improved away form and Yaya rested, I think we might sneak it, but a draw wouldn't really surprise me.

Big test,another 1-0 will do,can see Dzeko scoring again,has a habit of scoring important away goals.

Swansea haven't had the best if times this December. Hoping we can scrape a win like we did against Crystal Palace cause they are a proper hard team to play against on their day. 1-0 will do for me.

Hit by European games which they have made a real effort in

Those are out of the way now. but as LoveCity says, they have some injuries now. They are also bound to raise their game and see this as a great fixture for themselves.

I'd take a point if Chelsea and Arsenal fail to win tomorrow

Slight concern that Silva won't be available for this due to suspension but with Yaya, Zabaleta rested, and Nasri, Negredo part rested.

I am fully confident that we can get the 3 points - and we need to.

Arsenal's next 5/6 are great before they head into a horrible feb/march - if we are in touching distance in 5 weeks I will be thrilled.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:19 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Hit by European games which they have made a real effort in

Those are out of the way now. but as LoveCity says, they have some injuries now. They are also bound to raise their game and see this as a great fixture for themselves.

I'd take a point if Chelsea and Arsenal fail to win tomorrow

I wouldn't 'take' a point, we should be getting a point minimum - i'd prefer a chance at winning it, which we should do!

Arsenal dropping points should give us that extra bite to remain top of the pack!

Think we might approach this one in the way we tackled Albion away, another footballing side that were going through a sticky patch. Never had Silva for that one either, though Aguero was available, so maybe Dzeko starting and Negredo in reserve.

Just watched the Villa v Swansea game on lunchtime TV - Villa had the Swans defence in panic mode a few times and Villa were absolute shit AGAIN (how the hell did we manage to throw that game away?)

Despite all Swansea's pressure their final ball always seemed to let them down.

It will be an open game with chances at both ends - just hoping we convert more of ours than they do.

4-5-1 for me away from home at least until Sergio is fit.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Navas Yaya Fernandinho Rodwell Nasri

Negredo

Pack the midfield putting Rodwell in will release Yaya/Fernandinho to support Negredo. Navas is perfect for away trips like this his pace works well. Swansea have a few injuries but it'll still be a very tough game going for a close an nervous 2-1 City.

Why do people assume that Rodwell will come in as Silva is out ... and Milner too (which I don't believe he is) but I am worried about Navas having played two games in full this week already ...

Oh, and why do you all forget the beloved Garcia ... who seems to he ahead of Rodwell in the pecking order right now :)

So forget what we want; this is what we will get:

Hart (if gets swelling than Panti)
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Garcia - Fernandinho - Yaya Toure
Nasri - Dzeko - Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.