Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
citytill1die84 said:
4-5-1 for me away from home at least until Sergio is fit.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Navas Yaya Fernandinho Rodwell Nasri

Negredo

Pack the midfield putting Rodwell in will release Yaya/Fernandinho to support Negredo. Navas is perfect for away trips like this his pace works well. Swansea have a few injuries but it'll still be a very tough game going for a close an nervous 2-1 City.

I'd go with Milner over Rodwell, Nastasic over Lescott and exactly this team, pushing Yaya up behind Negredo so we don't rely too heavily on him to break up play. I just think Milner deserves his place in the team and is playing very well.

Blue Coop said:
citytill1die84 said:
4-5-1 for me away from home at least until Sergio is fit.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Navas Yaya Fernandinho Rodwell Nasri

Negredo

Pack the midfield putting Rodwell in will release Yaya/Fernandinho to support Negredo. Navas is perfect for away trips like this his pace works well. Swansea have a few injuries but it'll still be a very tough game going for a close an nervous 2-1 City.

I'd go with Milner over Rodwell, Nastasic over Lescott and exactly this team, pushing Yaya up behind Negredo so we don't rely too heavily on him to break up play. I just think Milner deserves his place in the team and is playing very well.
Not sure about this but he may have picked up a knock, so he might be out for this game. At least that's what the commentator's said.

Hart
Zab
Clichy
Komps
Nasty
Yaya
Fernando
Milner
Nasri
Navas
Negredo

Extra man in midfield required for this game. Pellers needs to learn to pack the midfield away from home

Tough game this one. Not our favourite ground and they gave us a game first half at home so I expect them to do even better at their ground.

Same team as Liverpool.

Kolorov starts over Clichy for me at the moment. Clichy was a real disappointment yesterday. Offers zero going forward!

this ones gonna be hard, need kolarov and navas out wide swinging in crosses and Milner or rodwell as an extra body in the middle to stop them keeping the ball.

richards30 said:
Hart
Zab
Clichy
Komps
Nasty
Yaya
Fernando
Milner
Nasri
Navas
Negredo

Extra man in midfield required for this game. Pellers needs to learn to pack the midfield away from home
Team more or less picks itself without Silva and Aguero.

Main question is who plays at left back, and whether to go with 2 forwards or an extra midfielder.

Marvin said:
richards30 said:
Hart
Zab
Clichy
Komps
Nasty
Yaya
Fernando
Milner
Nasri
Navas
Negredo

Team more or less picks itself without Silva and Aguero.

Main question is who plays at left back, and whether to go with 2 forwards or an extra midfielder.

LB given he didn't start yesterday will clearly be Kolarov I'd assume. His crossing ability will also be important as we all know Clichy offers little going forward. I think an extra midfielder personally as Swansea are so good at retaining the ball, think they had 73% possession at Villa yesterday.

richards30 said:
Hart
Zab
Clichy
Komps
Nasty
Yaya
Fernando
Milner
Nasri
Navas
Negredo

That's a good team that. Like other posters, I'd put Kolarov in for Clichy. We must have width, that is, if we want the three points. Of course, if we're just going for the draw, then Clichy over Kolarov. But the width factor is all the more crucial in that we won't have Silva's pinpoint passes through the middle to Negredo (although Nasri can hit a few..)

Swansea are a poor team these days, won 2/drawn 4/lost 3 at home this season. MP has different tactics to Mancini so I expect us to win this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.