Swansea (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be bored already with City winning all the time and want to mix up the well-balanced squad? :)

Fernandinho covers so much ground in the middle of the park. He can't do that near the line. He would lose his biggest strength.

Indeed Zab and Sagna would be confused. And you forgot about about Maffeo, the backup kid on RB.
Pace on the wing is not our problem at all. And wait a bit to see Jesus coming in. And Moreno. And Roberts.

Fernandinho is a monster in the mid. Every opponent would smile to see him near the line. Believe me.

Spot on, it was the early preseason notion so people could keep him in the side, what Pep has done is merely show what a few knew already, he's the best midfielder in the league in that position. Why he'd suddenly be sacrificed is beyond silly....

3-0 would be perfect, from a statistical point of view. Would mean we've got 3 goals per game this season on average and only conceded 1 every 2 games.

My worry is that Nolito's suspension unbalances the team

The 11 Ric suggested sounds brilliant on paper but who goes where?

In my opinion we should be playing our best players in their best positions, which rules out playing KDB (middle), Silva (middle) or Sterling (right) from the left wing.

Sane hasn't impressed enough as yet to deserve a start (and prefers the right anyway), so does that mean Navas being used in an unfamiliar spot from the left, with Ilk on the bench?

Think de Bruyne will actually end up starting left-ish with Kolly bombing on, but does it make sense to switch the position of the league's best current player?
If Navas plays I think Sterling moved to the right.

Swansea are here for the absolute taking. Manager on the brink with Giggs waiting in the wings. We should put this to bed early. 0-4

Their Icelandic lad will score, name ends in -sson. Think they might even score first if Wednesday's defensive errors are repeated. Then City win 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.