Swansea City vs Manchester City City Post Match Thread

moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:
Thought we'd smash them after how easy Chelsea made beating them look.

Games like that are why we've been dicked by Manchester United in the title race.

Of course Chelsea and the rags both drew at Swansea this season.

A good point quickly forgotten by those who look at the bad side of everything.

Of the three sides we were the most impressive in our draw.

Our fluffed chances in the second half prevented a convincing win.

blueinsa said:
moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:

Games like that are why we've been dicked by Manchester United in the title race.

Given the lead and the fact the title was over in April, they have managed to do far better than us at quite a few places though eh?

This constant referral to the rags is bollox and many would do well to focus on ourselves and our own performances or lack of them sometimes.

If your using a draw at Swansea as a reason why we've lost the league its only fair to point out that our immediate rival above and below did no better.

moomba said:
blueinsa said:
moomba said:

Given the lead and the fact the title was over in April, they have managed to do far better than us at quite a few places though eh?

This constant referral to the rags is bollox and many would do well to focus on ourselves and our own performances or lack of them sometimes.

If your using a draw at Swansea as a reason why we've lost the league its only fair to point out that our immediate rival above and below did no better.

Im not just using todays non performance, im using the several non performances that has seen us surrender the title.

Im also suggesting that every time a crap performance is criticised like today, its pointless to start pointing out other sides results against them, especially when they have just lifted the title!

moomba said:
blueinsa said:
moomba said:

We have been dicked by Manure because their away form results wise has been better overall.

We just didn't take our chances well enough to turn draws into wins away from home.

I can understand Mancini's quip about thirteen points being a tad misleading albeit he doesn't explain it too well as usual.

Of course it is what it is and they have won it well and fair and square.

At least we have been better than the rest.

We were stiff to lose at home to them and results wise at home there has been nothing between us otherwise.

mancity1 said:
moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:

But show some respect. van Persie was nearly killed that day, it must have had a huge affect on United that day.<br /><br />-- Sat May 04, 2013 6:45 pm --<br /><br />
mancity1 said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

We have been dicked by Manure because their away form results wise has been better overall.

We just didn't take our chances well enough to turn draws into wins away from home.

I can understand Mancini's quip about thirteen points being a tad misleading albeit he doesn't explain it too well as usual.

We were stiff to lose at home to them and results wise at home there has been nothing between us otherwise.
I don't think it's anything to do with away form. Every team drops points away from home.

I think the difference has been:
Arsenal at home
United at home
Everton at home
Liverpool at home
...all games we won last season (12 points); this season we didn't win any of them (3 points).

blueinsa said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

Im not just using todays non performance, im using the several non performances that has seen us surrender the title.

Im also suggesting that every time a crap performance is criticised like today, its pointless to start pointing out other sides results against them, especially when they have just lifted the title!

My post was directed at the person I quoted who was using this game as a reason we haven't won the league.

And it is relevant to compare what our rivals are doing.

Worst game I've ever seen as a blue.

One more game as bad as this and I'm probably going to support someone else.

Can't believe things have got this bad at MCFC, thoroughly depressed to be honest.

Personally I am sick of our timidity in the final third... prancing around making one cute pass too many, then when we do actually have a chance it's scuffed shots, missed chances... oh and of course taking so long to pull the trigger a defender blocks the shot (5 blocked shots today). We'll never reach the very elite level unless we become a collectively hungry, lethal, and ruthless attacking unit (see: Bayern Munich and our loathsome neighbours). Even our big man striker is as soft as a pillow. 2nd in the league but only joint 5th highest scorers (less than Chelsea with Torres up top by himself for half the season!) - thank god we have a good defence.

blueinsa said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

We should have won 2-0 or 3-1 if the penalties that were stonewall were given.

It wasn't as good as Newcastle away performance not the first half anyway but to it was crap is doing Swansea a bit of disservice and us as well.

We just missed chances that 9 nine times out of ten would have found the net especially Dzeko's.

Manure have had plenty of those crap performances especially away and found the net.

I get bemused with people who say our performance was crap just because we didn't win.

If we had of won 2-0 would you have said the same even though the performance was the same?

We have played much worse this year and won and played better and lost.

Caveman said:
mancity1 said:
moomba said:

But show some respect. van Persie was nearly killed that day, it must have had a huge affect on United that day.

-- Sat May 04, 2013 6:45 pm --

mancity1 said:
moomba said:

I don't think it's anything to do with away form. Every team drops points away from home.

I think the difference has been:
Arsenal at home
United at home
Everton at home
Liverpool at home
...all games we won last season (12 points); this season we didn't win any of them (3 points).

Have to disagree our away form is pretty much our problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.