Swansea City vs Manchester City City Post Match Thread

Thought we'd smash them after how easy Chelsea made beating them look.

Games like that are why we've been dicked by Manchester United in the title race.

Master_Tactician said:

Games like that are why we've been dicked by Manchester United in the title race.

Of course Chelsea and the rags both drew at Swansea this season.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Lol so Mancini is not to blame?

Tell me do you think Barry struggles against teams that press high?

Do you think Swansea press high?

Did Mancini pick Barry?
I know you shown me my arse on the away thing before, but Barry didn't actually struggle today, the whole team did, to break down a well organised Swansea side. Luckily for us, we are also well organised so when we were under pressure, we still didn't concede. We pushed them in the 2nd half, a goal just didn't materialise despite the chances. Simple as that. Nil - nil. I should have put some money on it in hindsight. Had 0-0 written all over it.
I think the point is no matter who we play we play the same way each time. Despite this to be shown frivolous on many occasions time and time again Mancini persists on doing it.
We're pretty solid defensively, so imo the point is if we'd have finished even one of our chances, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

Since Swansea won the league cup teams have kicked their arse and then we roll into town

moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:

And I'll bet those matches happened in the first half of the season. Swansea are not the same side as they were a few months ago.

Yaya_Tony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
I know you shown me my arse on the away thing before, but Barry didn't actually struggle today, the whole team did, to break down a well organised Swansea side. Luckily for us, we are also well organised so when we were under pressure, we still didn't concede. We pushed them in the 2nd half, a goal just didn't materialise despite the chances. Simple as that. Nil - nil. I should have put some money on it in hindsight. Had 0-0 written all over it.
I think the point is no matter who we play we play the same way each time. Despite this to be shown frivolous on many occasions time and time again Mancini persists on doing it.
We're pretty solid defensively, so imo the point is if we'd have finished even one of our chances, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.
Same could be said from a Swansea point of view though. It's not like we hammered them and were unlucky. It was a deserved draw. When you considered teams have been rolling over Swansea since Feb it's pretty poor

moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:

Given the lead and the fact the title was over in April, they have managed to do far better than us at quite a few places though eh?

This constant referral to the rags is bollox and many would do well to focus on ourselves and our own performances or lack of them sometimes.

Should have won the game on the balance of play and chances but a point is valuable for securing 2nd spot.

Win against West Brom and second place is ours for sure.

Couldn't think of a better team to have at our patch all things considered.

8th spot is in the bag for them and they cannot finish higher.

Even if we are off our game they will gift us the win touch wood.

2 points will secure third spot from our remaining

Chelsea won't win their last four games and I will stick with my view 74 points will be enough for second place this season.

We never do things the easy way so at least if other results go against us we have more tense moments ahead.

We don't do it any other way and never have.

Master_Tactician said:
moomba said:
Master_Tactician said:

And I'll bet those matches happened in the first half of the season. Swansea are not the same side as they were a few months ago.
You don't think swansea played well today? You don't think they deserved a point?

just back from game, well 1st half was forgetable to say least, but we should have won the game in 2nd half we dominated and missed so many chances, my biggest bug bear is we still trying to walk ball into net, how many times, fucking shoot ffs
if im honestthey should have had penalty, but we got away with it, but we should have come away with 3 points, its 2 points dropped

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.