Swansea City vs Manchester City City Post Match Thread

Having endured an awful train journey there and back (and I've got to say some pretty offensive behaviour from some of our fans along the way) a bit more commitment from some of the players wouldn't have gone un-appreciated. Lack-lustre just about sums it up and it was an excellent chance to cement 2nd place and allow us a breather on Tuesday. Swansea are a decent outfit but the longer the game went on the more I thought we would snatch it. Once again some woeful finishing stopped us getting 3 points on a day when Spurs and Arsenal both got somewhat fortunate victories.

Astley Lad said:
Having endured an awful train journey there and back (and I've got to say some pretty offensive behaviour from some of our fans along the way) a bit more commitment from some of the players wouldn't have gone un-appreciated. Lack-lustre just about sums it up and it was an excellent chance to cement 2nd place and allow us a breather on Tuesday. Swansea are a decent outfit but the longer the game went on the more I thought we would snatch it. Once again some woeful finishing stopped us getting 3 points on a day when Spurs and Arsenal both got somewhat fortunate victories.

What happened ?

Mark - TheBlue said:
Astley Lad said:

What happened ?

Nothing dramatic, and probably not helped by the fact that everyone was crammed into 2 carriages and there was no booze restrictions, but there were plenty of "everyday commuters" on the journey, both legs. Maybe it's me but I don't see why those people should have to put up with constant f-ing. c-ing, t-ing, or songs about paedophiles when all they're doing is going home from a days shopping. It's a pity because what starts out as being quite funny becomes quite abusive the more people have to drink.

Astley Lad said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Astley Lad said:

What happened ?

Nothing dramatic, and probably not helped by the fact that everyone was crammed into 2 carriages and there was no booze restrictions, but there were plenty of "everyday commuters" on the journey, both legs. Maybe it's me but I don't see why those people should have to put up with constant f-ing. c-ing, t-ing, or songs about paedophiles when all they're doing is going home from a days shopping. It's a pity because what starts out as being quite funny becomes quite abusive the more people have to drink.

Swearing on football away trips. What next?

mancityvstoke said:
Astley Lad said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
What happened ?

Swearing on football away trips. What next?[/quote]

Look, I accept everyone has a different perception of what makes a good away day and for some the football comes second to the drinking. That's not a problem, I've no issue with people drinking, I've been known to do it myself - frequently! Yesterday was unusual because normally we're on a Virgin train and they're "dry", they're Policed, there's first class carriages if you're willing to pay and it's not normally a four and a half hour trip. Lot's of people who were on those trains weren't on a "football trip", they were just going about their business and were subjected to constant foul language and abusive chants when there was no need for it. That's just my opinion that's all.

Astley Lad said:
mancityvstoke said:
Astley Lad said:

Look, I accept everyone has a different perception of what makes a good away day and for some the football comes second to the drinking. That's not a problem, I've no issue with people drinking, I've been known to do it myself - frequently! Yesterday was unusual because normally we're on a Virgin train and they're "dry", they're Policed, there's first class carriages if you're willing to pay and it's not normally a four and a half hour trip. Lot's of people who were on those trains weren't on a "football trip", they were just going about their business and were subjected to constant foul language and abusive chants when there was no need for it. That's just my opinion that's all.
Wow

OMG those naughty boys!

Astley Lad said:
mancityvstoke said:
Astley Lad said:

You are of course quite right, many football fans live in their own little football bubble, they forget that most people don't really care one way or another, and certainley don't want their everyday lives troubled by it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.