Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, another opportunity presents itself. The league is done, but Arsenal dropping points has given us another chance to get back into the top 4. Hopefully Hull and Boro do us a favour and we can go for 2nd

Really don't see the benefit of dropping anyone for Aguero except to keep him happy, and I like to think he's better than complaining about the new kid getting rewarded for excellent performances.

Jesus, Sterling and Sane have started two games as a front three, during which time we've scored seven (and conceded none).

Sané- 1 goal, 1 created (technically Silva's goal wasn't given as a Sané assist but he deserves it)
Jesus- 1 goal, 2 assists
Sterling- 1 goal, 1 penalty won.

Those numbers are reminiscent of MSN.

Start Jesus and Aguero. Drop either Sane or Sterling give them a rest. Will be tough to put a lot of pace in this game. We can afford to miss one of them. Put Jesus on the left.
The minute you see Jesus and Aguero on same team sheet it will scare Swansea to death and put give me goosebumps. Pepe said he can play them together no problem. We needed Chelsea to drop 2 or 3 points today. Now it is for 3 places.

Start the hot 3!!!
Folks only agree with this seemingly understandable point when their favorites are on the list or when their unfavored are excluded. The moment that stops being the case, they start making nonsensical arguments for why what should be shouldn't be.

I mean, same people who think Willy should definitely keep is place based on his performance, now suddenly think The front 3 should not keep theres. Strange that twisted logic.

No one has said get rid of Sergio, or never start Sergio (that's a red herring).

No one has said Sterling, Sane or Jesus for that matter is better than Sergio. That too is a red herring.

All folks are saying is to keep the players on form playing and ride that form. As many have correctly pointed out they will show inconsistency eventually and then we can bring in Aguero to save the day.

By the way, just a pet peeve of mine. Inconsistency is not a youth problem, it's a human one. Young and old players show inconsistency all the time. Case in point, Aguero.

Those who really want Aguero to play only have 1 legitimate argument: that being it is not in the best interest to play those 3 3 games in a row in 8-9 days.

All the other arguments so far don't hold water.

^

This game is now holds enormous psychological importance. If we win, we go at least outright 3rd. If Boro somehow get something at Spurs, we go 2nd. COME ON CITY!

Pure bluemoon mood swings. Bench the best striker in our history on the back of two cracking performances, but should Raheem freeze in front of goal at two all in the 95th minute then the suicidals will be out in force on here tomorrow evening. Pep has proved he will change a winning team many times before, personally I think he will select Sergio and God's lad, and rest one of Sterling and Sane, but it's a tough call and I will be excited by either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.