Swansea v City In Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nem said:
alky313 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Does anyone else remember the last time we were poor for 30 minutes, grew slowly into the game and had a series of corners just before HT?

Is this is a quiz? I honestly don't Bob. What are you referencing?

Wembley SF last year?

Aye. Pretty sure I watched that match through my fingers out of nervousness.

Damocles said:
I'm ducking this thread during the actual game as I can imagine how bad it will be, so I might repeat points made.

Not much to say after the first half. We weren't particularly bad, but Swansea had their best half of the season so far. This should be a lesson to City fans about how important it is for a crowd to be confident and get behind the team. Thei crowd are literally their twelveth man; always screaming for every bit of pressure or every bit of passing.

I think we're missing Kompany. Kompany is the guy who has the composure at the back to take the ball, hold on to it, and make a good pass when under pressure instead of twatting it forward or putting it to the full backs.
Speaking of full backs, ours have been pressed in due to a combination of Swansea pressuring and lack of control of the ball in the centre so our whole system was buggered and Balo was left pissing in the wind. I also think that Yaya wasn't pressing enough at the top and they took advantage of this to dominate possession.

Since Aguero has come on, we've look ed the more dangerous team and I have no doubt that we'll score a couple here.

The only thing that could stop us now is mental. The whole team look utterly frustrated with the way that we are playing and I expect that there will be a few raised voices at half time.

Either way, we aren't playing badly specifically, we just set up incorrectly and it was a good/brave move for Mancini to change it after only half an hour.

Confident for the second half.
Why post such sensible crap, when you can panic instead?

EaglesFan said:
Mason has been shit for sure - but c'mon, that's a penalty 95% of the time!!!

If it was against them we'd be screaming for penalty (and rightly so). Not much contact, but it doesnt matter under circumstances - Hart missed the ball, and stopped the man's progress...it's a clear penalty, let's take off blue-tinted glasses for a second.
Hart didn't even touch him.

Our passing is sloppy today as it was in lisbon we need to concentrate a little better, this is going to be a tough game they play good football and we need to match that. If we show a bit more composure in 2nd half then our quality should get us through i predict 0-1 for us :)

Dobsy said:
NB: Why take Barry off ahead of De Jong when NDJ is on a booking? This is a poor decision and could cost us, NDJ likely to get a second yellow.

De Jong is on an unfair tight rope (first challenge = booking, happens far too often with our players) but has been one of our better players so can understand Mancini not taking him off.

LFC_Ambassador said:
Hope you guys are winning this.

Still think baggies have the possibility to nick something from the scum game.

You're a brave man/woman coming here. We aren't too much fond of scousers as we feel that they re both dramatic and have issue with self entitlement because they were really good 30 years ago.

I hope that you're one of the decent ones, we have decent Spurs, Everton, Chelsea, Villa, West Ham and United fans on here but lack a good Liverpool fan.

matt_matt said:
Hardly ever post in the matchday thread, and I've always disagreed with the conspiracy theories, but Mason has been fucking awful today. Mario's had absolutely no protection at all, and although Routledge conned him for the pen he couldn't blow quick enough.

Fair play to the Swans, though, till Roberto made his tactical change they were hammering us (edit: in terms of possession). Think we have just enough to see them off in the second half, but it'll be no thanks to the ref.

I rarely venture in here during a game as well. You've summed it up well. WE finished stronger but blowing up for HT while the ball was there? Smacks of that idiot Thomas in the World Cup (Sweeden v Brazil?)

Hoping we can move the ball faster in the second and they'll have shot their bolt in the first.

EaglesFan said:
Mason has been shit for sure - but c'mon, that's a penalty 95% of the time!!!

If it was against them we'd be screaming for penalty (and rightly so). Not much contact, but it doesnt matter under circumstances - Hart missed the ball, and stopped the man's progress...it's a clear penalty, let's take off blue-tinted glasses for a second.

Stonewall penalty - it's easy to blame the ref but we need to up our game 100%

Aguero_Element said:
Dobsy said:
NB: Why take Barry off ahead of De Jong when NDJ is on a booking? This is a poor decision and could cost us, NDJ likely to get a second yellow.
whens the last time nige got sent off?
We have had problems with players getting second yellows though, Clichy, Barry, Balotelli.

blueboyforever said:
Damocles said:
I'm ducking this thread during the actual game as I can imagine how bad it will be, so I might repeat points made.

Not much to say after the first half. We weren't particularly bad, but Swansea had their best half of the season so far. This should be a lesson to City fans about how important it is for a crowd to be confident and get behind the team. Thei crowd are literally their twelveth man; always screaming for every bit of pressure or every bit of passing.

I think we're missing Kompany. Kompany is the guy who has the composure at the back to take the ball, hold on to it, and make a good pass when under pressure instead of twatting it forward or putting it to the full backs.
Speaking of full backs, ours have been pressed in due to a combination of Swansea pressuring and lack of control of the ball in the centre so our whole system was buggered and Balo was left pissing in the wind. I also think that Yaya wasn't pressing enough at the top and they took advantage of this to dominate possession.

Since Aguero has come on, we've look ed the more dangerous team and I have no doubt that we'll score a couple here.

The only thing that could stop us now is mental. The whole team look utterly frustrated with the way that we are playing and I expect that there will be a few raised voices at half time.

Either way, we aren't playing badly specifically, we just set up incorrectly and it was a good/brave move for Mancini to change it after only half an hour.

Confident for the second half.
Why post such sensible crap, when you can panic instead?

[bigimg]http://blog.nolar.info/wp-content/uploads/dontpanic-marvin-ltr.jpg[/bigimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.