Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

bennyboy said:
Shocker of a day.Savic taking the heat of a lot of players.NDJ,what is the point of him.woeful again,offers nothing bar a sliding tackle,waste of a position.

Agree re De Jong. Almost gives the opposition the view that we are going to play defensive before a ball has been kicked.

Milner was our best player earlier this season and then all of a sudden he seems to be the Mancini scapegoat. I cant see what he did wrong in any of the games and yet Mr Average De Jong seems to be flavour of the month again

Still in our own hands - I honestly think home form will see us over the line win 8 from 10 including beating rags and we will win it

sometimes I think posters enjoyed the fighting relegation better -

today was never going to be easy they have a great home record

bookiesgirl said:
really think we have missed the boat this season as next year will be harder as chelski, arsenal. spurs and liverpool will probably be better

can't we get better next season too though?

Steveo said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Savic might be made the scape goat but I expect more from our attacking line up. Let downs when we need them.

Agree with this. The lad will be slaughtered now. If you look at the build up to Savic giving it away, we were playing that stupid possession-type football that usually ends up with us losing the ball in a dangerous area. It was just unfortunate that it was Savic who cracked under pressure.

Straight after that, we peppered them, and should have been doing that much earlier, then their goal wouldn't have happened.

Doesn't work like that mate. The reason we peppered them is because they started to sit back and defend their lead. It's not always possible to attack like that otherwise. Don't you think Bobby would have tried to accomplish that already if it was?

kiam06 said:
Towel thrown in.

Not ready to win the league, too naive.

Been saying this for months. I've also been saying that next year is ours. A few tweaks here and there, the experience of a title challenge and we'll walk the league next season.
Still, it's been the best season I've ever had as a City fan.

SWP's back said:
citykev28 said:
starting with barry and de jong like we did last season baffled me. then when he saw it wasn't working, mancini brought off barry instead of the already booked de jong. wasn't it barry rather than de jong that played in the first half of the season when we got ourselves to the top? i like de jong and i love mancini but sometimes it seems as if he worries too much about the opposition and de jong is his default answer.
I'd agree but for the fact De Jong was our best player by some distance today whereas Barry was gash.

missed the start of it because i couldn't get a link. it just baffles me that bobby's default setting is to do what we all thought he'd abandoned. i guarantee we'll play like that at arsenal.

Cheadle Blue said:
Marpleblue69 said:
Can't believe the shit I'm reading here ffs.

Why oh fuckin why do we have so many moaning twats that follow City?

its opinions, are like arseholes, everyone has got one, right or wrong its THEIRS, not fucking yours. happy clappers annoy me more than someone having a moan. especially after watching that today,

Spot on.

Fuck all to defend today and i mean, fuck all.

We were shit!

Jumanji said:
And this is why Tevez will be useful when he gets fit.

He scores the scrappy, against run of play goals by taking defenders on in the box (winning penalties as well)...Mario, Kun, and Edin don't score these clinchers like Tevez.

I agree totally. As much as he is a dick for what he did, Tevez does what the others don't do and is what we need right now till the end of the season.

jay-lofty said:
Same story as Lisbon. We weren't up for it, they were, and if we want to win the league we've got to be at it every game we play, ESPECIALLY for tough away games such as Swansea. Disappointing that we only seemed to wake up once they'd got one, by which time it was far too late. No urgency and no movement from the front men before that, making it hard for De Jong and Yaya to pick them out.

We must start attacking away from home like we were doing at the start of the season and like we do at home week in week out. Yes, Swansea are a good side, and we've got to give them respect and not go all out attack from the off, but today we never really 'went for it' and as a result didn't create nearly enough chances.

Not having a massive go at Mancini, and you could never call us negative or 'Italian' style today, but I do wish that with all the attacking talent we have we attacked at more pace and with more intent than we seemed to today.

I think Bobby made the wrong change, should have been De Jong for barry. Barry is more direct whereas Nige tends to pass sideways or back therefore slowing our game down. But saying that it was a smart move to put another forward to stop Swanseas passing game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.