Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

BillyShears said:
Halfpenny said:
Meltdown of Chernobyl proportions among blues tonight. There are 10 matches left. As long as we stay within 3 points of them going into the derby I'm confident we'll do it. We were poor today but we'll be back.

Bad time to be having a bad time though. Two huge home games coming up and the players need to stand up and be counted. I'm with you though, I think we'll be fine. We need to beat Sporting and Chelsea to get some momentum going again. I know a lot of people think we should fuck the europa league off, but I don't believe that a squad the size of ours can justify not being able to compete in two competitions.
Looking at it another way, we've looked complacent recently. Maybe going 2nd is the shot in the arm we needed.

Balotelli had one of his days where h e seemed more interested in carrying on petty squabbles with the Swansea defence, it would be interesting to see how many of his league goals have been away from home where he seems to turn in the same sort of petty performance?
Silva has been average at best away from home for a while now, his passing has been off or perhaps it is just that players are not making the runs for him. How Mancini turns to that walking liability Savic defies belief, move Micah into the centre instead. Savic is plainly not up to the standard we need as cover for 2 established international defenders and most sane people can see that.
We are so slow moving forward, pass left, pass right, pass left pass right...for christ sake get the ball in the frigging box and something might just happen...it won't bloody happen 40 yards from goal.
Sorry, I'm just depressed now, we're now chasing Utd and not many teams have won from there in the past 20 years...our best hope is to be within 3 points of them come the derby but with our fixtures before then and a continuation of our insipid away performances I can't see it happening.

Just played far too slowly today-looked a tired team waiting for something to happen...which it did!

I dont blame Savic-who else was there and the goal couldve been prevented after that.

Silva poor today.

In reality 10 wins and we still win the league. Tough ask.

mammutly said:
It takes character to win a title. This is a test we must pass to champions. Great teams learn from defeat and come back stronger because of it. They don't despair and cry and look for blame or excuses - that's for losers.

Be better next game. Keep the confidence going and don't be dragged down by today. That's the only attitude needed here.

Amen

Re: Disgusted by every single player!!

Danny St.helens CTID said:
nomorethaksintimes said:
Maybe find something better in your life mate than wanting millionaire footballers to clap you for choosing to spend your freetime on a certain leisure pursuit. You don't pay their wages you know, Abu Dhabi does.

Ha ha unbelievable nothing else to say but start attending games home and away and then have a fcukin say!! U have said it urself multi millionaire players who can't have the fcukin decency to come over to the people who earn £300 a week and still week in week out support them!!

Nah mate, I have a season ticket but wouldn't want my weekends being dominated by football for most of the year. How many games do you want me to watch before I can comment on your hissy fit because a load of grown men you don't know won't clap you.

quiet_riot said:
Lucky13 said:
quiet_riot said:
Overpaid wankers. Took the fans longer to get there from Manchester than it did the team from Portugal, and they can't even be arsed giving any thanks.

That would be the overpaid wankers who've been top of the tree for the last 6 months.

And? Makes no odds where we are, top of the prem or bottom of league 2, fans still pay their hard earned money for tickets and even more on travel while footballers get cushy rides for playing a fucking game.

Didn't see these posts after a win, ever heard the words STAND.

Re: Saw Savic was starting so he backed Swans with £100

We lose a game and lo and behold there are those who can't wait to slag off some player or other. Now is the time to get behind the team instead of bleating on about how awful it is. Been watching City for over forty years and if a 0-1 defeat at Swansea, yet second in the Premiership, a mile clear of third and all to play for in the last ten games has some people ready to throw themselves off bridges etc. then at least send your seasoncard to someone who'll appreciate it before you do..... (and not me because I have already got one).

BillyShears said:
lazerblue said:
we were given a footballing lesson today, very poor.

You have to give a huge amount of credit to Swansea. They were excellent. It's a shame we couldn't play with the kind of intensity and tempo that they did.

Sorry, I don't agree with this...they were mediocre in the 2nd half. We made them look decent by giving them far too much time on the ball and then not pushing forward quicker when we had most of the play in the 2nd half.

yeah bit of an overreaction this , but.....

UNITED FANS ARE NOT HUMAN

I just don't understand one thing...
Players were aware that Rags were leading 1:0 with WBA having a red card and yet showed no urgency nor passion to go upfront. Just walking around and passing like they have a 3:0 lead. Savic and rest of the defense gave the goal away, but the hole team gave Swansea a chance to win.
Facts:
Mancini"s tactics are one dimensional and became easy to predict
Silva - Aguero link not working anymore.. Opponents play narrow and easily close them down
Rest of the midfield, except Yaya are to slow to deliver the ball and play at the same tempo the hole match. Slow transition and no urgency
Both Kolo and Savic are insecure
Playing on the wings is the only way to stretch the opposition but there is no good, classic winger in the team.
Mancini uses fullbacks to stretch the play but still they fail to deliver the final cross, if any cross indeed.
Zabaleta and Clichy > good defensively only, Micah as the most complete full back but still does not provide enough crosses in the box and Kolarov who" s great in attack but poor defensively
Do not have a physical strength to win the games in which we don't have a safe lead with 20 or less minutes to play on. Remember Sunderland, Everton, Fulham and this one. The Spurs one was just pure luck as Defoe missed an open goal just before Balo"s penalty.
Lack the idea against teams who play organized and defensively, especially when Yaya-Silva-Aguero link is closed down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.