Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Beaten by better team and too many players under performed need to stick together now and fight to save our season (not amongst ourselves either)!

Funny, I thought Mancini was fine today (other than perhaps leaving the subs too late).

Pulled off Barry quickly when he realized he was a total passenger in midfield — Swansea were simply too fast for Barry, he was constantly caught out of position during his time on the pitch. So why we're saying that De Jong should have come off rather than Barry is beyond me.

Thought Balo also had a fine game but is getting some slating on here. He's been inventive, hungry, his workrate has been superb and I think he's our best striker by far at the moment.

Silva was poor, Nasri was invisible. Yaya was excellent.

Feel really bad for Savic. He played a very good game up until that mistake. THOUGH it should be said that even after he misplayed the pass, he did well to shepard Swansea into the middle of the pitch and largely nullified the danger on the break. That we couldn't defend a 3 on 5 cross is a lot more to blame for the goal than a misplayed pass.

Don't think the race is decided at all. Was Blackburn supposed to win at Old Trafford?

A week ago we thought the power was back. Now one bad result and one mediocre result and the sky is falling. Chin up.

andrewmswift said:
Funny, I thought Mancini was fine today (other than perhaps leaving the subs too late).

Pulled off Barry quickly when he realized he was a total passenger in midfield — Swansea were simply too fast for Barry, he was constantly caught out of position during his time on the pitch. So why we're saying that De Jong should have come off rather than Barry is beyond me.

Thought Balo also had a fine game but is getting some slating on here. He's been inventive, hungry, his workrate has been superb and I think he's our best striker by far at the moment.

Silva was poor, Nasri was invisible. Yaya was excellent.

Feel really bad for Savic. He played a very good game up until that mistake. THOUGH it should be said that even after he misplayed the pass, he did well to shepard Swansea into the middle of the pitch and largely nullified the danger on the break. That we couldn't defend a 3 on 5 cross is a lot more to blame for the goal than a misplayed pass.

Don't think the race is decided at all. Was Blackburn supposed to win at Old Trafford?

A week ago we thought the power was back. Now one bad result and one mediocre result and the sky is falling. Chin up.
2 bad results & 2 garbage performances

stavros said:
BlueCityfan said:
Tevez City said:
Of course, but Mancini is not willing to learn from his poor away record.

Look at Barcelona for example, they don't change their strongest 11 home or away.

Same thing for U*shited, they always field an attacking line up.

Usually we complain from teams who park the bus and not play football, while Swansea were up to it tonight and played an attacking football, so it was better for us to play more adventurous attacking line up.

Something like

AJ____ Yaya_____Nasri____Silva

______Mario_____Aguero______

No way would he have started with a line-up like that. We had Savic-Kolo at the back. He knew Savic would need extra protection. So he started both De Jong and Barry with Yaya. With Jolo and Kompany....maybe not.

should have played richards centre back.

been saying it months.

games are won and lost in both boxes.

centre half is a crucial crucial position, and savic , at the moment isnt up to it.

the spine of the team has to be solid. and savic clearly aint good enough.

may be in the future, who knows. not holding my breath though

We are playing against new promoted team and not Barcelona or Milan, so our CBs were good enough for them.

Mancini shouldn't protect Savic at the expense of the midfield, if he thinks that he isn't good enough then he should used Richards.

The funny thing is that Mancini started with attacking formation @ Old Trafford and Defensive formation @ Swansea !

watched the match today...and I didn't want to post anything earlier because the forum was in it's regular post-defeat meltdown mode so I hope things are calmer now so here it goes....

things that have already been said...you have no plan B, subs were wrong and late (2 of them) and one thing that I think is crucial...Mancini has been talking about rotation, resting players and what not...but that was the case in kolarov/clichy pairing richards/zaba and dzeko/balotelli to some extent...silva was not rested, nor was aguero, nor yaya or kompany (other than the ban he had for the red card)...so my opinion after all this is that some players are burning up...premiership has the most congested schedule and players, although top class players all of them, are not used to it, silva is either carrying a knock or just burning up, same with aguero, who has been close to invisible in the past few matches, dzeko has been bad overall (even though he scored some goals) yaya although consistent is starting to lose his stride, and apart from dzeko the mentioned players are key to city's play...and loosing them to injury, form drop or anything is not good...and I think that it is starting to happen now, at a crucial moment

and tactically, everyone knows what's to do, keep silva doubled, keep yaya too far away from your own half and that's pretty much it...no supply to the forwards...

I've calmed down now.

To be honest, whether we win the title this season or not we're still going to be a club next season and I'll cheer them on whatever. I do think we more or less lost the title today because I felt we had to stay above United to win it, but I still love City and I'll still be there every home game to cheer us on.

City have already done us all proud this season, I think we can agree on that one.

Well, having traipsed up and down the country all season (including today) all I've got to say is our team lacks the desire required of champions!
Simple as that!
It's no good having all the quality in the world if you can't put the extra mile in and push yourself and make a fist!

Time some of 'em learnt it takes more than ability to win this league!

Message to all: Roll yer fuckin sleeves up and put your foot in there and compete!
we'll not win owt if we don't!
Check opposition, and start learning...and that includes the manager!

Too many dropped points, we could have had this title wrapped up easily months ago... but we continued to blow it away and allow the rags to regain points.

Fulham away
Liverpool away
Chelsea away
West Brom away
Sunderland away
Everton away
Swansea away

Accept that Chelsea and Liverpool were not easy places to go to, but the rest shouldn't be such an issue. People keep saying "well it's alright as we got 10 games to go". I don't think people have looked at who those 10 games are against...

Chelsea at home - They won't roll over but we're certainly capable of winning that
Stoke away - Do we ever win there?
Sunderland home - Martin O'Neils side seem to be handing out a bashing to everyone at the moment.
Arsenal away - Don't expect anything there, Arsenal are just as desperate as us... they need top four and currently have Chelsea on their tails.
West Brom - Should win at home no problem
Norwich & Wolves away - Struggled at Fulham and West Brom... depends entirely on the team turning up on the day.
Rags at home - Big one, we have to win... there's no alternative really, they are unlikely to drop points elsewhere.
Newcastle away - Does anyone really want to go there? Like Stoke again.
QPR home - Should win, likely they will put up a big fight as they fight to avoid relegation and Mark Hughes will try turn in one of "those" games.

I'm just being realistic, on paper our squad looks great... but really there isn't much strength in depth. We rely heavily on Y.Toure, Joe Hart and as proven today... Silva and Kompany. If Silva is having a bad game, we don't create much. If Kompany doesn't play, well, just look what happened today.

Width! ...we have none...major fucking problem!!!
Should have been addressed previously as every sucessful team has it!!
We don't..one dimensional..easy to suss out...work-a-day players who don't mind putting a shift in susssed out a team worth 100X what theirs cost..!!!
No fucking excuse for that whatever way you look at it!

Yes ...I'm pissed off!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.