Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Too many dropped points, we could have had this title wrapped up easily months ago... but we continued to blow it away and allow the rags to regain points.

Fulham away
Liverpool away
Chelsea away
West Brom away
Sunderland away
Everton away
Swansea away

Accept that Chelsea and Liverpool were not easy places to go to, but the rest shouldn't be such an issue. People keep saying "well it's alright as we got 10 games to go". I don't think people have looked at who those 10 games are against...

Chelsea at home - They won't roll over but we're certainly capable of winning that
Stoke away - Do we ever win there?
Sunderland home - Martin O'Neils side seem to be handing out a bashing to everyone at the moment.
Arsenal away - Don't expect anything there, Arsenal are just as desperate as us... they need top four and currently have Chelsea on their tails.
West Brom - Should win at home no problem
Norwich & Wolves away - Struggled at Fulham and West Brom... depends entirely on the team turning up on the day.
Rags at home - Big one, we have to win... there's no alternative really, they are unlikely to drop points elsewhere.
Newcastle away - Does anyone really want to go there? Like Stoke again.
QPR home - Should win, likely they will put up a big fight as they fight to avoid relegation and Mark Hughes will try turn in one of "those" games.

I'm just being realistic, on paper our squad looks great... but really there isn't much strength in depth. We rely heavily on Y.Toure, Joe Hart and as proven today... Silva and Kompany. If Silva is having a bad game, we don't create much. If Kompany doesn't play, well, just look what happened today.

we were cheated out of all but one of those games,

Just got back. Absolutely cowardly performance. We didn't want it nearly as much as Swansea did.

Apart from Joe Hart, every other person associated with City today needs to ask the question whether they did enough. And I don't think they did. By a long way.

We were outplayed man for man in just about every position, they murdered us down the wings, and we were far too narrow, lacked pace, and most notably lacked width.

Their manager completely out-thought Mancini more than any other manager this season, and we got our tactics more wrong than probably any game this season.

Just a blip? I don't think so. I'm struggling to remember more than a couple of decent performances in the past thee months. And away from home we have been turgid since probably the rags game!

We bottled it last season when we should have won the Premiership, I hope the club don't bottle it again this season. Second is NOT good enough.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Too many dropped points, we could have had this title wrapped up easily months ago... but we continued to blow it away and allow the rags to regain points.

Fulham away
Liverpool away
Chelsea away
West Brom away
Sunderland away
Everton away
Swansea away

Accept that Chelsea and Liverpool were not easy places to go to, but the rest shouldn't be such an issue. People keep saying "well it's alright as we got 10 games to go". I don't think people have looked at who those 10 games are against...

Chelsea at home - They won't roll over but we're certainly capable of winning that
Stoke away - Do we ever win there?
Sunderland home - Martin O'Neils side seem to be handing out a bashing to everyone at the moment.
Arsenal away - Don't expect anything there, Arsenal are just as desperate as us... they need top four and currently have Chelsea on their tails.
West Brom - Should win at home no problem
Norwich & Wolves away - Struggled at Fulham and West Brom... depends entirely on the team turning up on the day.
Rags at home - Big one, we have to win... there's no alternative really, they are unlikely to drop points elsewhere.
Newcastle away - Does anyone really want to go there? Like Stoke again.
QPR home - Should win, likely they will put up a big fight as they fight to avoid relegation and Mark Hughes will try turn in one of "those" games.

I'm just being realistic, on paper our squad looks great... but really there isn't much strength in depth. We rely heavily on Y.Toure, Joe Hart and as proven today... Silva and Kompany. If Silva is having a bad game, we don't create much. If Kompany doesn't play, well, just look what happened today.

I fully expect us to be 5-7 pts behind the rags come derby day,we will beat them but still lose the league...Let's face reality here,there isn't a hope in hell of us winning all our remaining games. The rags will slip up once and that will be against us but by then it won't matter.

at the end of the day for me; united are not going to win 10 games in a row, no chance.

see i think it will do us good to chase for a while and let them feel a little pressure, we need more goals away thats for sure and would not mind some big wins at home because the goal difference is catching up.

in my opinion however; i think we can afford to lose 1 more game or draw 2, if we lose 2 games now or lose 1 game and draw one then its over for us i think. no matter what we must be aiming for 90+ points, anything in the 80's wont be good enough i think.

Soulboy said:
Just got back. Absolutely cowardly performance. We didn't want it nearly as much as Swansea did.

Apart from Joe Hart, every other person associated with City today needs to ask the question whether they did enough. And I don't think they did. By a long way.

We were outplayed man for man in just about every position, they murdered us down the wings, and we were far too narrow, lacked pace, and most notably lacked width.

Their manager completely out-thought Mancini more than any other manager this season, and we got our tactics more wrong than probably any game this season.

Just a blip? I don't think so. I'm struggling to remember more than a couple of decent performances in the past thee months. And away from home we have been turgid since probably the rags game!

We bottled it last season when we should have won the Premiership, I hope the club don't bottle it again this season. Second is NOT good enough.

Spot on our kid!
The early season form has gone to shit and its worrying as we havent looked as good for months..

Soulboy said:

Agree with your comments, good post. The performance was inept all game, saving a couple of minutes near the end where the players decided to show a bit of urgency, but it didnt last. First half of the season we were playing higher up the pitch, and zipping the ball about. We have reverted to playing deeper, and playing the ball almost in slow motion. That passage of play leading to their goal - what the fuck - it was ridiculous, Yaya to Savic to Yaya to Savic, to me to you to me. About 15 3 yard passes going nowhere. Disappointed in RM, he should have replaced DJ when he made that tactical switch - he was on a yellow so was hamstrung and is less creative than Barry.

I think we all set really high standards for Silva understandably and today he just did not perform. First time I have seen him misplace so many passes in a match.

Title race far from over blues, onwards and upwards

for me it's all about margins....you can play bad, get outplayed, not be at your best but its the margins that decide games.

We haven't played as well as we did for a while now so its a piss take when people said that theyve not played well but are only 2 points behind etc etc.

They played well, then went off the boil, then got it back together again...of sorts..... but crucially for one reason or another the margins worked for them....last minute goal at Norwich, goal against run of play at Tottenham, right before half time etc.....

We need a bit of luck at the moment and we aint getting it....

The attitude on this board stinks at times, they dont give the trophy out in March, they were 2 behind for ages, were 1 behind now, get a grip, things change... we can still do it, we'll still have to beat em and win the last 2 games, so theres little change in the overall picture IMHO....they'll not get beat again...Blackburn anyone....if it was a great rag team i'd be very worried, but they can easily lose games as we've seen.

I'm obviously seriously pissed about the shift in positions today and ive took some shite by text but i'm still positive....we've watched the too-ing and fro-ing from afar over the years and when we weren't in it I don't remember others giving in when there's a point in it.

In Bob I trust and we've got the players....belief and fight is whats needed otherwise we might as well give up....and that aint really an option is it.

Fuck em...lets tan Lisbion and go again....

Forza Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.