Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I find it unbelievable that Mancini keeps showing faith in him though at such a crucial stage of the season, I'd have thought that first half at Anfield would have made him realise that Savic isn't handling the pressure at all.
So who would you have played there then ? He can only play those that are fit.

Yaya Toure.

Use the entire width of the pitch ffs!

Mix things up a bit. Put some crosses into the box. What's the obsession with trying to thread the ball through the middle all the time? City aren't Barca. Stop pretending to be.

What's with the lack of urgency? To me, to you, to me, to you... Its bollocks...and with a few minutes to go. Seriously?!

Oh, and is there another team in Europe that takes as many short corners as City?

Utterly predictable

cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I find it unbelievable that Mancini keeps showing faith in him though at such a crucial stage of the season, I'd have thought that first half at Anfield would have made him realise that Savic isn't handling the pressure at all.

By and large he's been such a liability when he's played this season that I would have been prepared to play someone out of position at right back and move Richards into the centre. We should have addressed the situation in January anyway by either bringing in some cover or even bringing back Boyata from Bolton. For me Savic isn't handling things at all and continuing to throw him into huge games isn't doing anyone any favours especially the player himself. Imo by the end of this season his career at City will be finished because Mancini has continued to throw him into the deep end.

blemo said:
Use the entire width of the pitch ffs!

Mix things up a bit. Put some crosses into the box. What's the obsession with trying to thread the ball through the middle all the time? City aren't Barca. Stop pretending to be.

What's with the lack of urgency? To me, to you, to me, to you... Its bollocks...and with a few minutes to go. Seriously?!

Oh, and is there another team in Europe that takes as many short corners as City?

I agree with the sentiment here that we need to mix it up a little. Some of the amazing stuff we watched in the first half of the season came from switching the way we went at teams, quality balls in from the wings, intricate passing moves around the box, good set pieces.

I give Swansea all the credit in the world for the way they held us at bay yesterday, but we do seem to be lacking in ideas away from home which is a worry considering the riches we have at our disposal in the final third.

All is not lost though, bring on Chelsea.

Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
After finally seeing the goal, can't believe the stick for Savic?

About another 40 seconds of play elapses, players are quickly getting back in, Swansea do well to switch the play and it's a very good header.

I don't think people hold Savic entirely responsible but he has to take a fair portion of the blame for giving the ball away in those circumstances. I also don't think people would be giving him stick if it wasn't on the back of some terrible performances. For what it's worth, I don't think he should be given any grief at all as it isn't his fault that he is way out of his depth, I'm sure he's trying his best. I find it unbelievable that Mancini keeps showing faith in him though at such a crucial stage of the season, I'd have thought that first half at Anfield would have made him realise that Savic isn't handling the pressure at all.

The thing is the only other option yesterday was to play Richards in the middle with Milner at right back. Who knows how this would have turned out, only the crystal ball merchants. Then we would of gone into the game with Savic on the bench and two players out of their normal positions.

To blame Savic, solely for the goal is well over the top. The passage of play had gone on too long from his/Yayas original mistake. The amount of time the Swansea player had to put the cross in was shocking.

I get the feeling Mancini is managing resources just a bit too tightly.

Blue Maverick said:
What wold have been wrong with Richards in the middle, Clichy right back and Kolarove left?

Did you see Richards duck out of the way of the cross for their goal?

Clichy at right back doesn't work! Boyata and Ned shouldn't have been shipped out. Savic needs a lot more time before he's ready - espeially after all the knock backs he's had so far!

Damocles said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We have averaged one point per away game in the last 8.

Assuming we continue with that and win all our home games then we would finish on 86.

9/10 that would win the league but it wont this year.

We have to address our away form sharpish

Our away form is the second best in the league.
Hugely skewed by our early season form though
Need a root and branch overhaul of our playing style away from home, IMO. There's something seriously lacking at the moment.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Yaya Toure.
OK I'll bite, so who would we play in Yaya's position ? The Yaya we can't cope without in midfield.....

Mikecini said:
Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
After finally seeing the goal, can't believe the stick for Savic?

About another 40 seconds of play elapses, players are quickly getting back in, Swansea do well to switch the play and it's a very good header.

I don't think people hold Savic entirely responsible but he has to take a fair portion of the blame for giving the ball away in those circumstances. I also don't think people would be giving him stick if it wasn't on the back of some terrible performances. For what it's worth, I don't think he should be given any grief at all as it isn't his fault that he is way out of his depth, I'm sure he's trying his best. I find it unbelievable that Mancini keeps showing faith in him though at such a crucial stage of the season, I'd have thought that first half at Anfield would have made him realise that Savic isn't handling the pressure at all.

The thing is the only other option yesterday was to play Richards in the middle with Milner at right back. Who knows how this would have turned out, only the crystal ball merchants. Then we would of gone into the game with Savic on the bench and two players out of their normal positions.

To blame Savic, solely for the goal is well over the top. The passage of play had gone on too long from his/Yayas original mistake. The amount of time the Swansea player had to put the cross in was shocking.

I get the feeling Mancini is managing resources just a bit too tightly.

As I said, I agree it is harsh to hold Savic entirely responsible for the goal. Of course we will never know how things would have turned out if we'd played Milner or Clichy at right back and Richards in the middle but the one thing we do know and knew before the game is that Savic is currently out of his depth and is a disaster waiting to happen in more or less every match he starts. I don't claim to know a great deal about football but I texted my son yesterday with about 20 mins left and said I couldn't see us winning but we must hold what we have but that Savic was due his inevitable fuck up. Now the bottom line is he did fuck up and it did in part lead to the goal and it happens way too often and is way too predictable. And I'm really not interested in people saying that he played well against Spurs apart from the huge error, or that he did well yesterday until he conceded posiession and put us massively on the back foot or that he does well when we play teams that put us under no pressure at all. it means nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.