Swansea v City Post Match Thread

Is Dowd a rag? Some of those yellows were fucking outrageous. Zabbas was not even a foul for fucks sake.

Decent performance for us if not outstanding. We gave the ball away too much and were wasteful with our chances (again).

3 points is what matters though.

Garcia had a good game for once,Swansea were controlling the game until he came on.
Dowd is just unbelievable, no consistency whatsoever. A pull from Kompany was a yellow,Chico did the same thing minutes later and got away with it. Joke.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Garcia had a good game for once,Swansea were controlling the game until he came on.
Dowd is just unbelievable, no consistency whatsoever. A pull from Kompany was a yellow,Chico did the same thing minutes later and got away with it. Joke.

Cheating is what some might call It.

Eastlander said:
Great result today under very difficult conditions, against a team clearly capable of playing football.

There were some solid performances and a few ok ones, but again I thought Fern stood out, the man has some engine!

Again we started with 2 up front away from home, against a good team, and although the result is all that matters, what I cannot really understand is why we do this.

It has been written many times by many people, that their choice would be to play an additional MF instead of a striker on games like this, and I also believe that most managers would do this.

Pelle chooses to play 2 up front, which IMHO is very risky, and although it paid off today, it confuses me a little.

So my question is why, what is the rational ? Clearly there must be a very good reason, and as I have never played or coached at a high level, I am hoping some of the more knowledegable guys on this forum can educate me and explain the tactic.

This is not a criticism of Pelle, I would just like to understand better and get others opinions.

I'm not a big fan of playing 2 up front away but can understand it if Aguero is playing, I just don't like the Dzeko-Negredo "partnership". It suits Edin fine, he gets to play his normal game with support from Negredo. But Negredo just isn't suited to playing second striker.

Chippy_boy said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Cheating is what some might call It.

i really am not one of these agenda people and dont think refs are bent and stuff like that but Dowd was terrible today really bad, halfway line player facing his own goal Kompany pulls his shirt his his first foul was it ? and he books him

Eastlander said:
Great result today under very difficult conditions, against a team clearly capable of playing football.

There were some solid performances and a few ok ones, but again I thought Fern stood out, the man has some engine!

Again we started with 2 up front away from home, against a good team, and although the result is all that matters, what I cannot really understand is why we do this.

It has been written many times by many people, that their choice would be to play an additional MF instead of a striker on games like this, and I also believe that most managers would do this.

Pelle chooses to play 2 up front, which IMHO is very risky, and although it paid off today, it confuses me a little.

So my question is why, what is the rational ? Clearly there must be a very good reason, and as I have never played or coached at a high level, I am hoping some of the more knowledegable guys on this forum can educate me and explain the tactic.

This is not a criticism of Pelle, I would just like to understand better and get others opinions.
Yeh, I'm with you on that. It makes more sense if you have Negredo/Dzeko partnering Aguero/Jovetic but playing two of the same kind (not sure how Aguero/Jovetic would work though, haven't seen that) doesn't work for me. Really don't understand Pellegrini's thinking, but hey, as long as this recent form keeps up, I won't be complaining.

A good win, awful conditions to play in, but the pitch held up well considering. Swansea played well, and if they play like that, not many will win there. 3 good goals for us, their second was a great goal, the first badly offside.

Hart 7

Zab 8
Kompany 8
Nastasic 7
Kolorov 7

Nasri 8
Yaya 8
Fernandihno 9
Navas 8

Negredo 5
Dzeko 6

Garcia 7
Milner 7
Rodwell not on long enough, but good to see him back

Eastlander said:

im with you as i would go 4-5-1 with no Aquero, and have Negredo on his own, if Aquero fit mid to lower league teams i would go 4-4-2 at home, top sides even at home i would go 4-5-1, but he's gone 4-4-2 v United Spurs and Arsenal and i cant argue with those results can i ? i was delighted when i found out the team v Liverpool and that worked also so who knows ? i just feel with a MF with YaYa Silva Nasri and Navas with fern in there also we have got enough creativity and goals to just play 1 up top and stop ever being over run in MF at the same time, i think it comes down to Pelle rates and trusts Dzeko more than i do

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Some very poor performances today, but a great 3 points.

Nasri and kolorov were awful, particularly first half. Their wide men couldn't believe their luck on that side. They just kept running past them.
The amount of times the front two miss controlled it was unreal. Negredo worst game by far. Better play by them and we could have had half a dozen.

The midfield, like at Sunderland, missed silva dreadfully, wouldn't take responsibility and kept taking the safe option. We were better when yaya went into the hole.

But even given all that, we deserved to win and I'm delighted we did. Those players (kolorov aside) won't play as poorly as that very often.

Navas and kompany played well, but Without Kun and silva, all that matters is the points. We are currently picking up wins with absences and without being at our best. We will get better.

Rather harsh that DD, given the conditions and the amount of games

I'm commenting rather than criticising, mate. I felt we were comfortably the better side and if our attackers had been at it we would have been out of sight before half time. They had a reasonable spell before our second but after that there was only one team in it and 3-2 flattered them.

I'm delighted that we are suddenly winning games without hitting top gear, and with major absentees. The early season run of bad luck is over and our best is yet to come.

Harsh comments then and describing Nasri as awful is extreme. No he didn't offer much protection to Kolarov at times but he was a useful presence inside so I'd say it was a case of you can't have everything given the team's formations.

Just got home. Bloody treacherous drive home!

Wasn't a good performance by either side, and wasn't a particularly good game at all even though it was 2-3. Nobody really had a great game, nobody really had a bad game. Two good passing sides and neither side's passing was particularly good. We took the leads and sat back and it made it a scruffy game. No fluency to either side's play.

I thought the two up front showed, again, no understanding of each other at all. Hey don't work well as a pair whatsoever. We were outnumbered, again, in midfield until García came on. Fortunately Swansea were as average as us and didn't make their dominance in numbers and possession in a few spells pay. Better teams would have.

Was a subdued atmosphere, loads were sat down. Must have been a few hangovers.

A strange day to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.