Swansea v City Post Match Thread

Frustrating that we sometimes seem to drop a couple of gears after we score away from home BUT another 3 points is all that matters. I'd have taken our current position (in all competitions) at the start of the season as we can really push on now the busy period is over. It's gonna be a 2014 to remember blues.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Rather harsh that DD, given the conditions and the amount of games

I'm commenting rather than criticising, mate. I felt we were comfortably the better side and if our attackers had been at it we would have been out of sight before half time. They had a reasonable spell before our second but after that there was only one team in it and 3-2 flattered them.

I'm delighted that we are suddenly winning games without hitting top gear, and with major absentees. The early season run of bad luck is over and our best is yet to come.

Harsh comments then and describing Nasri as awful is extreme. No he didn't offer much protection to Kolarov at times but he was a useful presence inside so I'd say it was a case of you can't have everything given the team's formations.

I just felt he was pretty poor, ob1, in the main. As you say, he kept letting people run past him and at kolorov, but I also felt he looked for the safe option all the time instead of passing into dangerous areas. Yaya was just as culpable- it was like Sunderland where we kept going square or backwards in Silva's absense. Both got better as the game went on and space opened up in their half, so maybe 'awful' was harsh.

I'm just trying to say that we were the better team despite a number of poor performances from attacking players. Negredo was another, and dzeko not much better. Navas was superb, though. Not only is he a threat, but he wins us a load of corners, and we are really dangerous from them. And he hassles back superbly.

Before the game I wanted us to play Milner instead of dzeko in a 451.i think pellars was probably thinking at 1 up if we get another il change it at 0-2 and take negredo off as he was off form today.but that goal right on half time changed the whole complextion going into the second half.we had to win this game so it became shit or bust IMO and think he kept the two upfront to try and get another.once infront again he took of negredo.i think pellagrini deserves alot of credit today.also navas is hitting top form which is great to see

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Just got back, knackering day, Sky are bastards for putting us on then, Premier League bastards for thinking Swansea on NYD is anything but unacceptable.

Wasn't a great performance but it seemed a bit better than Palace from the stand, Kolarov was poor and Nasri was pretty anonymous, as was Yaya till he got moved further forward. Negredo had a poor game as well but Dzeko looked pretty good for most of it.

Away end was hampered by a) the walkway between the two sections meaning songs didn't really take off, b) the kick off time and day and c) the god awful weather, horrible, horrible journey back, saw an overturned car on the M5 which looked horrid and it's a relief to be home as much as anything.

That's an equivalent to York away kudos imho, brilliant effort by the Blues who went to get there and hopefully everyone makes it home.

Ditto knackered .... agree atmosphere was a bit subdued. The rain when we left the stadium was unreal, I guess everyone was soaked driving back. Hope everyone got home safe . I thought it was a very professional performance, I must admit when they pulled back to 1:1 I was worried about the second half. Fair play to the blues we kept our shape and pressed them to deliver the result. Will post videos from today later. Managed to get Fern's and Yaya goals but missed Alex ........... I was distracted by his run and his right foot finish. Hats off to everyone who went today, although I am not sure I agree it had the kudos of York.

Blackcrowes said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Just got back, knackering day, Sky are bastards for putting us on then, Premier League bastards for thinking Swansea on NYD is anything but unacceptable.

Wasn't a great performance but it seemed a bit better than Palace from the stand, Kolarov was poor and Nasri was pretty anonymous, as was Yaya till he got moved further forward. Negredo had a poor game as well but Dzeko looked pretty good for most of it.

Away end was hampered by a) the walkway between the two sections meaning songs didn't really take off, b) the kick off time and day and c) the god awful weather, horrible, horrible journey back, saw an overturned car on the M5 which looked horrid and it's a relief to be home as much as anything.

That's an equivalent to York away kudos imho, brilliant effort by the Blues who went to get there and hopefully everyone makes it home.

Ditto knackered .... agree atmosphere was a bit subdued. The rain when we left the stadium was unreal, I guess everyone was soaked driving back. Hope everyone got home safe . I thought it was a very professional performance, I must admit when they pulled back to 1:1 I was worried about the second half. Fair play to the blues we kept our shape and pressed them to deliver the result. Will post videos from today later. Managed to get Fern's and Yaya goals but missed Alex ........... I was distracted by his run and his right foot finish. Hats off to everyone who went today, although I am not sure I agree it had the kudos of York.

it's the Premier League equivalent, naturally it won't be the same because of our club's position, but sheer commitment on the day it probably beats it in that regard.

Just got home, only took 5 hours. How bad was that rain on the motorway, must have seen about 5/6 cars flipped over, banged up on the way home.

allan harper said:
Just got home, only took 5 hours. How bad was that rain on the motorway, must have seen about 5/6 cars flipped over, banged up on the way home.

Agreed ... last time I remember the rain so bad driving back was Chelsea away on a Monday night a few years ago..

3 points is 3 points.

I'm still not a fan of 4-4-2 and especially with Dzeko & Negredo starting together. I had a feeling of foreboding when I saw the line-up, but we pulled it off & that's what matters.

I was glad when when we went to 4-2-3-1 and thought the decision to take Negredo off was the right one. He did better in the 2nd half for the time he was on, but I thought he was mostly anonymous in the 1st half.

over all we did what we needed to do.

Not our best performance of the season but got the job done. Been home from the game for 3 hours and I'm still soaked!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.