Swansea V City post match thread

I think Swansea played great today, like their performance was above their standards.... Not watched Swansea this season but based on what I saw of them today I can't see them finishing below 8th, people don't really take interest because they're not top 6, but they played some really good football, best I've seen from any opponent so far this season!
They made it really difficult for us, passed the ball through some difficult spaces, made some space for themselves, closed us down really well and made us struggle off the ball!

I thought we didn't do too much wrong to be honest except for possibly Silva and Gudogen had some sub-par moments. Our shape looked a lot different to those of the previous 9 games, and I think we missed Nolito on the left... Playing Silva on the wing doesn't make us as effective as normal, as you want your creativity coming through the middle, also you want some pace or at least a natural winger on the left, Silva is none of these.....

I thought van der Hoorn could have possibly been sent off? An elbow to the face of Kev but the ref indicated he saw it as his arm? Not sure how one warrants a sending off and the other doesn't? But we got the penalty and stuck to our game plan.

Pep looked really calm at 1-1 which I felt was strange but as soon as it was 2-1 he was barking orders to everyone! I suppose he had the belief in the players to get back into the game, and we did just that.

Overall I thought we played very good to our standards, but Swansea played great, and I think they should get some praise for the way that they played today.

I don't know if Pep is the best of the world yet but compare to our previous managers Pep seems to always get it right when changing plan during second half.

Good to get our customary shaky performance out of the way and still get a win, we'll need to be a lot better than that against Spurs next week. Don't think we can play with Silva/KDB/Gundogan all on the pitch at the same time to our potential although we did play well in the second half when Kev went central and stayed there. Sterling or Dinho MOTM. Hope Kev is alright, although to be fair I think it was precautionary, he'd taken a couple of heavy shots to the head and torso and was probably just bruised and stiffening up. 10/10 :) Bring on the soapdodgers!
Spot on. Missed Nolito on the left and the team looked unbalanced for much of the game.

Got there in the end. We lacked control at times but we should have had 7 or 8 really. Some awful touches, decisions and finishing in the final third.

Sterling had last seasons boots on for most of the game but his goal was absolutely sublime. Sent the defender for a hotdog and finished brilliantly.

Thought Kolarov was good again. Bravo looked much better too. Great result regardless of how frustrating we were at times.

so many chances, bent ref as usually swans were up for this big time, but its a win,, we cant win every game at a canter, sloppiness from start to finish, but its 3 points under our belt, time to move on

Player runs across Clichy who unavoidably clips his heels - yellow card.
Similar thing with Kolorov - yellow card.
Fernandinho protests about dangerous tackle - yellow card.
Sterling celebrates - yellow card.

The referee was a tosser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.