SWP on left, Petrov on right, sub a sub = Tactically inept

Brendan110_0 said:
Considering MH came under so much criticism what's the excuse now?........hope the change of manager doesn't cost us on Tuesday, not looking forward to it now :(

sorry but fuck off.

His game plan was obviously to have a target man upfront and have Tevez play off RSC, with bellers and petrov running down the lines to get behind everton.

So it really surprised me when he didn't just bring on benjani when RSC went off injured. How he thought Robbie was going to hold the ball up is beyond me. We wouldn't of had to change our plan and lets face it we couldn't have done any worse!

Just to remind people it was Mark Hughes that gave us the team we've got, Mark Hughes that got us to the semi-final and I've no doubt, given the fixtures over Christmas, we'd be pretty much in the same position we are now if he was still manager. It's not unusual to get better performances out of players for the first three or four games with a new manager.

BUT WITH THAT SAID, I think Roberto is a great manager and like I said with Mark Hughes, he will need a little time. Especially to adapt to the PL and it's up's and down's. Despite the dissapointment yesterday, I feel he is really going to excel over this and next season.

we are not going to win every game ,everton away no matter what or when is a tough game for ANY team,they just did what they do best and muscled us out of the game,as far as tactics im sure its going to take mancini time to find out who,s up for the fight and he saw last night who is,nt, robinho will never make it in the premier league he,s a 5 aside player (no tackles involved)petrov the same,Im not saying they are shit players but this was definitely not a game they should have played in,saying that, everton well deserved to win and playing like that will not lose many games.... there ground is still shit though..roll on tuesday

blueinbolton77 said:
Just to remind people it was Mark Hughes that gave us the team we've got, Mark Hughes that got us to the semi-final and I've no doubt, given the fixtures over Christmas, we'd be pretty much in the same position we are now if he was still manager. It's not unusual to get better performances out of players for the first three or four games with a new manager.

BUT WITH THAT SAID, I think Roberto is a great manager and like I said with Mark Hughes, he will need a little time. Especially to adapt to the PL and it's up's and down's. Despite the dissapointment yesterday, I feel he is really going to excel over this and next season.

That's a helluva an assumption to make given that Hughes team as you put it couldn't even beat Burnley, Fulham or Hull at home and they were playing poorly, conceding goals for fun. Yes we didn't lose many under Hughes but after a brief good start we didn't win many either. Yesterday was a setback for Bobby but lets see how he responds to it. I feel we'll see a different side against United and that'll be the difference. Mancini know what it takes to get to the top level as a manager something Hughes never could nor will.

what is this thing where play 4 -2 -4 -especially goodison away at their cupfinal? got to be joking. No way bellamy and petrov can be regarded as midfielders. De Jong and Barry were just swamped, allowing Fellaini to stroll around like he owned the place. defence is horribly exposed, and very little thro ball reaches our massed rank of strikers.

CityPar said:
blueinbolton77 said:

That's a helluva an assumption to make given that Hughes team as you put it couldn't even beat Burnley, Fulham or Hull at home and they were playing poorly, conceding goals for fun. Yes we didn't lose many under Hughes but after a brief good start we didn't win many either. Yesterday was a setback for Bobby but lets see how he responds to it. I feel we'll see a different side against United and that'll be the difference. Mancini know what it takes to get to the top level as a manager something Hughes never could nor will.

Not sure you read all my post, or just couldn't get yourself past the Mark Hughes paragraph, we're all making assumptions when we post opinions, you have yourself at the end of your reply.

There have been lots of successful European managers who haven't cut it in the PL by the way. Anyway, I believe Mark Hughes would have got us to the Carling cup final at least. And that's something he has done before. I've no doubt Roberto Mancini will as well, and Roberto will get the same 100% support from me win or lose, as Mark Hughes did.

CityPar said:
blueinbolton77 said:

You've just done what you've accused him of doing,better managers than Mancini have failed in our league & he certainly DOES NOT know what it takes to win in this league,he will need a lot of help & i hope Kidd hasn't spat his dummy out over his treatment.
Hate Hughes by all means but this guy has already said he needs time so he's not foolish enough to think his good run wouldn't end.

Melon said:
His game plan was obviously to have a target man upfront and have Tevez play off RSC, with bellers and petrov running down the lines to get behind everton.

So it really surprised me when he didn't just bring on benjani when RSC went off injured. How he thought Robbie was going to hold the ball up is beyond me. We wouldn't of had to change our plan and lets face it we couldn't have done any worse!

I agree, that was a mistake. No idea why he did that, or why he didn't put it right quickly.

By the time he did it was too late.

All managers make mistakes and I'm sure he's learned more about his team now.

bluemanc said:
CityPar said:
You've just done what you've accused him of doing,better managers than Mancini have failed in our league & he certainly DOES NOT know what it takes to win in this league,he will need a lot of help & i hope Kidd hasn't spat his dummy out over his treatment.
Hate Hughes by all means but this guy has already said he needs time so he's not foolish enough to think his good run wouldn't end.

Now who's making the assumptions? Where did I say I hated Hughes? Just don't think he was as great as a few seem determined to make out. The stats do show he lost few but he didn't win many of late either and we we're defensively awful with players he bought. Be sure I'll have a pop at Bobby Manc should he do the same but for now he has my support and IMO given time he'll prove his worth more than Hughes. That said I thank Hughes for giving us a platform to move onto where we want to be.....the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.