SWP thread

SSN Yellow Ticker: QPR to sign Shaun Wright Phillips on a perminent deal

Thank youn Sweep and good luck. Would have loved you to stay here your entire career. You will Always have a place in our hearts

Am i the only person who isn't sad that SWP might be leaving us. I don't think hes good enough to be in that squad for the position he plays. I don't think he was the same player that he was before he went to Chelsea and im sorry but sentiment isn't enough to keep some one at the club.

Good luck SWP - so pleased when you came back but somehow it wasn't the same second time around. Wish you all the best and you'll be guaranteed a great reception at the Etihad.

All good things come to an end.

For a couple of seasons he carried City on his shoulders, but for the past couple of seasons we have carried him.

One of the best players I have ever seen at City... and some of his goals would have made Messi and Maradona blush!

Anyone go to Wolves for that pre-season friendly? Shaunny ran the length of the pitch to score a goal and even the Wolves fans applauded him.

Gone but NEVER forgotten.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/12/roberto-mancini-shaun-wright-phillips" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... t-phillips</a>.

oh what short memories from last season ,now whos getting mugged off .see ya .

Roberto Mancini, the Manchester City manager, has expressed his disappointment with Shaun Wright-Phillips's decision to go public with his grievances about the club's reluctance to give him the £25m contract that he wants.

Wright-Phillips, who will have two years remaining on his £60,000-a-week deal at the end of the season, has turned down City's offer of a year-long extension and a pay rise to £70,000-a-week. The England international has asked for a five‑year contract with a weekly salary closer to £100,000 and City's refusal to accept those demands led to him criticising them in a specially arranged interview with The Sun last week, breaking a club rule that players should speak to the media only with prior permission.

treasureox_MCFC said:
Hydemcfc said:
Good luck sweep,your efforts for our club will not be forgotten.

I was sure after his pre season games that he would remain even if not in the squad each week.... Good luck to him
His attitude and simple desire to stay and compete for a place, made me think he would stay. He is a good player and we may need him this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.