Sympathy applause

Don’t want to sound unsympathetic but...anyone else getting a little bit tired of people trying to get the crowd to applaud at particular times after the passing of members of the family/friends. It appears to me this is happening almost every week. I thought the club has a particular day of the year where fans who have passed are remembered, last home game of the year? Why must we do it during games? Am I being unsympathetic?

All loss is tragic to the family and, for me, very personal. Don’t want to upset people on here if this is very close to you as I am sure it is very raw for you. Should we be doing every game?
This

Football as an industry is held up as the moral compass of the nation for some reason, I doubt the lads and lasses at the stock exchange do a minutes silence and have black armbands on nearly every other week. We have rainbow laces respect badges kick racism out of football ( All very worthy causes of course) but where is the front and centre promotion of these ideals in every other industry?The huge sponsorship togger gets from betting companies and has had in the past from booze and cig companies tells you it's all about the WONGA not the morality.

I always find it rather weird when I’m expected to join in with some clapping and haven’t got the foggiest what or who I’m clapping for.

I find clapping people who have died a bit odd anyway. It was like last week when they announced a minute silence for the Leicester chairman and everyone started clapping when his picture came up.

I find clapping people who have died a bit odd anyway. It was like last week when they announced a minute silence for the Leicester chairman and everyone started clapping when his picture came up.
That started when people couldn’t be trusted to keep quiet during the minute’s silence, I agree it’s a bit odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.