Tactical genius

hgblue said:
I can't understand why people struggle so much with the concept that you can be critical of a manager and still rate that manager very highly. It's not so difficult to grasp is it?

You're right. It's all about perceptions and opinions.

I was a kid in 1968 when City won the league. City were just about the best team in England during that period, and one of the best in Europe. Just three years earlier City were in the second division.

Happy days? For most of us, yes.

But even back then there was a sizeable minority called the "Main Stand Moaners" who were legendary for being ultra-critical of the team and club... Book... "too old"... Young... "too soft"... Coleman... "troublemaker"...

So in over 40 years we've have retained that freedom of speech and critical nous that has held us in such esteem over the years.

If people want to criticise while we're the champions of England, that's their choice... and if people now want to criticise while we are sat in our best league position in 30 years, that too is their choice.

I just prefer enjoying the moment. I was one of City's ultra-critical fans over these past dozen years... but now I'm surprisingly happy with my lot, and so now enjoy days out at Burnley and such like.

Nothing is ever perfect, so there is always ample opportunity to criticise, if that is your bag. We're all different.

I love Mancini, others don't. I hated Hughes, others didn't.

Que sera sera.

hgblue said:
I can't understand why people struggle so much with the concept that you can be critical of a manager and still rate that manager very highly. It's not so difficult to grasp is it?
I'm fucked if i can grasp it,why the fuck would Kidd NOT be helping Mancini ???
I think the original post was infact the wind up to provoke posters.
He seems to think Mancini has found a position for Tevez that he has never played before for City.
I was more impressed with the switching of positions by our front 4,i thought Bellers goal showed this by the way he came in from wide took the ball off Ade's foot & buried it......Tevez did a similar thing against Wigan funnily enough.
Sorry if talking football doesn't fit into the manager/ex-manager arguement but tough.

bluemanc said:
hgblue said:
He seems to think Mancini has found a position for Tevez that he has never played before for City.
I was more impressed with the switching of positions by our front 4,i thought Bellers goal showed this by the way he came in from wide took the ball off Ade's foot & buried it......Tevez did a similar thing against Wigan funnily enough.
Sorry if talking football doesn't fit into the manager/ex-manager arguement but tough.

Shit, you've sussed me!

I'm off before anyone else notices...

squirtyflower said:
Soulboy said:
I hated Hughes

Que sera sera.

Why have you highlighted it?

I'm sure most on here can read.

Or is there something you want to say?

I "hated" Hughes 'cos he simply wasn't good enough.

I "love" Mancini, 'cos he's a top-notch manager.

I actually don't love or hate either of them... it's called poetic licence.

Soulboy said:
bluemanc said:

Shit, you've sussed me!

Stop it then :)
Remember our last manager that was called a tactical genius.
alan-ball-snr-16210.jpg

Good song though,we should have an Oasis song for Mancini he does like them after all.

bluemanc said:
Soulboy said:
Shit, you've sussed me!

Stop it then :)
Remember our last manager that was called a tactical genius.
alan-ball-snr-16210.jpg

Good song though,we should have an Oasis song for Mancini he does like them after all.

Eeh, I remember that game at Villa Park, I belted out the "'cos after all we've got alan ball" till I'd lost my voice.

Won 1-0 that day, we all thought we'd be safe... still got relegated!

At least Mancini won't do that to us!

But thanks for the memories mate!

I think that again Mancini has proved himself to be a far better manager than Hughes with his choice of assistant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.