Tactical genius

de niro said:
robbieh said:
Surely Soulboy you know that this type of post will just goad de Niro and his ilk to respond with negative coments about a manager you obviously like.

Is it worth it?

do you think i enjoyed traipsing round the country to see abject dispays and team formations?
its called being honest, bob has took too long (for a genius) to sort this out in my eyes.
the rest of the prem must have been rubbing their hands to play us while bob found his brain.

"rubbing their hands"?

Really?

As in Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Chelsea, Fulham, Portsmouth, Stoke and Wigan, yes they loved having their arses kicked.

if want me to ignore the bullshit posted on here you are going to be very dissapointed.

squirtyflower said:
Skashion said:
What do you mean? What did you say that in response to?
tbh, not too sure
what was the comment about being on a rags forum?

That a comment coming from such ignorance i.e. not knowing who Brian Kidd is, belongs on a rag forum like one rag who said, 'Lou Macari or whoever he is', on 606.

I don't remember Brian Kidd playing for us and scoring lots of goals because I'm only 22 but I am well aware of it from reading my miniature library of books on City's history.

Soulboy said:
hgblue said:
I can't understand why people struggle so much with the concept that you can be critical of a manager and still rate that manager very highly. It's not so difficult to grasp is it?

You're right. It's all about perceptions and opinions.

I was a kid in 1968 when City won the league. City were just about the best team in England during that period, and one of the best in Europe. Just three years earlier City were in the second division.

Happy days? For most of us, yes.

But even back then there was a sizeable minority called the "Main Stand Moaners" who were legendary for being ultra-critical of the team and club... Book... "too old"... Young... "too soft"... Coleman... "troublemaker"...

So in over 40 years we've have retained that freedom of speech and critical nous that has held us in such esteem over the years.

If people want to criticise while we're the champions of England, that's their choice... and if people now want to criticise while we are sat in our best league position in 30 years, that too is their choice.

I just prefer enjoying the moment. I was one of City's ultra-critical fans over these past dozen years... but now I'm surprisingly happy with my lot, and so now enjoy days out at Burnley and such like.

Nothing is ever perfect, so there is always ample opportunity to criticise, if that is your bag. We're all different.

I love Mancini, others don't. I hated Hughes, others didn't.

Que sera sera.

We must be of similar age Soulboy and like you i remember the Main Stand moaners and really hated it when i ended up there rather than the Platt Lane (most games) or the Kippax (when i went without my uncle!)

And although i never really joined the ultra-negative club down the years, there have been plenty so the membership to their club was likely pretty full..... :-)

Always remember criticism of David White, Stevie Redmond and even (Gawd forbid!) a certain Paul Lake for being to fecking soft can you believe!! So plenty of people are always of the 1/2-empty brigade whereas i try to be a 1/2-full sort of guy.............supporting City through 'thin & thin' all these years, this sort of attitude has helped :-) !!

So, roll on those glory years and understand that the negatives will never leave, nor should they, as it takes all sorts! Its the 'johny-come-lately' types and the plastic's that i personally will be sad to see arrive but then again, bring them on......... as that will prove that we are have indeed arrived on the big-time stage!!

Looking forward - not back Blue...........exiled here in darkest Georgia!!

Bigga said:
de niro said:
do you think i enjoyed traipsing round the country to see abject dispays and team formations?
its called being honest, bob has took too long (for a genius) to sort this out in my eyes.
the rest of the prem must have been rubbing their hands to play us while bob found his brain.

if want me to ignore the bullshit posted on here you are going to be very dissapointed.

I'm a bit shocked, Bill, to be honest that you harbour such views about Mancini!

Let's be honest, there have been many factors leading to this point.

Firstly, it's not Mancini's squad. A fact that he has wringed his hands about, unlike someone else we all know, and has not bleated on about needing to buy players that will 'play for him'. He's got on with it. Which is even more a sleight on the last man.

Secondly, when a squad is not yours, it takes time to work out who is best where, even if it seems obvious to the brilliant managers on this board. Players may show things in training that is tried out on match day, position-wise. Bob has to trial and error to take this into account.

Thirdly, the comments about Tevez playing as a deep lying striker would be fair game... IF we'd have had the correct strikers to work off all season. Mancini has not had Ade nor Roque for a consistent amount of time for this to bear fruit.

So, please, all you Ankle Biters, please think before you post.

Quite possibly the best post i have ever read on Bluemoon

squirtyflower said:
Pita said:
Do you actually know who is Mancini and what the guy represent for Italian football??? Who is Kidd?? What does he know about football, what did he win so far??? Please De Niro, have few more beers and enjoy this bank holiday
now you have shown yourself up
what do you know of manchester or of english football?

I am not disputing the fact the Kidd has been important as player for City and Manchester.
But you can't compare Kidd and Mancini careers as managers! Kidd has been always an assistant! Manchester city is improving because Roberto has found the key! Like he did at Inter and Fiorentina in the past! Without Kidd

Pita said:
squirtyflower said:
now you have shown yourself up
what do you know of manchester or of english football?

I am not disputing the fact the Kidd has been important as player for City and Manchester.
But you can't compare Kidd and Mancini careers as managers! Kidd has been always an assistant! Manchester city is improving because Roberto has found the key! Like he did at Inter and Fiorentina in the past! Without Kidd
This could get messy.

bluemanc said:
Pita said:
This could get messy.
you know what
i can't be arsed
the kid's got the wrong end of the stick, doesn't know that kiddo has a european cup winners medal along with other medals and has been a successful assistant manager just outside of manchester

to top it all though it was all a piss take to start off with

squirtyflower said:
bluemanc said:
This could get messy.
you know what
i can't be arsed
the kid's got the wrong end of the stick, doesn't know that kiddo has a european cup winners medal along with other medals and has been a successful assistant manager just outside of manchester

to top it all though it was all a piss take to start off with

I know my man, I know everything! Still an assistant! Excellent...but assist
I am sure he is helping Mancini, but stating that the improvment is due to Kidd is too much for me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.