Tactical genius

de niro said:
robbieh said:
Surely Soulboy you know that this type of post will just goad de Niro and his ilk to respond with negative coments about a manager you obviously like.

Is it worth it?

do you think i enjoyed traipsing round the country to see abject dispays and team formations?
its called being honest, bob has took too long (for a genius) to sort this out in my eyes.
the rest of the prem must have been rubbing their hands to play us while bob found his brain.

if want me to ignore the bullshit posted on here you are going to be very dissapointed.

I'm a bit shocked, Bill, to be honest that you harbour such views about Mancini!

Let's be honest, there have been many factors leading to this point.

Firstly, it's not Mancini's squad. A fact that he has wringed his hands about, unlike someone else we all know, and has not bleated on about needing to buy players that will 'play for him'. He's got on with it. Which is even more a sleight on the last man.

Secondly, when a squad is not yours, it takes time to work out who is best where, even if it seems obvious to the brilliant managers on this board. Players may show things in training that is tried out on match day, position-wise. Bob has to trial and error to take this into account.

Thirdly, the comments about Tevez playing as a deep lying striker would be fair game... IF we'd have had the correct strikers to work off all season. Mancini has not had Ade nor Roque for a consistent amount of time for this to bear fruit.

So, please, all you Ankle Biters, please think before you post.

de niro said:
robbieh said:
Well at least Mancini has a brain unlike the last incumbent of the job.

oh here we go, hughes played miles better football than mancini, i want to be entertained and win if poss, bob with his fear, his dour boring football has cost us points, fact, and beaten in both cups, we were dreadful v stoke and should have finished utd off at our place.
i want bob to do well but this vendetta you all had against hughes is getting boring.
bob can do no wrong in your eyes, well sorry to break it to you he already has, a number of times.

our league position,stats, points are all against you! so why don't you mention one"fact" in you favour instead of the usual 'Mancini's style is boring" shit?

de niro said:
bluefandk said:
I thought Mancini got it absolutely spot on yesterday.

Will the haters ever give any credit to Mancini?

Of course not.

exactly so why wait till now?

So what you're saying is that it took Mancini 3 months to get it sorted... and it took Hughes 18 months and still didn't get it sorted.

I used to think you were a City fan that was happy with winning, but your obsession with Hughes is clouding your judgement.. and loyalties.

But that's your choice. I'll just enjoy the fact that we are doing so well, playing so well, and scoring by the bucketload.

Join us mate, you're missing having a great time!

de niro said:
bluefandk said:
I thought Mancini got it absolutely spot on yesterday.

Will the haters ever give any credit to Mancini?

Of course not.

exactly so why wait till now?

Any maneger needs time to get it right, plus we have struggled with injuries and suspensions, the points tally since Mancini took over is impressive even if the football has not always been, I firmly believe that Mancini given time will win us trophies, he is a proven winner.

Bigga said:
de niro said:
do you think i enjoyed traipsing round the country to see abject dispays and team formations?
its called being honest, bob has took too long (for a genius) to sort this out in my eyes.
the rest of the prem must have been rubbing their hands to play us while bob found his brain.

if want me to ignore the bullshit posted on here you are going to be very dissapointed.

I'm a bit shocked, Bill, to be honest that you harbour such views about Mancini!

Let's be honest, there have been many factors leading to this point.

Firstly, it's not Mancini's squad. A fact that he has wringed his hands about, unlike someone else we all know, and has not bleated on about needing to buy players that will 'play for him'. He's got on with it. Which is even more a sleight on the last man.

Secondly, when a squad is not yours, it takes time to work out who is best where, even if it seems obvious to the brilliant managers on this board. Players may show things in training that is tried out on match day, position-wise. Bob has to trial and error to take this into account.

Thirdly, the comments about Tevez playing as a deep lying striker would be fair game... IF we'd have had the correct strikers to work off all season. Mancini has not had Ade nor Roque for a consistent amount of time for this to bear fruit.

So, please, all you Ankle Biters, please think before you post.
Adebayor is the ideal front-runner to take advantage of Tevez's little through balls, but not sure that's Santa-Cruz's strength. Agree with the rest of your post

de niro said:
robbieh said:

oh here we go, hughes played miles better football than mancini, i want to be entertained and win if poss, bob with his fear, his dour boring football has cost us points, fact, and beaten in both cups, we were dreadful v stoke and should have finished utd off at our place.
i want bob to do well but this vendetta you all had against hughes is getting boring.
bob can do no wrong in your eyes, well sorry to break it to you he already has, a number of times.

Complete fallacy. After 18 months of Hughes and defeats against Forest and Brighton in the cup. Embarrassing performances against Pharoe Island teams, not to mention West Brom. Pathetic capitulations to Fulham at home twice.
And he never beat United.

So the Hull result pissed you off. And maybe you weren't happy with Stoke away. A team that has given many sides trouble.

However having compared the games Mancini has played with the reverse fixtures under Hughes this year.

Wolves W W
Blackburn W W
Portsmouth W W
Hull L D
Bolton W D
Liverpool D D
Chelsea W W
Fulham W D
Sunderland D W
Wigan W D
Burnley W D

Mancini 11 played 8 wins 2 draws 1 loss 28 goals scored 8 conceded 26 points
Hughes 11 played 5 wins 6 draws 0 losses 22 goals 16 conceded 21 points

So apart from the 5 points difference which if extended to a whole season would be 17 points. Just look at the goal difference.

And all this with Hughes' team in a country where he has never managed before.

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
Anyone else think that Mancini pulled off a tactically genius bit of innovation at Burnley by dropping Tevez into a more midfield role, playing Adebayor as an out and out target man, and letting Carlos run at them from deep?

The Clarets couldn't cope with it and we might very well have scored double figures if it hadn't have pissed down!

Oh, and Vieira... imperious, majestic, outstanding.

Tevez has played as a deep-lying striker all his career, including most of his time at City, so it's hardly "tactical genius" to play him in the position he plays 90% of the time.

I agree we would have scored 10 if it wasn't for the rain, and I also agree that Vieira had an excellent game, as did Barry alongside him.

Please please let this be the start of the run of form we have promised but not quite delivered all season.

Every team always has a good run of form it is written...lets hope that ours has been left to the last eh ??

shadygiz said:
it was feckin' burnley for gods sake...makes a change when ALL the players are actually up for it instead of just carlito

3-3

de niro said:
robbieh said:

quote..well sorry to break it to you he already has, a number of times.[/quote]

so has wenger ferguson ancelotti benitez redknapp moyes bruce and every other prem manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.