Takeover confirmed

mcfc1996 said:
So do I get your green light to start celebating like my fellow Blues?

Let's go for cautious optimism. This is City afterall, and nothing's been confirmed yet!

Dubai Blue said:
projectriver said:
mcfc1996 said:
Am I right in thinking this isn't an inividual but an investment group? Where are the brains of this forum to put my mind at rest that they will pump money in without expecting an instant return? URG, Projectriver, etc

My experience of Abu Dhabi investment at the moment is that its not about financial return (very different from the DIC investments). Its unclear if this is a very wealthy individual or a guy backed by sovereign money. Dubai Blue whose view I defer to on all things Middle East suggests its back by sovereign money.

You seem to have plenty of knowledge of the region too. My reading of the article in question and brief conversations with journalists here is that this is a government-backed purchase, with Hydra Properties CEO Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim as their front man. He's a very very welathy and successful property developer in his own right, but he seems to be representing Abu Dhabi on this one and not his own company.

I wish they'd take that fucking 'word' off the back of our shirt though, the idiots.
alfahim-mancity_thumb.jpg

Edit: Just noticed that's a Marseille shirt, not a City shirt. Shit, have they bought the wrong club?!!

Without causing doom all i say is they better not change our name!!

As far as I can find out, this investment is backed by royalty. I doubt that they are looking at it as a financial investment on the basis of the football club alone. There is probabbly a significant 'not for profit' element to this deal, at least in the short to medium term.
Financially, there is no limit to what these people can afford but they will expect value for money. I can only imagine that translating into major success, even if it means wholesale changes. I hope they have more football sense than Thaskin and realise that we need to build something over time.

does this make us richer than QPR???

Aint the board there worth about 40 skips worth of abramovich's aswel

city and qpr two riches clubs in england hahahaha

scum are quakin...

we doing a collection and a card for thaskin to say thanks for all his efforts.. think he could do with the cash..

Dubai Blue said:
mcfc1996 said:
So do I get your green light to start celebating like my fellow Blues?

Let's go for cautious optimism. This is City afterall, and nothing's been confirmed yet!

Cheers mate. If anything can go wrong it will. But for the time being I will just join in the conga.

Just PMSL at the guy being interviewd in his car on SSN, him and his son wearing a towel on their heads held on by black gaffa tape

Just wanted to post a congratulations to you all from us over at http://www.kumb.com. Seems like good news and appears as though you have a disgustingly wealthy investor who is not after financial return. ... I truly hope this is the dream you lot have had for many a year. You deserve it.

Now go smash that 'big 4' myth!

Newcastle Fans Loving it .....

They cant wait to see what we all want ... check this out

Posted by antz1uk on 01 Sep 2008 10:45 Complain | Reply
re: re: sky sports news.... ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another link in detail

if i was a man utd fan, i would really start to worry about the bigger picture

these guys are among the most wealthy in the word and are goin to pay off any debt and all pending debts..

man utd are soo much in debt it is frightening

id love it, just love it to watch man city eventually overcome man utd as the strongest proper team in manchester

i know it wont happen overnight, but in a few years it just could!

Posted by hammeredhome on 01 Sep 2008 10:53 Complain | Reply
re: re: re: sky sports news.... ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antz

Agree with you, would be great to see the proper half of Manchester come out on top.

<a class="postlink" href="http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=386&fid=185&sty=2&act=1&mid=2128526397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.p ... 2128526397</a>

UptonLark said:
Just wanted to post a congratulations to you all from us over at http://www.kumb.com. Seems like good news and appears as though you have a disgustingly wealthy investor who is not after financial return. ... I truly hope this is the dream you lot have had for many a year. You deserve it.

Now go smash that 'big 4' myth!
thanks!!! and we will... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.