Takeover confirmed

mammutly said:
As far as I can find out, this investment is backed by royalty. I doubt that they are looking at it as a financial investment on the basis of the football club alone. There is probabbly a significant 'not for profit' element to this deal, at least in the short to medium term.
Financially, there is no limit to what these people can afford but they will expect value for money. I can only imagine that translating into major success, even if it means wholesale changes. I hope they have more football sense than Thaskin and realise that we need to build something over time.
Looking at the results/transfers so far this season, and at what might happen after this takeover, surely "building over time", is more or less what has been happening. Thaksin didn't, at least at first, have much football sense, but it hasn't turned out too badly in the end.

One advantage of the new set-up is that it is highly unlikely that, whatever the new owners are actually like, they will ever face the judicial process in their own country!

Happy days for City!

UptonLark said:
Just wanted to post a congratulations to you all from us over at http://www.kumb.com. Seems like good news and appears as though you have a disgustingly wealthy investor who is not after financial return. ... I truly hope this is the dream you lot have had for many a year. You deserve it.

Now go smash that 'big 4' myth!

Nice of you to say that fella thanks.

If all this is true, then my heart is swelling with pride !

Dubai 'Royal Family' 10x more money than Abramovich and this little bit that made me laugh :

"Manchester City was founded in 1880 under the name of "Marx Sent" (St. Marks), which was changed to "Pedro" (Ardwick AFC) in 1887. The current name was taken on in 1894.

See <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529580-abu-dhabi-seals-deal-for-manchester-city?ln=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529580-a ... city?ln=en</a>

A very well placed source within the media told me that City are remaining very tight-lipped at the moment, and that talks are ongoing so I don't think anything has been concluded just yet.

One advantage of the new set-up is that it is highly unlikely that, whatever the new owners are actually like, they will ever face the judicial process in their own country!

true, they are the judicial process

lets hope they are fit and proper

Latest from my mate at The National in Abu Dhabi:

Hello mate,
Just got back to the office. Apparently our sports desk have found out that a deal has been signed and confirmed by the Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development, but they still haven't found out the price. I don't think the news was supposed to be revealed by the Arabs until City did it officially, but it has happened nonetheless.
Amazing news, and it happened right under everyone's noses.

As I suspected. Absolutely no one had a clue about this. They're ringing me up in half an hour for an interview.

I'll be sure to mention Bluemoon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.