Talksport now (continued)

Re: Talksport now

brianmoore666 said:
Thank you for your observations - feel free to make criticisms, as long as they are not abusive.

Saw your boys at the Bridge last week and Aguero was something to behold, though in the first half all his and their work amounted to not testing Chec properly at all. Can't help feeling the number of changes made from week to week doesn't help; one of the drawbacks to having a strong squad.

You miss Kompany badly, not just for his individual ability but as an organiser.

Views on the Hart dropping? For me it had to happen to give the signal that nobody is irreplaceable and you have to be on form to merit inclusion.

Well as it was my rather simplistic observation that brought you to Bluemoon in the first place I will say hello and I hope you now stick around (you could maybe do the opposition view feature for our return game with Chelsea later in the season!)

In regards to the dropping Hart question then I agree it needed to be done, even if for no other reason than to show that his place isn't guaranteed and to hopefully make him rise to a challenge that he didn't actually think he had. I do think it interlinks with the other point you make about the changes in our team affecting how we play. The triangle of goalkeeper and 2 centre halves is vital to the stability of the team, we have already had too many combinations of the centre back partnership this season and I believe that that is a factor in Joe's poor start and dip in confidence.

Tick Tock said:
And if you were indeed the famous Brian Moore I would imagine that you would spell Cech correctly. Epic fail

Many a grammar nit on here.....

Brian-Moore-008.jpg

....you can pick him up on it not me.

Not to be sycophantic but a leg-end on the pitch and a refreshing voice amongst the dross on the radio. Welcome to the forum (and spell things as you wish) Brian.

Benarbia_is_god said:
BMs commentary is a lesson to all co-commentators. Passionate, knowledgeable, intelligent, unafraid to speak their mind and unibiased are all qualities he has and the complete opposite to what we get with football E.g Michael Owen.

I don't mind a commentator supporting a side, look at Jiffy when he commentates on Wales. It's pricks like John Inverdale constantly using England as a reference point to everything he talks about during the six nations.

Agreed. I'm not a huge Rugby fan but always follow the internationals and BM's commentary is excellent, he's usually the only one who can give any insight on the scrum

He's only my second favourite Brian Moore though ;)

brianmoore666 said:
Some asked about my authenticity - all I can say is if you're on twitter I've just posted a greeting and that is a verified account - @brianmoore66.

stop trying to impress everyone by squeezing in a longer word in than needed, it makes you look a twat.

seriously

Why Always Ste said:
He has verified himself through Twitter..

Admittedly I'm not familiar with twitter, but his last tweet looks to be from a few days ago. I can't see anything from today.

stony said:
Why Always Ste said:

Admittedly I'm not familiar with twitter, but his last tweet looks to be from a few days ago. I can't see anything from today.

I had a chat with him today...called me a Lancashire Jessie!..I agreed ;)

Sky Blue said:
stony said:
Why Always Ste said:

I had a chat with him today...called me a Lancashire Jessie!..I agreed ;)

It must be my 1990s internet skills not coping with all this new fangled social media shite.
It was a lot easier when it was yahoo messenger and ICQ

r.soleofsalford said:
brianmoore666 said:
Some asked about my authenticity - all I can say is if you're on twitter I've just posted a greeting and that is a verified account - @brianmoore66.

stop trying to impress everyone by squeezing in a longer word in than needed, it makes you look a twat.

seriously

Mate, I use words that mean the specific thing I want them to say. It's don't care if other people don't like it. I'm not going to apologise for having and using an education. If you think articulacy and/or literacy is a negative thing it says much about you and nothing about me.

F****** 0 - 2 to Newcastle - ruined my day, even after watching England beat the SDs.

brianmoore666 said:
Mate, I use words that mean the specific thing I want them to say. It's don't care if other people don't like it. I'm not going to apologise for having and using an education. If you think articulacy and/or literacy is a negative thing it says much about you and nothing about me.

We in the grammar police on BM are always looking for new recruits and an erudite chap like yourself seems an excellent candidate. You don't need to be very long on this forum before your eyes start to bleed by reading all the misuses of their/there/they're, here/hear, loose/lose, know/no and of course the ubiquitous could of/would of/should of/might of. Then there's all the creeping Americanisms like gotten, anyways, New Years, pissed (meaning pissed off, not drunk)*, etc. that do our heads in.

*As in the difference between "Alan Brazil was pissed that Manchester United lost to West Brom" and "Alan Brazil was pissed".

F****** 0 - 2 to Newcastle - ruined my day, even after watching England beat the SDs.

Language ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.