Talksport now (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilston Blue said:
without a dream said:
That was an impressive explanation of Warnock's air Malaysia joke.

What was the explanation? I heard his remark, and heard Kelly and Fernandes talk over him, but I was out of the car a couple of minutes after.

Two thoughts flashed through my mind, after I'd picked my jaw off the floor; 1. that it was a bit like Rodney Marsh's "Tsunami/Toon Army" gag, and that Warnock might be shown the door, and 2. that he might have mistaken Air Malaysia for Air Asia, which Tony Fernandes owns.

Either way, it was a shocking moment of broadcasting.
Hopefully it's the end of Warnock in the media, sick of the rag **** and that's absolutely unacceptable on broadcast radio.

Bilston Blue said:
without a dream said:

What was the explanation? I heard his remark, and heard Kelly and Fernandes talk over him, but I was out of the car a couple of minutes after.

Two thoughts flashed through my mind, after I'd picked my jaw off the floor; 1. that it was a bit like Rodney Marsh's "Tsunami/Toon Army" gag, and that Warnock might be shown the door, and 2. that he might have mistaken Air Malaysia for Air Asia, which Tony Fernandes owns.

What did he say?

aguero93:20 said:
Bilston Blue said:
without a dream said:

Hopefully it's the end of Warnock in the media, sick of the rag **** and that's absolutely unacceptable on broadcast radio.
That's all well and good, except he's a Sheff U fan..

only joking!!

Blue Hefner said:
Bilston Blue said:
without a dream said:

What did he say?

When talking about the rags little plane planned for tomorrow he said twice and was ignored that 'it's not one of them Air Malaysia ones is it?'.

About 10 minutes later we were informed that Colin meant Air Asia which as Bilston Blue says is owned by Tony Fernandes, not sure why he couldn't tell us himself though.

Gotta say, after the years of perpetual Rag bias from Talkshite, I am now getting mightily pissed off with the Liverpool wankfest they have switched too!

Ducado said:
It won't be long until Murray is doing Hospital Radio, the audience must have plummeted it's a terrible show and he is a terrible presenter

Listeners were up at the last set of figures.

article-2266133-049FC26D0000044D-158_634x497.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

Pigeonho said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Colin Murray's Talkshite show is the most self indulgent shite I have ever listened to

I like Talkshite as a rule but this muppet is a joker
He's definitely no Keys & Gray. Infact fucking Gaunty was better than this show.

I'd forgotten about Jon Gaunt. Horrible man, awful show. There was another one on there, Mike Dicken I think, whose show was the broadcasting equivalent of squeaky chalk on a blackboard, as well. Adrian Durham and Jason Cunty also need waterboarding into retirement.
The sidekicks on Talkshite are a watchword in awfulness as well. Cork, Gough and Colin Wanker. Dire.
H&J are the only presenters (along with the occasional and superb Brian Moore) I can listen to without wanting to maim someone

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pigeonho said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Colin Murray's Talkshite show is the most self indulgent shite I have ever listened to

I like Talkshite as a rule but this muppet is a joker
He's definitely no Keys & Gray. Infact fucking Gaunty was better than this show.

I'd forgotten about Jon Gaunt. Horrible man, awful show. There was another one on there, Mike Dicken I think, whose show was the broadcasting equivalent of squeaky chalk on a blackboard, as well. Adrian Durham and Jason Cunty also need waterboarding into retirement.
The sidekicks on Talkshite are a watchword in awfulness as well. Cork, Gough and Colin Wanker. Dire.
H&J are the only presenters (along with the occasional and superb Brian Moore) I can listen to without wanting to maim someone
Mike Dicken died about 7 years ago I think.
Gaunty was good, if it was taken the way it was meant to be taken - as a WUM show. Passed the time of a morning anyway when I used to be on the road.

Pigeonho said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pigeonho said:

Mike Dicken died about 7 years ago I think.
Gaunty was good, if it was taken the way it was meant to be taken - as a WUM show. Passed the time of a morning anyway when I used to be on the road.

Nothing good about what Gaunt did though IMO. He had plenty of thick right wing extremists lording him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.