Targets and Progress.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
Looking at next season what do you feel are realistic targets and how should we measure our progress.

For me this can not be down to specifics such as winning the title, we don't know what other clubs are going to do. for example say Chelsea spunked £200 million and stuck two fingers up to FFP this would have an impact on our capabilities next year.

Personally i think we need to be looking at being in serious contention for the title going into May.

Progression to the quarter finals of the CL.

Getting to the semi final of at least one domestic cup.

Critical for me is to radically improve our points haul next year on the teams in the bottom half of the league.

To promote at least 2 youth team players into the first team squad and give them realistic game time.

To continue to play an attacking style of play.

abu13 said:
Looking at next season what do you feel are realistic targets and how should we measure our progress.

For me this can not be down to specifics such as winning the title, we don't know what other clubs are going to do. for example say Chelsea spunked £200 million and stuck two fingers up to FFP this would have an impact on our capabilities next year.

Personally i think we need to be looking at being in serious contention for the title going into May.

Progression to the quarter finals of the CL.

Getting to the semi final of at least one domestic cup.

Critical for me is to radically improve our points haul next year on the teams in the bottom half of the league.

To promote at least 2 youth team players into the first team squad and give them realistic game time.

To continue to play an attacking style of play.

It we don't win the league this season which is looking increasingly unlikely by the minute, then he has to do better than he has this season.

Another drab end to a season like this and he will be toast.

Target top three finish. champions league qualification and progression to the quarter final and beyond is the only necessity for continuing success. to attract and retain top players at senior and youth level. And to achieve ffp. anything else is a welcome bonus though personally a treble would be nice

With this season of transition behind us, next season we should not have the early wobbles of this.
Therefore I expect to have won the league by Jan 31st 2015 ;-)

The target is always to win the Premier League title and get as far as we can in the Champions League. Every season, forever more.

We should be disappointed and class the season as a failure if we don't achieve these things but not act sillily when it happens (as in, get trigger happy with the manager).

If we win the FA Cup that is a very good achievement. If we fail with the primary targets and win the FA Cup we should be happy with the season and get ready for the primary targets for the season after.

If we win the FL Cup it is a little bonus and a good day out but not a lot more. For me, if we win the FL Cup we should be winning something at the end of the season to go with it. If we only ever win the FL Cup the season would be a disappointment because we'd see up to three other clubs win trophies we were aiming to win after this.

Don't forget, al Mubarak and Soriano do not count the FL Cup as part if the "five trophies in five years"!

shipleyblue2 said:
Target top three finish. champions league qualification and progression to the quarter final and beyond is the only necessity for continuing success. to attract and retain top players at senior and youth level. And to achieve ffp. anything else is a welcome bonus though personally a treble would be nice
top three?

If we don't win it next season you have wonder what the fuck is going on. specially as we're probably going to spend yet another 100 milllion.

greasedupdeafguy said:
shipleyblue2 said:
top three?

If we don't win it next season you have wonder what the fuck is going on. specially as we're probably going to spend yet another 100 milllion.
What a load of rubbish. There's is no way you can set a target of winning the league. You can have it as an ambition but as we've seen this season, little things can completely screw things up.

- If Hart hadn't fucked up at Stamford Bridge;
- If Villa's first goal had been disallowed as it should have been and we'd gone on to win there;
- If Aguero plays that pass to Silva slightly better at Anfield or Silva gets a better touch on it and score;
- If Kompany clears that ball properly;

If these things had gone the way they should then we'd be strolling home to the title now but they didn't and you simply can't blame the manager for those.

If tiote's goal had stood
If sterling's goal had been given
Silvia's offside goal

Hull were ripping us a new arse at home untill two late goals
Stoke should of beat us,Norwich too away even palace at home

All if's & buts P.B

Looking like we were just not good enough
We go again next season and hopefully get the title back.

My ambition for next season is to hopefully see us win the title but if not to try to not whimprr outcegen it comes to a little bit of pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.