Team for Arsenal

cibaman said:
Calcio said:
Does anyone really think hargreaves will play? I just cant see it

He certainly will not play 90 mins. But if he's fit enough to take part it seems better to start with him and then sub him when he tires rather than guess how long he will last coming off the bench.
Correct. Get 60-70 minutes from him and then bring on Suarez or Rekik.

if wenger rests rvp they wont score , so i would play , PANTILIMON - ONUHA SAVIC TOURE BRIDGE - JOHNSON,ZABS,DEJONG,HARGREAVES,KOLAROV - DZEKO - could be a cricket score if wengers plays his kids , but i dont think he will , the league cup is the only trophy arsenal are likely to win , so expect rvp and walcott on the bench , to get him out of the shit.

mancunial said:
if we lose and the draw for the semi is arsenal v united then it will be a bummer.

If we win we get Rags, if we lose Rags get winner of Blackburn/Cardiff.

You'll see.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
if wenger rests rvp they wont score , so i would play , PANTILIMON - ONUHA SAVIC TOURE BRIDGE - JOHNSON,ZABS,DEJONG,HARGREAVES,KOLAROV - DZEKO - could be a cricket score if wengers plays his kids , but i dont think he will , the league cup is the only trophy arsenal are likely to win , so expect rvp and walcott on the bench , to get him out of the shit.
Thats arrogant as hell. They have scored and havent played him in this competition. Wolves scored 2 against City

45 years of gloryhunting said:

Did you not see how open we were against Wolves in the previous round?

I expect goals from both sides.

People need to stop getting it twisted. In an ideal world, yes we would play our strongest side with the best possible chance of progressing and winning more silverware. But the league is exponentially more important than this cup, so you have to treat it accordingly. Why risk injury to VK, DS etc when this is a distant fourth in priorities? We have a strong squad do should be utilising it to keep the reserves on their toes and the first team fresh for the league.

We also played *yesterday*. People advocating playing our strongest side 48 hours after a taxing game at Anfield, after a gruelling game in Napoli, are crazy.

Wenger has generally looked to his academy and reserve team for the Carling Cup but, with City possessing such strength in depth, there will be a slight adjustment. “I will change my philosophy a little bit,” said Wenger. “I’ve always said that I will play a team that has a chance to qualify. We will give them a game, don’t worry.”

Agueroisablue said:
--------------Hart

Zaba----Toure----Savic----Kolarov

-------de Jong--Barry

--Johnson---Suarez---Nasri

-------------Dzeko

That would do for me. Really looking forward to this game. There's going to be a few goals I reckon.

Disagree with anyone who says Hart shouldnt play (though I dont think he will.) Goalies dont experience the sort of physical exertion that outfield players do and he could win us the game.

A potential semi final shouldnt be sniffed at in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.