Tell blackburn we dont want santa cruz

agree that one more bid including ben haim should be the last resort with him as we could get him in summer for half the price if we want to - and go get some one different for next 3 months

hotdel1 said:
Bongo Joe said:
We've agreed a fee. He should be a City player by Monday. Improved bids for K. Toure, Bellamy and Parker all went in this morning too i think.

Are you in the know, or are you a wum? Cause they have this list you see.............
I know about the list :) I'm pretty confident about this info though.

Not a big fan of Santa Cruz... would much prefer Crouch, but with Pompey already losing Defoe to Spurs, it's unlikely they'll sell Crouch, which is a shame because I think Crouch is a quality player.

RobbieBrewer said:
Hughes highly-public season long pursuit of RSC since he came to City has played into fat sams hands....he's loving the fact that he's calling the shots on the price and making us dance to his tune.
This unhealthy obsession with an overpriced injury-prone one season wonder who is "looking for match fitness" after yet another injury and showing average form this season is just plain stupid.
And people saying "he's playing badly because he's unhappy at Blackburn and wants to move"..... isn't this EXACTLY the argument used by some Hughes supporters for getting rid of "lazy" players like Elano?
If that's the case,why add more players who only want to play for a club when the sun shines?
There are far better "line leading" players like Crouch available for the right price...Owen would probably cost £5mill tops.....and my fear is that the last thing we want to be doing is giving the likes of allardyce £20mill to re-equip and keep Blackburn up at our expense!

If Hughes had any sense he'd just fuck this stupid game for a lark,leave sam in the lurch and move on....assuming he's got a "plan b" of course.

Good post.

Did well last season (as did Benjani) but not 100% convinced.

However, Hughes clearly likes him, he (seems to) want to come (making all the right noises but for the right reasons?) and Fat Sam would love the cash so I expect this will probably happen...

I would luv it,.....LUV IT,....if we signed another striker instead.
And let the air out of greedy 'Big Sam's' balloon.

Unfortunately it smacks to me too much of a done deal' bit of theatrics

RobbieBrewer said:
Hughes highly-public season long pursuit of RSC since he came to City has played into fat sams hands....he's loving the fact that he's calling the shots on the price and making us dance to his tune.
This unhealthy obsession with an overpriced injury-prone one season wonder who is "looking for match fitness" after yet another injury and showing average form this season is just plain stupid.
And people saying "he's playing badly because he's unhappy at Blackburn and wants to move"..... isn't this EXACTLY the argument used by some Hughes supporters for getting rid of "lazy" players like Elano?
If that's the case,why add more players who only want to play for a club when the sun shines?
There are far better "line leading" players like Crouch available for the right price...Owen would probably cost £5mill tops.....and my fear is that the last thing we want to be doing is giving the likes of allardyce £20mill to re-equip and keep Blackburn up at our expense!

If Hughes had any sense he'd just fuck this stupid game for a lark,leave sam in the lurch and move on....assuming he's got a "plan b" of course.
Spot on
I don't like the way Hughes has been 'bigging up' Santa Cruz.
and like you, I remain distinctly unimpressed with him

Prices are Over the Top. They are taking the ****. If we pay we will be a laughing stock - Bad business.

Perhaps all current bids should be halved - and wait until the end of the window - then start again. Wouls have been nice to have the players in early but not that nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.