Tennis

Well done, Jannik Sinner. A fabulous comeback from 2 sets down to claim his first grand slam.

Hopefully it will be domination from Alcaraz, Sinner and Zverev at the grand slams this year. I’d like to see Zverev win one after that horrible injury two years ago at Roland Garros.

Think one of the biggest points is like you say most people were either Nadal or Federer fans, then he came along too late and fans stuck with their favourite with not many making the switch to supporting him - especially as when you look at how he acted when he first started, he was impressively unlikeable.

He's manufactured himself to try and be more likeable but it has never really worked as I think most people can see that it's a show and people love genuineness. For what it's worth if you read what other players say about him it seems he genuinely is a nice bloke off the court.

The other big factor is his style of play is pretty dull. He's an absolute wall with remarkable movement - but that's not going to get people off their feet often unlike Federer/Nadal/Alcaraz/Sinner can do (or did).

Agree with just about every word of this. It's true he was given a really hard time by the crowd at Wimbeldon against their beloved Federer. But he didn't handle it very well. But shit, Agassi was an unbearable little brat in his youngest days — that's the truth. He matured into a genuinely interesting and likeable man, partly under the sane influence of Steffi, I think.
The important point, for me, is not even there. Djokovic's style just doesn't interest me very much. Any more than Lendl's did back in the day. Great champions, unquestionably. But I'd rather watch ten minutes of Edberg's tennis than an hour of Djokovic or Lendl.

Good to see Sinner win.

Watched him at Wimbledon a couple of years ago. Thought then he might win something once he got more experience.

I always said that Jannik Sinner was unplayable on his day but lacked stamina. He’s certainly put that right in the last 12 months and was incredible again tonight in demolishing Medvedev.

I’m pretty sure he’ll be world number 1 by the end of the year.

Brilliant from Carlos Alacaraz. A French Open final with lots of mistakes but also some incredible rallies with Zverev.

Youngest player to win Grand Slams on 3 different surfaces as well.

Brilliant from Carlos Alacaraz. A French Open final with lots of mistakes but also some incredible rallies with Zverev.

Youngest player to win Grand Slams on 3 different surfaces as well.
Seems quite a likeable guy too. He and Sinner are going to have some battles in the next few years.

Raducanu wins again. Her comeback has momentum. Much more consistent than her previous match. Some serious serves with a new action and ground strokes going well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.