Tenuous connections to Manchester City players old and new.

Paul Moulden once served me fish and chips , very good too and my brother bumped into Ian Bishop in a petrol station in Florida

Lived in Chorlton for 20+ years (1984-2007) and never bumped into Denis Law. Bloody ex-wife saw him loads. She did get me his autograph.
I’m Scottish so Denis is a double hero to me.
I once missed Denis by only 5 minutes. He’d been at Frost the butchers whilst I was at King Bee records talking to Les Hare about “typical City”.
Is that tenuous enough??
He was living in Bowden from about 1986 onwards. I knocked about with two of his lads Gary and Andy when we ventured over to Altrincham and Bowden and had the privilege of staying at their house a few times. Denis is a top man and as nice as he comes across in interview. Lovely family…..

The wife and I went on the train to Portsmouth away in about 2000 (think it ended 2-2) We shared a table on the train with Ian Cheeseman and Gary Owen. By the time we got to Portsmouth we were like 4 old friends. For some reason I can't remember, Gary Owen asked me to look after his car keys until after the game, as we were booked in the same seats for return train journey. Train home was delayed and we ended up arriving in Manchester at about 2 in the morning and Gary offered us a lift home even though it was in the opposite direction to him.

My grandparents lived in the Trench in Shropshire. Their house backed on to Trench Secondary Modern School. A guy called Robbie Brightwell trained in the playing fields behind their back garden.

He went on to win Gold and Silver medals at the Olympics. He married another Olympic medalist in Ann Packer and had two children who played for City.

I used to work in a bookstore in Macclesfield I remember a very a quiet Sunday morning, I had not seen a single customer.
When suddenly a certain Mr Neil young walked in I approached him rather nervously and asked if he needed anything, I sold him a pack of writing paper and a pen.
I asked him if he wanted a brew to which he said yes so he stayed for a cup of coffee and a chat . We chatted for a good half an hour and he signed a till receipt for me which I still have..a really top guy .

Played 5 a side with Gerard Wiekens once. And played with his dad in a Sunday league team for a couple of years. And Andy Morrison asked for my Veendam scarf when we visited Maine Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.