Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We have to be pragmatic.
We really don't if UEFA would allow for the loss to be exempt in the books in lieu of a court settlement. I don't care if it takes 10 years to get the money off him.

That's what I'm saying, mate.

But it's a big IF for UEFA to allow this.

We might not care how long it takes to get our money, but the owners might. Tevez is a rich man in comparison to most, but he won't have much left in ten years arguing his case in court.

Chelsea have found a similar problem with Adrian Mutu. He owes them £15m - good luck!

Davs 19 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we sack Tevez, we might as well have not qualified for the Champions League this season IMO.

Unless we win the thing, outright, qualifying from the group stage will see us bring close to £30m in.

Roughly the figure City would now look to achieve on Tevez.

Sacking him would be a stupid option unless the club received guarantees from UEFA that we can show the loss in our accounts.

Tevez might be rich, but we now have to leave him behind, just as the team has already done so.

Which means selling in January and ignoring the 'pound of flesh' calls to chase him for the type of monies even he does not possess.

Get £25m if someone is daft enough, stipulate a large percentage sell-on clause, get £10m as year in wages off the books.

We have to be pragmatic.

Can't think of anything more Pragmatic than terminating the weasels contract and suing him for his Market value transfer fee ( £40mil +) before he started his current round of dicking about. I accept that we'll only go this way if our legal people think it's nailed on a la Mutu/Chelsea but I sincerely hope we do.

Absolutely pointless fella as i doubt Tevez has access or even has those sort of sums knocking about-this **** (or should i say these cunts) know exactly what they are doing,they are reducing his saleable value by the day and no European club will touch him.

He will be off back to Corinthians or Boca for half the price of last seasons market value.

Draw a line under it even for £20 million

Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we sack Tevez, we might as well have not qualified for the Champions League this season IMO.

Unless we win the thing, outright, qualifying from the group stage will see us bring close to £30m in.

I know what you are saying TH but the CL is about more than the prize money.
You need to remember the Status, the marketing tool, the recognition and the ability to deal on footballs biggest stage.
Without CL you are back to attracting Europa league standards.

I do however get the gist of what you are inferring but I'm also confident that by the time the Tevez debacle is resolved we will have turned it into a positive for our Club.

Dribble said:
Davs 19 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Sacking him would be a stupid option unless the club received guarantees from UEFA that we can show the loss in our accounts.

Tevez might be rich, but we now have to leave him behind, just as the team has already done so.

Which means selling in January and ignoring the 'pound of flesh' calls to chase him for the type of monies even he does not possess.

Get £25m if someone is daft enough, stipulate a large percentage sell-on clause, get £10m as year in wages off the books.

We have to be pragmatic.

Can't think of anything more Pragmatic than terminating the weasels contract and suing him for his Market value transfer fee ( £40mil +) before he started his current round of dicking about. I accept that we'll only go this way if our legal people think it's nailed on a la Mutu/Chelsea but I sincerely hope we do.
^^^^Absolutely This!!^^^^

The wages will be going off the books anyway if we cancel his contract & it's very unlikely anyone will pay £20m in January following this latest behaviour. He has halved his value again. He will still be a City player in the summer, or will have to be loaned out like Robinho, with us probably having to pay half his wages. Then they will offer us half his value at the end of the season, take it or leave it, knowing we are desperate to get rid.

Corinthians financial director is saying in public now that it would be a financial mistake to sign Tevez. In other words : they want another 10 mil knocking off & his wages cutting or no deal.

I recon UEFA will back us in this as he threatens the whole future of football contacts. Fine him. Cancel his contract. Keep his registration. Sue him for loss of value.

flb said:
Davs 19 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We have to be pragmatic.

Absolutely pointless fella as i doubt Tevez has access or even has those sort of sums knocking about-this **** (or should i say these cunts) know exactly what they are doing,they are reducing his saleable value by the day and no European club will touch him.

He will be off back to Corinthians or Boca for half the price of last seasons market value.

I would draw the absolute line at £20m.

Anything below that is absolute piss-taking.

Tevez no doubt has best part of £10-20m sat and invested in various places, but to sue him for his outright value, £40m, just not happening.

Tevez has done us and the club another huge favour. It pushes the stand-off closer to the January window with even more excuse to let him kick his heels between it.

The onus is not on us to find a buyer, a unique situation.

The dream scenario is we sack him and hold ourselves as an example to the world, but it don't pay the bills.

flb said:
Davs 19 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Which means selling in January and ignoring the 'pound of flesh' calls to chase him for the

type of monies even he does not possess.

We have to be pragmatic.

Can't think of anything more Pragmatic than terminating the weasels contract and suing him for his Market value transfer fee ( £40mil +) before he started his current round of dickinabout. I accept that we'll only go this way if our legal people think it's nailed on a la Mutu/Chelsea but I sincerely hope we do.

Absolutely pointless fella as i doubt Tevez has access or even has those sort of sums
knocking about-this **** (or should i say these cunts) know exactly what they are doing,they are reducing his saleable value by the day and no European club will touch him.

He will be off back to Corinthians or Boca for half the price of last seasons market value

I know what you're saying mate but I'd take an attachment of earnings order whether it got paid or not should this be the route the club chooses. The weasel then becomes a debtor of the club and any judgement against him could be offset against outgoings for ffp purposes. Plus it'd be funny :)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We have to be pragmatic.
We really don't if UEFA would allow for the loss to be exempt in the books in lieu of a court settlement. I don't care if it takes 10 years to get the money off him.

We might not care how long it takes to get our money, but the owners might. Tevez is a rich man in comparison to most, but he won't have much left in ten years arguing his case in court.

Chelsea have found a similar problem with Adrian Mutu. He owes them £15m - good luck!

I know what you are saying mate I agree to an extent, but if we are happy to spunk £5M per year on Bridge, I think (hope) the owners may go for him as a matter of principle.

For me it does all depend on UEFA giving us dispensation with the accounts in the meantime. If we can't get that assurance, then sell him.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
flb said:
Davs 19 said:

Tevez no doubt has best part of £10-20m sat and invested in various places, but to sue him for his outright value, £40m, just not happening.

Tevez has done us and the club another huge favour. It pushes the stand-off closer to the January window with even more excuse to let him kick his heels between it.

The dream scenario is we sack him and hold ourselves as an example to the world, but it don't pay the bills.

We pissed on his chips with the failed Corinthians move and boy is the coconut headed **** getting his own back.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
flb said:
Davs 19 said:

We've already shit the £20 million. In the current climate, who is going to pay that for a trouble making, pie eating wankstain ? Who needs him enough to risk it ?

SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:

I know what you are saying mate I agree to an extent, but if we are happy to spunk £5M per year on Bridge, I think (hope) the owners may go for him as a matter of principle.

For me it does all depend on UEFA giving us dispensation with the accounts in the meantime. If we can't get that assurance, then sell him.

I think our owners would have 'gone for him' before now if they thought they had any legal leverage.

I'm not sure, but I think the most FIFA were saying in the wake of the Bayern flashpoint, was the supporting of a worldwide 12-month ban.

All manner of argument over restriction of trade would then come into it.

Maybe Tevez thinks it is worth wiping his eye for 12 months, to get what he wants?

I'm more interested in legal action for the impact on his actual real transfer value.

Regardless of whether we sell him or not in January, he is worth £15m less than he was in the summer.

It is this difference that I suspect City and the owners may attempt a legal action over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.