Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

hgblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
The big problem that the club will face is not winning any argument in court, but enforcing any debt against Tevez in Argentina or any other jurisdiction for that matter.

It would prove expensive, time consuming and ultimately fruitless as I'm sure most of his his worthwhile assets could be squirelled away before you could say 'two restaurants'.

As much as it sticks in the craw we've got to to get what we can in January and move on. He's finished as a player in my view anyway. His heart isn't in it anymore.

He's finished as a player here, but he will get his move in January and the buying club will pay a lot less for him than they would have done pre-Munich. Job done from his point of view. What a mess.

If he was that focussed on getting that move in January, presumably to a top club, then he would have been much more diligent about regaining his fitness and losing the extra weight that he is carrying.

He will never be the same player - or anything even close imo. The mental strength he had, which transformed him from a good player to a great one, isn't there anymore.

strongbowholic said:
bobmcfc said:
is he claiming miscommunication again ?
No, he was talking about the very fine Beastie Boys album "Ill Communication", I think - it was a bit difficult to understand him properly.

I thought he said he didn't want to miss communion.

Or was it miss the Communards?

BringBackSwales said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:
You never know, FIFA may do our dirty work for us!

I know what you are saying mate I agree to an extent, but if we are happy to spunk £5M per year on Bridge, I think (hope) the owners may go for him as a matter of principle.

For me it does all depend on UEFA giving us dispensation with the accounts in the meantime. If we can't get that assurance, then sell him.

I think our owners would have 'gone for him' before now if they thought they had any legal leverage.

I'm not sure, but I think the most FIFA were saying in the wake of the Bayern flashpoint, was the supporting of a worldwide 12-month ban.

All manner of argument over restriction of trade would then come into it.

Maybe Tevez thinks it is worth wiping his eye for 12 months, to get what he wants?

I'm more interested in legal action for the impact on his actual real transfer value.

Regardless of whether we sell him or not in January, he is worth £15m less than he was in the summer.

It is this difference that I suspect City and the owners may attempt a legal action over.

I would fancy the chances of Khaldoon, the Sheikh and their legal team against herma, kia and paul fucking mccarthy and their legal team - our owners will do not only what is right but also what is in the best interest of our club
<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:09 pm --<br /><br />
baldybouncer said:
BringBackSwales said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I think our owners would have 'gone for him' before now if they thought they had any legal leverage.

I'm not sure, but I think the most FIFA were saying in the wake of the Bayern flashpoint, was the supporting of a worldwide 12-month ban.

All manner of argument over restriction of trade would then come into it.

Maybe Tevez thinks it is worth wiping his eye for 12 months, to get what he wants?

I'm more interested in legal action for the impact on his actual real transfer value.

Regardless of whether we sell him or not in January, he is worth £15m less than he was in the summer.

It is this difference that I suspect City and the owners may attempt a legal action over.

I would fancy the chances of Khaldoon, the Sheikh and their legal team against herma, kia and paul fucking mccarthy and their legal team - our owners will do not only what is right but also what is in the best interest of our club

You never know, FIFA may do our dirty work for us!

Everything about this situation is just so wrong, the club seem almost powerless. Tevez was worth 40m in the summer. Joint top scorer in the best league in the world, hard grafter, hard as nails, a guaranteed goal scorer. We declined his request to sell him in January as quite simply we couldn't afford to let someone of his calibre walk out the door mid season, it could have been disastrous for both our FA Cup endeavour and our eventual 3rd place finish, but we declined this on the grounds that we would let him go in the summer providing we were suitably compensated. After all it is the club who sets the transfer value, not the player.

Put him in the shop window, stuck on a tag, summer comes and goes. The only club interested either can't afford it or are looking for a cut price deal/vessel only to flip him to another European club 6 months later. The transfer window closes. Clearly he's not worth 40m or someone would have bought him, but that's the cost the club puts on the risk of selling him to a rival, and of course his contribution to MCFC. We expect him having signed one of the most luvrative contracts in world football to honour it and carrying on playing. What's more, his family have now apparently settled in the UK and everything is fine. Huzzah!

Still, the story must go on, so in comes Aguero. Tevez returns looking like he just did over a Gregs, Dzeko sets himself on fire and bangs them in for shits and giggles, Aguero hits the ground not so much running more particle accelerating, heck even Balotelli wants in on the record breaking action. Tevez is rightly demoted to 4th choice striker.

Never have toys been thrown so far out of the pram. The first time he's properly needed to do his job he stamps his feet and holds his breath. Football is up in arms. A player paid that much and he refuses to even come on the pitch to help his team! Tevez halves his transfer value in one single action. Now at this point, even if we say Tevez isn't worth 40m, he's worth 30m, no-one in their right mind is going to pay 30m for a player with his past, who's single saving grace of *always* wanting to play and give 100% has just been vanquished. He's just another pain in the arse. A talented pain in the arse, probably worth a punt for 20m if you can afford it, but not a 40m or even 30m pain in the arse by any stretch of the imagination.

We could still probably have moved past it though. As awful as everything that went on, we can put a face on it and ship him out for 20m in January. We try and claw back whatever we can from him in a fine, PFA steps in and says "Oh you can't do that". We get the maximum two weeks, despite him effectively robbing the club of 10m in transfer income.

But no. Not content with bringing his transfer value down to 20m, he seeks to devalue himself even more. Even the PFA have realised they've backed the wrong horse. As we hear the PFA screeching to a halt and putting it in full reverse, Tevez is roaming around Argentina, two fingers up to the club with one hand, burger in the other. Transfer value dropping by the passing day. Not only does this player not come on the pitch when asked, he won't even turn up to training, nor keep himself in suitable fitness to be available for selection every second we're paying him a fortune.

A major example needs to be made here. It's in the future interest of not only our club but every club to help transfer a more even balance of power between the player and club. Tevez is robbing us, plain and simple. He's deliberately reducing his transfer value to engineer a move, all whilst being one of the highest paid players in the world. If at the very least UEFA don't let us account for this loss in the books for FFPR it will be a disgrace.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/tevez-turns-over-a-new-suspension-201111104525/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 111104525/</a>
CARLOS Tevez has vowed to get back to being an utter tool for his club, it emerged last night.

As the deer-scaring striker missed turning up for training by approximately 7,000 miles, his handler has promised fans that he will soon be back to his not-doing-anything best.

Troll wrangler Roy Hobbs said: "I slung a couple of piglets into his pen an hour ago, so he’ll be sleeping now, but I’d say he’s at 90% 'saying how much I miss home' fitness and will be banging in the pathetic self-justifications in no time.

"With basket cases like Mario Balotelli in the team he knows he’s no longer an automatic first choice for being screamed at, but he’s shown that he can completely fail to do what’s asked of him at the highest level."

Tevez claimed he got on a bus marked 'Carrington' that turned out to be a shuttle service for Manchester airport and before he knew it he was 30,000 feet over the Atlantic having a shiatsu massage.

He also claimed he tried several times to contact manager Roberto Mancini to explain his absence but forgot where he'd put his phone, what a phone looks like or how to say the word 'phone' so he could borrow somebody else’s.

The club will now decide what punishment to dish out to the Middle Earth-dweller, with the PFA advising their options range from fining him the equivalent of one week’s worth of Bentley wax or forcing him to not play when he had no intention of doing so anyway.

Hobbs said: "Whatever City decide, he will petulantly claim his human rights are being abused like the true professional he is."

Troll wrangler Roy Hobbs said: "I slung a couple of piglets into his pen an hour ago, so he’ll be sleeping now".

Greatest line ever.

hgblue said:
The big problem that the club will face is not winning any argument in court, but enforcing any debt against Tevez in Argentina or any other jurisdiction for that matter.

It would prove expensive, time consuming and ultimately fruitless as I'm sure most of his his worthwhile assets could be squirelled away before you could say 'two restaurants'.

As much as it sticks in the craw we've got to to get what we can in January and move on. He's finished as a player in my view anyway. His heart isn't in it anymore.

He's finished as a player here, but he will get his move in January and the buying club will pay a lot less for him than they would have done pre-Munich. Job done from his point of view. What a mess.
Why not put something akin to, "What a twat"

You almost sound like you admire his metal and "mess" almost makes it sound like City are at part, to blame.

SWP's back said:
hgblue said:

You almost sound like you admire his metal and "mess" almost makes it sound like City are at part, to blame.

City are partly to blame.

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
hgblue said:

City are partly to blame.

Oh ok. That shocks me that you and hgblue think this.

Probably Mancini has something to do with it yeah?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.