Tevez finally apologises

Everyone agrees that he is an absolute ****.

So are Terry, Rooney, Giggs, Van Persie and many more. Why should we be the only ones cutting off our nose to spite our face?

We've been in need of a fourth striker at times this season, now we've got one. He's our player, and if RM thinks he can use him that's good enough for me.

As long as we sell the **** in the summer.

I'm proud of how the club have dealt with him thus far. Docking him in the region of £10m in wages for not turning up to training for 3 months was absolutely spot on.

His apology smacks of expediency. His reputation damaged, he needs to prove he can turn up for work and make himself available. Nobody is going to pay him anywhere near £198,000 a week (£250,000 with bonuses), if he goes absent without leave for 3 months (and therefore does not make himself available for selection), and refuses to warm up and play when asked to. An apology it is nevertheless.

Even though he has apologised to Roberto Mancini, his team mates, and yes, the fans, can he be trusted? Is he a gamble worth taking? The lads who are going out there and doing the business have done a brilliant job. They have served us very well so far this season. The outcome of this has been a victory for decency and a complete vindication of Roberto Mancini and indeed the club.

Little Robin said:
Anyone who would rather finish 2nd than play him needs to give their head a wobble.
I think we will win the league without him!

What if his constantly greedy play costs us games, points and the title?!

The statement was a drafted agreement between both Tevez camp and City.

If City did not believe it ticked the right boxes, it would not have been sanctioned.

The pictures late last night of Tevez at Carrington, with Vicky Kloss, stood with him in reception, tells you what you need to know.

Tevez was in over his head, the players want him, and tomorrow, Mancini will meet him directly, and get his apology.

A line will be drawn for the good of everyone and first team training beckons.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The statement was a drafted agreement between both Tevez camp and City.

If City did not believe it ticked the right boxes, it would not have been sanctioned.

The pictures late last night of Tevez at Carrington, with Vicky Kloss, stood with him in reception, tells you what you need to know.

Tevez was in over his head, the players want him, and tomorrow, Mancini will meet him directly, and get his apology.

A line will be drawn for the good of everyone and first team training beckons.

am i right in saying all because the club stood firm tolm?

The reality is that Tevez is no-longer relied upon at City, his making and no-one else's. A carefully crafted apology by McCarthy and the snake in order to get him back on the payroll and in the shop window for the summer.

He has Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli ahead of him. I can't see him being used unless there is an emergency (I didn't want to jinx our push by using the 'I' word!).

One approach would be to get Tevez in front of the first team and ask them 'do you want Tevez back in the squad (more importantly Aguero, Dzek and Balo)? would you be happy with any rotation in order for me to include him? ask them to be honest and go with their answer - if it's a no then that's it.

Whatever happens I will back the manager fully whatever HIS decision is and I will be behind the team that has got us to the top of the league without this guy.

robbieh said:
Ian Paisley said:
Tevez was exceptional last season but found himself down the pecking order this season for no good reason.

Bloody hell. What about transfer request last January and another one in the summer. What about coming back a stone overweight and late. We bought Aguero as his replacement. Hardly likely to leave Kun on the bench and play Tevez.
You make good points but when replying to someone quite so deluded as "Ian Paisley", I feel you may be wasting your time.

danburge82 said:
Little Robin said:
Anyone who would rather finish 2nd than play him needs to give their head a wobble.
I think we will win the league without him!

What if his constantly greedy play costs us games, points and the title?!

Hindsight is a great thing, bud.

Thinking only goes so far, then you look for tangibles.

I couldn't envisage Kompany and Balotelli getting four-match bans, but it happened.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
If tevez does score, i wonder how he'll celebrate?
No doubt he'd wipe his arse with his City shirt, and get a standing ovation by some of the posters on here as he did it.
If he scored, that's all I care about.

Handwring all you like, it will make simply no odds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.