Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

uncle charlie wilson said:
A straight swap would be nonsensical.

Eto'o will have no resale value whatsoever, and his current 'market value' is less than Herman's.

I'd welcome Eto'o with open arms but we'd be doing Inter a favour if we were to agree a straight swap.

And on another note, should we sign Eto'o I'd imagine we've conceded defeat in the pursuit of Nasri.

Nor will Tevez if he stays to see out his contract.

Exactly, if Tevez retires in two years he won't either.

Two years might be all Eto'o has left so what's the difference? Apart from a player with a better attitude in the meantime and the chance to say we've seen another amazing player of his generation in a City shirt, when it comes to eventually reminiscing over this era. When you think of that way, what have we got to lose?

uncle charlie wilson said:
A straight swap would be nonsensical.

Eto'o will have no resale value whatsoever, and his current 'market value' is less than Herman's.

I'd welcome Eto'o with open arms but we'd be doing Inter a favour if we were to agree a straight swap.

And on another note, should we sign Eto'o I'd imagine we've conceded defeat in the pursuit of Nasri.

I agree about Eto'o, but not about the pursuit of Nasri - I can't see any link between the two.

I remember that Eto went to Inter Milan for less than 25m when he was few years younger !
How on earth his value increased to 38m ?

If they want to do a swap deal then no problem, 30m + Eto = Tevez

Re. tomorrow's Independent, Ian Herbert does seem to have decent contact(s) at City. Certainly he has written the best articles this year on Mario.

It is interesting that the article claims that Mancini has fancied signing Eto'o since early in the summer.

Allegedly, last week, Eto'o turned down a highly lucrative offer from a Russian club. If correct, it does confirm that he is not just concerned with the money. My own feeling is that he would be interested in coming to City for the right reasons. But it would be up to Mancini to make sure of that.

I hope that the 'Board' does not hold against Eto'o the fact that he turned 'us' down before. He took a perfectly rational decision that proved to be correct for him. Moreover, we are not the same 'us': we have a different manager, a very different squad of players and Champions League football. (If it is correct that Joorabchian is his 'advisor', I can understand the Board not being thrilled about that.)

Just to add, not so long ago I recall reading that Inter were considering writing off £15m or so they're owed from us in relation to Balotelli's transfer, in an effort to tempt us into a straight swap.

Should there be any truth to that, I'd welcome it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.