Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Tevez worth 38 mil (min) Eto worth 25 mil (max), simple as that. Dont downgrade Tevez worth just because you want rid.

Mancini is trying to build a Champions League winning team. For that you need a particular striker with the nerve, the aura, and the charisma, Eto'o fits that bill. Inter used to be perennial bottlers in the Champions league, getting dumped out in the last 16. They couldn't score away in England. Eto'o comes in, the mentality changes, he adds confidence and aura, scores a big goal Chelsea away, and from there on Inter were unstoppable. He when on to lift back to back trebles that season. His presence and experience alone is worth a premium.

I don't see the fuss for Eto'o.

Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero, Silva, Johnson - all fighting for three spots.

If Eto'o was in our plans, we should have got him instead of Balotelli, or perhaps even Dzeko. We didn't, so he's a luxury in the squad not a necessity. Therefore, we don't need someone of his profile on his wages, getting pissy because we won't be building a team around him or guaranteeing him a starting spot every game.

We've already sold the club to young promising players, i'd rather build with them, then bring in a big name because another wants to leave. Cash only, wait until January when Corinthians come back in.

As I said weeks ago, the two downsides apart (his accelerating depreciation in worth for eventual resale and his lack of EPL experience), he would be a significant strengthening of our squad. There is little doubt about that.

I can understand the FFPR considerations causing members of the board concern (both here and the club!) but presumably this has been factored into the calculations of income streams from season ticket sales, worldwide marketing, player sales, EUFA and Sky payments and, last but no means least, the huge sponsorship deal that can be used to fund expenditure spread over several years.

Eto'o certainly looks like he has the strength and quickness of pace and reaction to suggest that our attack would be sufficient in depth and quality to withstand circa 60 hard matches between August 7th, 2011 and May 24th, 2012.

rastus said:
Tevez worth 38 mil (min) Eto worth 25 mil (max), simple as that. Dont downgrade Tevez worth just because you want rid.

Facepalm.

He wants rid. Thats why we wont get £40M off anyone except probably Corinthians.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
rastus said:

Facepalm.

He wants rid. Thats why we wont get £40M off anyone except probably Corinthians.

Think about this too. If he isnt first team choice he will probably be worth 10m less in January. And if is first team choice, then we have to reconfigure our strike force.

okstate99 said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
rastus said:

Facepalm.

Think about this too. If he isnt first team choice he will probably be worth 10m less in January. And if is first team choice, then we have to reconfigure our strike force.

he could be worth another 10M less since tomorrow if he fail to come back in manchester...

Mancio said:
he could be worth another 10M less since tomorrow if he fail to come back in manchester...

Amongst other players, I know Mascherano did this last summer (and he is linked to Kia). But Mascherano already had a concrete offer from Barca.

I don't remember any top players 'walking out' without a clear destination.

Chick Counterfly said:
Mancio said:

Amongst other players, I know Mascherano did this last summer (and he is linked to Kia). But Mascherano already had a concrete offer from Barca.

I don't remember any top players 'walking out' without a clear destination.

Maybe he does have a destination.

GStar said:
I don't see the fuss for Eto'o.

Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero, Silva, Johnson - all fighting for three spots.

If Eto'o was in our plans, we should have got him instead of Balotelli, or perhaps even Dzeko. We didn't, so he's a luxury in the squad not a necessity. Therefore, we don't need someone of his profile on his wages, getting pissy because we won't be building a team around him or guaranteeing him a starting spot every game.

We've already sold the club to young promising players, i'd rather build with them, then bring in a big name because another wants to leave. Cash only, wait until January when Corinthians come back in.
Not really. Besides, why can't six players fight for 3 spots? If Tevez doesn't leave, wouldn't that be the case?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.