Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Oh dear, he is not worth £40M! Why would anyone want to pay that for a player who in 2 years time could retire and if he doesnt then he will almost certainly want to move on and cause alot of shit in the process.

As for Eto'o he had his best season last year scoring alot more than Tevez did. Oh and it seems we owe Inter around £10M for the Balotelli deal, so if that is the case no money will be coming this way.

Mate, if a 27 year old injury prone Fernando Torres goes for 50m and Andy Carroll's worth a very speculative 35m then Carlos Tevez is abso-fucking-lutely worth 40m minimum (yes, with-standing the off-field antics). He was by a country mile the best striker in the Premier League last season.

If there are no takers then fine, we keep him, you wouldn't see me complaining!

Bunk said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Oh dear, he is not worth £40M! Why would anyone want to pay that for a player who in 2 years time could retire and if he doesnt then he will almost certainly want to move on and cause alot of shit in the process.

As for Eto'o he had his best season last year scoring alot more than Tevez did. Oh and it seems we owe Inter around £10M for the Balotelli deal, so if that is the case no money will be coming this way.

Mate, if a 27 year old injury prone Fernando Torres goes for 50m and Andy Carroll's worth a very speculative 35m then Carlos Tevez is abso-fucking-lutely worth 40m minimum (yes, with-standing the off-field antics). He was by a country mile the best striker in the Premier League last season.

If there are no takers then fine, we keep him, you wouldn't see me complaining!
The £50m for Torres was very artificial. Chelsea were desparate to get him before it came under FFP in summer. Since the new regs came in prices have been significantly lower.

The £50m for Torres was very artificial. Chelsea were desparate to get him before it came under FFP in summer. Since the new regs came in prices have been significantly lower.

Torres deal does come under FFP.

Tomorrow's Times:

363660041.jpg

Note the part where it says Spurs have lodged an interest in Eto'o. :x

Wantaway Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez will miss this Sunday's Community Shield showdown with former club Manchester United, after being given an extended holiday by Roberto Mancini.

The Argentina international was due to return to Eastlands on Thursday following a summer in which he has made clear his desire to leave the club for family reasons. He is now expected back on Monday, having missed the club's pre-season tour of the United States - and an open training session at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday.

In June he was quoted as saying he would never return to Manchester "even on vacation" but, after watching a £40 million move to Corinthians fall through, he is now faced with the prospect of continuing his career with City.

"Carlos has now been given extended leave so he can return on Monday, which is 21 days after Argentina's exit from the Copa America," said a Manchester City spokesman.

Inter Milan have been heavily linked with a move for Tevez ever since he was pictured shaking hands with Marco Branca, the head of technical staff at the club. There has been no offer forthcoming, however, with reports suggesting that any bid hinges on the future of Manchester United target Wesley Sneijder, whose sale would free up funds.

City have signed forward Sergio Aguero this summer for £38 million, a move that suggested they expected to be without Tevez in August.

Tevez is yet to be officially stripped of the City captaincy by boss Roberto Mancini, but it is expected defender Vincent Kompany will lead them out next season, as he has during pre-season.

I'd do the swap without hesitation...and I'm one of Tevez' biggest fans. People mention Eto'os age but as others have said, Tevez will more than likely retire in 2-3 yrs. This will be his last move, so whoever gets him won't be getting anything back cash wise when he leaves. Even if in football terms he's worth 40 mill, the point about him retiring knocks a massive amount off the fee. You have to take each deal individually and can't say "if Carroll is worth this" or "Torres worth that" etc - it's all down to circumstance at the time.

And if we did get Eto'o, added to the Toures, our African fanbase would shoot up. Eto'o is iconic in Africa.

And...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68f3K7SZ5U[/youtube]

He knows how to score against THEM. ;)<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 pm --<br /><br />Eto'o pleads with Inter chiefs to sanction Man City move after fallout with boss

Samuel Eto'o has asked Inter Milan to see if Manchester City are really interested in signing him after falling out with coach Gian Piero Gasperini.

City coach Roberto Mancini is a big admirer of Eto’o, 30, but the Cameroon star has a track record of stringing City along and they are wary of being used again.

Inter remain interested in Carlos Tevez and that will fuel talk of a possible swap, but City value Tevez higher.

City also expect Emmanuel Adebayor’s future to be decided over the next few days with the 27-year-old pushing for his dream move to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, City full back Ryan McGivern, 21, is joining Crystal Palace on a short term loan. Stoke defender Andrew Davies is also joining Palace on loan.

I admire Mancini's approach for wanting unbelievable strength and depth at each position, but maybe swaps like this is why it seems, allegedly, that Mancini is not a good man manager. He has already brought in 3 strikers, all valued over 25 million each, and none (well Aguero of course) given even a season's chance to prove themselves.

Bringing in Eto'o would, to me, be saying that Mancini does not trust 2 of the men (Balo and Dzeko) that he has bought for 50+ million in the last 12 months.

The way we often play under Mancini, we don't even use 2 strikers. Any given game we're going to keep 2 or even 3 of these guys on the bench?

We can discuss that Mario, or Aguero, or Eto'o can play out wide, but they are not wingers or midfielders. I'd much prefer a creative midfield option rather than another striker.

I would welcome Eto'o with open arms, but I question how long dressing room "happiness" would last. On the short-term it would improve us but I fear it would come at the cost of Dzeko or Balo wanting to leave.

I can already see the stories in January "I have to go somewhere else to play to get ready for the Euros".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.