Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Clearly Silva is a must but I could certainly see us starting with this line-up against the "lesser" Prem teams:

............... Hart ................
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov/Clichy
........ DeJong ... Yaya ..........
Silva....... Aguero ..... Balotelli
............Eto'o/Dzeko ...............

3 top-class strikers is the absolute minimum for a team that wants to make a serious challenge on both domestic and European fronts but 4 is definitely preferable.

blinkblue said:
I'm warming to the idea of Eto'o. Would be gutted for Edin though.

Dzeko would get games, we need 2 first 11's to compete on all fronts

_______________DE JONG_____________
_________YAYA__________NASRI_______
ETO'O__________AGUERO_________SILVA

_________________BARRY_______________
___________MILNER______??????_________
JOHNSON_________DZEKO_______BALOTELLI

?????= new playmaker or play one of Nasri or Silva

Reason said:
Nope. Doesn't even twist it upwards.

These days in Serie A, even I would score around 20 with the entire team playing for me. Not to mention that 10 or so of those goals were penalties, but that's beside the point.

7 of them, to be exact

Andouble said:
I admire Mancini's approach for wanting unbelievable strength and depth at each position, but maybe swaps like this is why it seems, allegedly, that Mancini is not a good man manager. He has already brought in 3 strikers, all valued over 25 million each, and none (well Aguero of course) given even a season's chance to prove themselves.

Bringing in Eto'o would, to me, be saying that Mancini does not trust 2 of the men (Balo and Dzeko) that he has bought for 50+ million in the last 12 months.

The way we often play under Mancini, we don't even use 2 strikers. Any given game we're going to keep 2 or even 3 of these guys on the bench?

We can discuss that Mario, or Aguero, or Eto'o can play out wide, but they are not wingers or midfielders. I'd much prefer a creative midfield option rather than another striker.

I would welcome Eto'o with open arms, but I question how long dressing room "happiness" would last. On the short-term it would improve us but I fear it would come at the cost of Dzeko or Balo wanting to leave.

I can already see the stories in January "I have to go somewhere else to play to get ready for the Euros".

That's assuming Mancini wont play like this:
----------Silva-------------
Eto'o------Dzeko----Aguero

In which case he uses 3 of the 4 strikers he has. In Mancini's interview he said it was important that we had 4 strikers. He also said that currently we have this, but that is including Carlos.

You say you want creativity out wide. An Eto'o would hardly be different than Nasri out wide.

lancs blue said:
Clearly Silva is a must but I could certainly see us starting with this line-up against the "lesser" Prem teams:

............... Hart ................
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov/Clichy
........ DeJong ... Yaya ..........
Silva....... Aguero ..... Balotelli
............Eto'o/Dzeko ...............

3 top-class strikers is the absolute minimum for a team that wants to make a serious challenge on both domestic and European fronts but 4 is definitely preferable.

no team has 4. Unless you include Michael Owen. Or Dan Sturridge. Or Carlos Vela. Or Bojan. Or, well Real didn't even have a 4th striker. Same with Milan...as top-class strikers.

Reason? It doesn't work.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 pm --<br /><br />
jjeangi said:
That's assuming Mancini wont play like this:
----------Silva-------------
Eto'o------Dzeko----Aguero

In which case he uses 3 of the 4 strikers he has. In Mancini's interview he said it was important that we had 4 strikers. He also said that currently we have this, but that is including Carlos.

You say you want creativity out wide. An Eto'o would hardly be different than Nasri out wide.

I'd take Nasri, a player who can play attacking or central midfield when needed, over Eto'o, a striker who is deployed out wide to fit a particular system.

The rags had Ronaldo/Rooney/Berbatov/Tevez for a while but Tevez was the unsettled one.

Barca had Ronaldinho/Messi/Henry/Eto'o for a while too, don't recall any problems there.

Real likely to have Ronaldo/Benzema/Higuain/one of Adebayor or Neymar next season too.

LoveCity said:
The rags had Ronaldo/Rooney/Berbatov/Tevez for a while but Tevez was the unsettled one.

Barca had Ronaldinho/Messi/Henry/Eto'o for a while too, don't recall any problems there.

Real likely to have Ronaldo/Benzema/Higuain/one of Adebayor or Neymar next season too.

- Ronaldinho isn't a striker.
- Ronaldo disagrees with you.

LoveCity said:

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are not really strikers, if you count them as strikers then for us you have to include AJ and Silva too as both of these also play wide of a front three sometimes. Ronaldo is more of a winger who can play as one of a front three too, and Ronaldinho is similar to Silva as in he could be the CAM/ No10/Wide of front 3, but is definitely not considered a striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.