Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

LoveCity said:
And if we did get Eto'o, added to the Toures, our African fanbase would shoot up. Eto'o is iconic in Africa.

And...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68f3K7SZ5U[/youtube]

He knows how to score against THEM. ;)

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 pm --

Eto'o pleads with Inter chiefs to sanction Man City move after fallout with boss

Samuel Eto'o has asked Inter Milan to see if Manchester City are really interested in signing him after falling out with coach Gian Piero Gasperini.

City coach Roberto Mancini is a big admirer of Eto’o, 30, but the Cameroon star has a track record of stringing City along and they are wary of being used again.

Inter remain interested in Carlos Tevez and that will fuel talk of a possible swap, but City value Tevez higher.

City also expect Emmanuel Adebayor’s future to be decided over the next few days with the 27-year-old pushing for his dream move to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, City full back Ryan McGivern, 21, is joining Crystal Palace on a short term loan. Stoke defender Andrew Davies is also joining Palace on loan.

Dzeko scored three in three matches against THEM, so what?

One of the three was attributed to Silva's buttocks, but who cares :)<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm --<br /><br />
Andouble said:
I admire Mancini's approach for wanting unbelievable strength and depth at each position, but maybe swaps like this is why it seems, allegedly, that Mancini is not a good man manager. He has already brought in 3 strikers, all valued over 25 million each, and none (well Aguero of course) given even a season's chance to prove themselves.

Bringing in Eto'o would, to me, be saying that Mancini does not trust 2 of the men (Balo and Dzeko) that he has bought for 50+ million in the last 12 months.

The way we often play under Mancini, we don't even use 2 strikers. Any given game we're going to keep 2 or even 3 of these guys on the bench?

We can discuss that Mario, or Aguero, or Eto'o can play out wide, but they are not wingers or midfielders. I'd much prefer a creative midfield option rather than another striker.

I would welcome Eto'o with open arms, but I question how long dressing room "happiness" would last. On the short-term it would improve us but I fear it would come at the cost of Dzeko or Balo wanting to leave.

I can already see the stories in January "I have to go somewhere else to play to get ready for the Euros".

Fully agree. This wouldn't bid well, plus I am probably one of the few here who aren't impressed by Eto'o in 2011, especially not while Balo, Dzeko and Aguero are around.

We can make do with 3 strikers but 4 would be better, cos all but Dzeko could and probably would play wide or in a free role.

We actually could play all 4 (on the odd occasion) ...

............... Hart ................
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
........ DeJong ... Yaya ..........
Eto'o ....... Ageuro ..... Balotelli
.............. Dzeko ...............

It might seem ludicrous but if they all got stuck in when without the ball it could work. :-)

I'd defo swap Tevez for Eto'o.

TonyM said:
We can make do with 3 strikers but 4 would be better, cos all but Dzeko could and probably would play wide or in a free role.

.................... Hart ................
.......... DeJong ... Yaya ..........
Eto'o ......... Ageuro ..... Balotelli
................... Dzeko ..............

not only does this not include our best player, it would never, ever happen.

TonyM said:

NO SILVA??? crazy person LoL

Reason said:
LoveCity said:
And if we did get Eto'o, added to the Toures, our African fanbase would shoot up. Eto'o is iconic in Africa.

And...

Eto'o pleads with Inter chiefs to sanction Man City move after fallout with boss

Samuel Eto'o has asked Inter Milan to see if Manchester City are really interested in signing him after falling out with coach Gian Piero Gasperini.

City coach Roberto Mancini is a big admirer of Eto’o, 30, but the Cameroon star has a track record of stringing City along and they are wary of being used again.

Inter remain interested in Carlos Tevez and that will fuel talk of a possible swap, but City value Tevez higher.

City also expect Emmanuel Adebayor’s future to be decided over the next few days with the 27-year-old pushing for his dream move to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, City full back Ryan McGivern, 21, is joining Crystal Palace on a short term loan. Stoke defender Andrew Davies is also joining Palace on loan.

One of the three was attributed to Silva's buttocks, but who cares :)

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm --

Andouble said:
I admire Mancini's approach for wanting unbelievable strength and depth at each position, but maybe swaps like this is why it seems, allegedly, that Mancini is not a good man manager. He has already brought in 3 strikers, all valued over 25 million each, and none (well Aguero of course) given even a season's chance to prove themselves.

Bringing in Eto'o would, to me, be saying that Mancini does not trust 2 of the men (Balo and Dzeko) that he has bought for 50+ million in the last 12 months.

The way we often play under Mancini, we don't even use 2 strikers. Any given game we're going to keep 2 or even 3 of these guys on the bench?

We can discuss that Mario, or Aguero, or Eto'o can play out wide, but they are not wingers or midfielders. I'd much prefer a creative midfield option rather than another striker.

I would welcome Eto'o with open arms, but I question how long dressing room "happiness" would last. On the short-term it would improve us but I fear it would come at the cost of Dzeko or Balo wanting to leave.

I can already see the stories in January "I have to go somewhere else to play to get ready for the Euros".

Fully agree. This wouldn't bid well, plus I am probably one of the few here who aren't impressed by Eto'o in 2011, especially not while Balo, Dzeko and Aguero are around.

So 36 goals and 14 Assists in call competitions doesnt do anything for you?

Tevez had 23 goals and 6 assists.

TonyM said:

Eto'o's best game isn't playing wide. It's in a classic center-forward role.

Aguero......... Silva ..... Balotelli

It's quite simple. we're never going to play 2 center forwards. I.E. Dzeko is preferably played in the above.

Btw, Is Aguero completely ambidextrous (like Dzeko)?

ODD OCCASION I said. Jeez.

And Silva may be rested the odd game too. Gawd!

a lot of games Mancini will still play 3 CMs. So Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Eto'o (?), Nasri (?), Johnson, Milner, Silva for 3 positions? Really?

Complete overkill, no matter how many competitions we are in.

okstate99 said:
Reason said:
LoveCity said:

And...

One of the three was attributed to Silva's buttocks, but who cares :)

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm --

Andouble said:

So 36 goals and 14 Assists in call competitions doesnt do anything for you?

Tevez had 23 goals and 6 assists.

Nope. Doesn't even twist it upwards.

These days in Serie A, even I would score around 20 with the entire team playing for me. Not to mention that 10 or so of those goals were penalties, but that's beside the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.