Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Fuzzmaster101 said:
LoveCity said:
The rags had Ronaldo/Rooney/Berbatov/Tevez for a while but Tevez was the unsettled one.

Barca had Ronaldinho/Messi/Henry/Eto'o for a while too, don't recall any problems there.

Real likely to have Ronaldo/Benzema/Higuain/one of Adebayor or Neymar next season too.
Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are not really strikers, if you count them as strikers then for us you have to include AJ and Silva too as both of these also play wide of a front three sometimes. Ronaldo is more of a winger who can play as one of a front three too, and Ronaldinho is similar to Silva as in he could be the CAM/ No10/Wide of front 3, but is definitely not considered a striker.

SWP too.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
LoveCity said:
The rags had Ronaldo/Rooney/Berbatov/Tevez for a while but Tevez was the unsettled one.

Barca had Ronaldinho/Messi/Henry/Eto'o for a while too, don't recall any problems there.

Real likely to have Ronaldo/Benzema/Higuain/one of Adebayor or Neymar next season too.
Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are not really strikers, if you count them as strikers then for us you have to include AJ and Silva too as both of these also play wide of a front three sometimes. Ronaldo is more of a winger who can play as one of a front three too, and Ronaldinho is similar to Silva as in he could be the CAM/ No10/Wide of front 3, but is definitely not considered a striker.

well if you give to mancini dzeko balotelli aguero and ronaldo i'm sure he wont ask for another striker...

Reason said:
LoveCity said:

- Ronaldinho isn't a striker.
- Ronaldo disagrees with you.

Ronaldinho played regularly in a front three for Barca and was pushed to the left like Balotelli plays for us with Eto'o in the center. Balo/Aguero/Eto'o are interchangeable and can play all over the show, only Dzeko is really a "one dimensional" forward.

Ronaldo disagrees with what exactly? He has been a starter without pause for the rags and Real.

LoveCity said:
Reason said:
LoveCity said:

Ronaldinho played regularly in a front three for Barca and was pushed to the left like Balotelli plays for us with Eto'o in the center.

Ronaldo disagrees with what exactly? He has been a starter without pause for the rags and Real.

I don't remember it that way, to be honest.

Ronaldo said yesterday/today they don't need another striker/forward (distinction lost in translation).

LoveCity said:
Reason said:
LoveCity said:

Ronaldinho played regularly in a front three for Barca and was pushed to the left like Balotelli plays for us with Eto'o in the center. Balo/Aguero/Eto'o are interchangeable and can play all over the show, only Dzeko is really a "one dimensional" forward.

And Silva and AJ also play as one of our front 3 from time to time. Hence my point. That means in your opinion AJ and Silva are strikers. They just aren't. Ronaldinho was never played as the central forward i.e. "The Striker" unless they were desperate. He always played from the flanks or behind the Striker making him a No10, CAM, SS or Wide Forward, he never was a Striker.

Reason said:
Ronaldo said yesterday/today they don't need another striker/forward (distinction lost in translation).

But Mourinho wants one and he is the coach. In the modern game many of the best forwards/strikers/whatever can play out wide, just like Balotelli is for us. Having say Dzeko/Adebayor/Santa Cruz/Aguero as the front options would be bad because three of them can only play one role but with Aguero/Eto'o/Balo/Dzeko, three of the four are versatile and can switch at will.

We could play Aguero/Eto'o/one of Balo or Dzeko in the same game and STILL accomodate Silva (playing deeper which he is good at) while having De Jong and Yaya on the pitch too. It would all depend on who we are playing and what tactics were needed, I'm sure two of them would sit on the bench at times but we will have 60 games this season so it may be manageable.

In the end I trust Mancini's judgment over anyone and if he wants Eto'o, I believe he knows what he is doing.

LoveCity said:
Reason said:

But Mourinho wants one and he is the coach. In the modern game many of the best forwards/strikers/whatever can play out wide, just like Balotelli is for us. Having say Dzeko/Adebayor/Santa Cruz/Aguero as the front options would be bad because three of them can only play one role but with Aguero/Eto'o/Balo/Dzeko, three of the four are versatile and can switch at will.

Mourinho hasn't decided yet, really, otherwise they would have already bought one. The reason he previously wanted another striker wasn't because they had too few, but that he wasn't happy with Benzema, and before that (when they took Ade on loan), Higuain got injured.

With Benzema's recent form, we'll see what happens in the end.

i think eto'o and his reps are pushing hard for this through the media. a year ago i'd say ok but now i think we have what we need in terms of high profile strikers. sell tevez by all means but the final spot should be given to an academy lad

Reason said:
Mourinho hasn't decided yet, really, otherwise they would have already bought one.

"In my opinion, and in that of everyone, we are missing one more man, one more attacker." - Mourinho in July

The reason they don't have one is because Santos are being pains with Neymar (their #1 target) and they have us by the balls with Adebayor, who has turned down moves to Zenit and PSG as he only wants Real and Real only want to pay a pittance so are playing us for fools and want to buy him for peanuts (or a straight swap for Albiol) if they can't get Neymar this window (which is looking more and more likely).

LoveCity said:
Reason said:
Mourinho hasn't decided yet, really, otherwise they would have already bought one.

"In my opinion, and in that of everyone, we are missing one more man, one more attacker." - Mourinho in July

The reason they don't have one is because Santos are being pains with Neymar (their #1 target) and they have us by the balls with Adebayor, who has turned down moves to Zenit and PSG as he only wants Real and Real only want to pay a pittance so are playing us for fools and want to buy him for peanuts (or a straight swap for Albiol).

We'll see, but even with Neymar, they'd only have three real strikers, as the other chap clarified above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.