Tevez [Merged]

Tricky_Trev said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I posted what I am about to say a couple of weeks ago and probably at least 300 pages back. Today Kia Joorabchian has dropped another inkling to the media that Tevez is veering towards City but a decision won't be made for about ten days. I am lead to believe that the delay is more to do with KJ's payment/ agent commission (not for the purchase of the player's rights) than anything else.
URG, do you know whether Tevez has actually signed anything, or is everything just verbal agreements at the moment? I guess with everyone saying it's in the bag, he must have agreed to something, right? But is this agreement down in writing and legally binding? Or has he not actually agreed yet and we're just assuming he wants to join us?

I don't know if there is a verbal or written agreement in place with Tevez and I won't speculate on something like this.
I appreciate you're only willing to say what you know without resorting to speculation, but what puzzles me is that considering nobody out there knows whether there is an agreement in place, how are people confident in saying he is 100% a City player and it will be announced on 1st July and so on? I'm only reading between the lines here, but i don't sense that any agreement is in place, so i fail to see why so many people feel this is in the bag. I'm a little confused to be honest!

I take your point Trev.
But,just to put your mind at rest,phone a bookmaker.
They take bets on anything on which the outcome is unsure.
NONE of them will even give you a price on this.
This is your answer.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I take your point Trev.
This is your answer.

They also aren't stupid and know that a lot of bets on this type of thing mean info could be out there. At the end of the day bookies closed the book on kaka and Koeman coming to city in the last 12 months. Doesnt mean its certain by any means.

As far as Im concerned its been done and dusted for weeks. Its just sorting our the smaller kinks of the deal etc now holding it back. Nearly every booky has halted because as you say the odds would be pointless at this stage.

That makes sense URG. Kia actually said in his interview that nowt will happen until the 3rd, 4th or even 5th of July, yet people have ignored this. Nothing will happen on the 1st in my opinion and this board will descend until full blown panic! I'll try my best not to join in with the state of panic, but i can't promise anything!

Manchester City favourites to sign Carlos Tevez, says agent

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/25/carlos-tevez-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ester-city</a>

johnmc said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I take your point Trev.
This is your answer.

They also aren't stupid and know that a lot of bets on this type of thing mean info could be out there. At the end of the day bookies closed the book on kaka and Koeman coming to city in the last 12 months. Doesnt mean its certain by any means.

As was said on SSN it'll be sorted within the next 10 days guys according to KJ - so we can relax till that is up !!!

Tricky_Trev said:
That makes sense URG. Kia actually said in his interview that nowt will happen until the 3rd, 4th or even 5th of July, yet people have ignored this. Nothing will happen on the 1st in my opinion and this board will descend until full blown panic! I'll try my best not to join in with the state of panic, but i can't promise anything!

Nobody needs to panic just yet....as far as I am aware the only potential spanner in the works is Joorabchian looking for a huge payout.

Wouldn't you do the same in KJ's shoes though URG?

End of the day he's going to sign a 5 year contract meaning he won't be moving until he is 30 years old (in theory!) so he'll have to line his pockets good and proper until then.

More to the point, KJ keeps stressing in every interview I have witnessed that they never asked the rags for more money than they offered. In my opinion, and that's all it is, this is to stop the media backlash for when he accepts £130,000 per week when he signs for us. If you think about it, why else would he say it? Nobody is willing to meet the wages we've offered him so what else could it mean? (genuine question, open to ideas on this one)

Tricky_Trev said:

Nobody needs to panic just yet....as far as I am aware the only potential spanner in the works is Joorabchian looking for a huge payout.
OK, cheers for the info. I'd like to think that the club realises the importance of sealing this deal though. If we don't conclude it, the media will have a field day, or possibly even a field week! It will be "another star shuns City" and so on and so on... even if the reason for the deal breaking down is nothing to with Tevez shunning City whatsoever. It would severely damage our reputation. So i'd like to think that City would negotiate with Kia to get the payment down a little, but will ultimately give him what he wants. No club would enter into negotiations with Kia concerning the transfer of one of his clients without expecting to have to give him a lot of money!

I can't believe this thread has got to 787 pages and he's still not signed.

SSN say his Agent has said he will sign for us. Anyone else got any info to back this up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.