Tevez replacement [Merged]

Re: Tevez Replacement...

leighton said:
There is only so many World Class players out there. Sadly we will be saying goodbye to our World Class striker the stats say it all at how brilliant he was for us goals and assits and workrate we wont replace that.

I hope Mancini can put his differences aside with Adebayor and bring him back into the squad. I am still not convinced with Dzeko and we dont have the players to get the best out of him.

Depending on who we sell Tevez to maybe money and a player will be involved. If Madrid I wouldnt mind seeing Kaka whos value has dropped a lot and needs a move in my view. Or Higuain or Benzema. If Barca come in then maybe Bojan might be a makeweight but I cant see them getting rid of anyone else.

As for Italian teams there is no player from the major teams striker wise that I would be happy to see coming to the club. So it would have to be a straight offer. I feel this could drag out all summer long. My wildcard for what it is worth Tevez in a swap with Neymar but I think that is a long long shot.
Edinson Cavanni whom Mancini rates is a possible or even Pato from AC MIlan though I would personally prefer Cavanni he's in the Forlan mould but younger! I also would not want it to be Ibra!!! Excuse the double negative still pissed with Tevez and the manner and timing of his latest bleat!!

Re: Tevez Replacement...

Greenjob said:
leighton said:
There is only so many World Class players out there. Sadly we will be saying goodbye to our World Class striker the stats say it all at how brilliant he was for us goals and assits and workrate we wont replace that.

I hope Mancini can put his differences aside with Adebayor and bring him back into the squad. I am still not convinced with Dzeko and we dont have the players to get the best out of him.

Depending on who we sell Tevez to maybe money and a player will be involved. If Madrid I wouldnt mind seeing Kaka whos value has dropped a lot and needs a move in my view. Or Higuain or Benzema. If Barca come in then maybe Bojan might be a makeweight but I cant see them getting rid of anyone else.

As for Italian teams there is no player from the major teams striker wise that I would be happy to see coming to the club. So it would have to be a straight offer. I feel this could drag out all summer long. My wildcard for what it is worth Tevez in a swap with Neymar but I think that is a long long shot.
Edinson Cavanni whom Mancini rates is a possible or even Pato from AC MIlan though I would personally prefer Cavanni he's in the Forlan mould but younger! I also would not want it to be Ibra!!! Excuse the double negative still pissed with Tevez and the manner and timing of his latest bleat!!

I reckon Cavani is a genuine possibility. I've only seen him a handful of times and each time he played like a donkey but Lombardo admitted they liked him and you just know there is a good chance the replacement will come from Serie A.

There are many options but the most obvious one to me seems to be aguero. Similar in style to aguero and keeps that diversity in our striking options.

Is there anyone that isn't hoping or aguero?

Cavani is relatively similar player in how they play. don't rate him that much, but many others do.

Not that keen on Cavani coming to City, he sets off alarm bells when I think of him in England, I have a fear he could flop badly. He and Forlan were both gash for Uruguay last night by the way, it was Suarez (who would have been a good Tevez replacement if he hadn't moved to the Dippers) who shone.

Aguero is perfect but I would also not shake my head at Eto'o, Rossi, Higuain, or Villa, even though the latter two seem very unlikely.

Sleeping_Easy said:
There are many options but the most obvious one to me seems to be aguero. Similar in style to aguero and keeps that diversity in our striking options.

Is there anyone that isn't hoping or aguero?

I am certainly hoping for him. In terms of a genuine like for like replacement, he is the obvious candidate. Surely this won't be lost on the management? This is of course assuming they want a similar kind of player. Mancini might not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.